Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

To go or not to go, that is the question

I have a dilemma, should I go to the game tomorrow?

I have been boycotting for the last three seasons and was lured back for the last three home games of last season because the sale of the Club looked a done deal. I was duped. When it didn't go through during the summer I vowed 'not a penny more' and have remained steadfast in my boycott. However, a deal seems very close now and I would love to go tomorrow.

But what if I go and then the sale doesn't go through, I have lined Roland's pockets with more of my (very) hard earned cash. But if I don't and then it goes through Monday/Tuesday I will have wished I had gone.

Anyone else having this same dilemma?

Comments

• Go. Think of it as one last hurrah to shout Roland Out!
  • edited January 2019

I have a dilemma, should I go to the game tomorrow?

I have been boycotting for the last three seasons and was lured back for the last three home games of last season because the sale of the Club looked a done deal. I was duped. When it didn't go through during the summer I vowed 'not a penny more' and have remained steadfast in my boycott. However, a deal seems very close now and I would love to go tomorrow.

But what if I go and then the sale doesn't go through, I have lined Roland's pockets with more of my (very) hard earned cash. But if I don't and then it goes through Monday/Tuesday I will have wished I had gone.

Admire the stance you have taken. Been doing similar myself, although going to the odd game when I fancy it. And I'm going tomorrow.

My advice is go and enjoy yourself tomorrow. The takeover will happen one day - and probably soon. Tomorrow is a time to stop letting Douchbag spoil your fun.

My stance exactly, I haven't been to a home game in a long time and have restricted myself to going to away Games because I have quite a few friends who work for other football clubs who can get me tickets without lining Roland's pocket such as Bradford.
    However I still care for this club and tomorrow is an important game if we are to push on for promotion ( optimism from a Charlton fan, what is the world coming to )
    I believe Roland has had enough as he wants to sell sooner or later, whether that be at the end of the season or now, but the players and manager have done a great job bearing in mind the circumstances and I'm going tomorrow moreso to give them the support and secondly to actually enjoy it and stop letting the old bastard sap my enjoyment from this club .
  • Go. Tomorrow is our biggest game of the season and the boys need all the support they can get. Bowyer said it himself.
    Support the team and not the regime (the regime that hopefully won’t even be there next week).
  • the way i look at it however a slight chance lose tomorrow and i think autos are gone, unfortunately think luton will be like shrewsbury last season, just running out of steam when it matters.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a dilemma, should I go to the game tomorrow?

If Roland still owns the club tomorrow then it is a simple answer, not a dilemma. Don't go!!

#notapennymore
    This.
  • I have a dilemma, should I go to the game tomorrow?

With u on this one Large...going through the same emotions & trauma as most,(ok that's a bit strong but ya know what I mean as most do about CAFC), my 8 yr old littleun has now been asking as she knows it's nearer his disastrous reign...& wants Bows & Sollys autographs to complete her little 3 selection of postcards on her bedroom door,she has already got Johnnie's...it's the only 2 players she has seen,obv she wants the managers too,filled her in too bout Bowyer of course...she wants to see more players & buy them postcards also...I'm injured at mo so it will be very uncomfortable to me to sit there all game myself...but for her I would do it...but it's the same I said never a penny more too...

So with takeover "imminent" do I wait get better then go or bite that bullet...

Cmon u Addicks...

Blackpool can fill in the rest...;)
  • A proper boycotting fan would leave it to the very last minute and if it gets announced Roland has sold the club, rush down to the valley to photograph the ‘all tickets sold out’ signs and post them on here for those of us in the ground to see...
  • Im going tomorrow. Taking my 12 year old nephew to his first Charlton game.

I'm ringing Childline now , so be warned !
  • get down there tomorrow, I've once again got that Friday buzz looking forward to the day tomorrow and a few beers with my mates.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just fucking go, life's too short and Roland is an easy excuse.

This.

Just go, enjoy it and pray for 3 points!

• It's your money. You spend it how you see fit.
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

I am sorely tempted to go but am resisting temptation - even with the offer of a free ticket.

Each to their own, and I don't blame anyone who feels differently, but for me its not a penny more until the sale is 100% confirmed.

Just fucking go, life's too short and Roland is an easy excuse.

But this is bollocks. There is nothing easy for boycotters staying away.
    While I admire your stance, your absence tomorrow will not make a jot of difference in the grand scale of things.
    That's a matter of opinion. What I object to is someone having a bit of a pop at people maintaining their boycott and saying that it's an easy excuse. Excuse for what, FFS? I doubt there are many, if any, who are making excuses not to go. I and many others are boycotting out of principle.
    and therein lies the dilemma, do I just chuck my principles out of the window?