Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holidays 2019

after xmas best way to get over the back to work blues is think of holidays.

got barcelona and amsterdam for long weekends.

a stag in benidorm and prague with england booked with the lads.

looking to do a european weeks holday 1st week of sept, was considering portugal but dont know if the weather will still be good? alternatively any other shouts of places that weather is still pretty decent and plenty of choices bars/restaurants etc.

ta in advance.

Comments

• This is the sort of post you see on facebook
  • edited January 2019
    @scabbyhorse had a thread last year and was pretty handy and popular 372 comments to be precise, what a pointless comment
  • edited January 2019
    Vegas in March for a week, go there with friend for a few days first then onto a stag do :)

Looking to do Amsterdam at some point
  • 2 week cruise, Montenegro, Slovenia, Malta, Greece, Croatia, Venice.
    Cheaper than our normal 2 week beach holiday.
    Wanted to see a bit of the world
  • edited January 2019
    A night trip to Belgium as organised here; a 4 night trip to Tenerife with friends; a possible hike in Iceland, been asked to go Vegas but don’t think I will, summer hols prob in cornwall, Devon or Wales; and Lapland just before Xmas next year is my lot I think.

Any tips on a cottage near the sea and/or on a farm in one of above locations with 3+ bedrooms and availability in summer hols I would certainly be interested to hear from.

• Thinking of going to Santorini in June. Heard mixed reports so if anyone on here has any tips/recommendations they would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  • Barbados next week and a stag do in Prague in March
  • a week in Cornwall in June... Cant wait
  • Mexico or Dominican in November, still quite unsure! (any first hand experience from any lifers would be appreciated as genuinely stuck!)

Newquay in March, Staying in same apartment as last year as it was amazing!

Missus bought me a wine tasting thing for xmas and one of the places we can choose is in York so thinking about doing that at some point!

Like hearing about where people go, gives you ideas and add's something else to the list to visit.

Have a good one, we have just returned from 6 days down there, New Years Eve was nuts in Looe.
  • Sponsored links:

Have a good one, we have just returned from 6 days down there, New Years Eve was nuts in Looe.
    Going to be the little one's first holiday and hopefully be able to make up for the last trip down there in 2017 when my car broke down on the third day effectively ending the holiday
  • First proper holiday for me this year since Miami in 2015. Let 2016 go by without one and then realised I’d stupidly done nothing in 2017 and kicked my arse into finally going away on my jacks in Nov just gone to Copenhagen.

Booked a week’s all inclusive to Croatia in June. Just want sun, a pool, a beach, as much food as I can stuff in my gob and some light sightseeing

Going to be the little one's first holiday and hopefully be able to make up for the last trip down there in 2017 when my car broke down on the third day effectively ending the holiday
    Nice one where are you going North or South Cornwall?
  • Has anyone on here been to Portaventura World in Spain and stayed in one of the hotels on site?

Staying just outside Newquay again; only this time in a static rather than tent
  • Up to Northumberland on a stag do in March for a few days at Tarset Tor, should be good fun. Away in the Lakes for a weekend a couple of weeks later for the wedding.

Potentially off to Germany with a couple of mates for a weekend at some point, possibly Berlin.

Not much else planned yet but would like to get a little European city break in at least with Mrs Red Robin for a long weekend. I'm thinking Budapest as I've not been before.
  • cabbles said:

First proper holiday for me this year since Miami in 2015. Let 2016 go by without one and then realised I’d stupidly done nothing in 2017 and kicked my arse into finally going away on my jacks in Nov just gone to Copenhagen.

Booked a week’s all inclusive to Croatia in June. Just want sun, a pool, a beach, as much food as I can stuff in my gob and some light sightseeing

I'm sure Katrien will enjoy it.

Nice, we have fallen in love with North Cornwall over the years. We always used to go to the South when the kids were younger, based ourselves in places like Looe or Polperro and then went out for days from there.

Now it just the two of us we have taken to the North so we tend to stay in the Watergate Bay/ Padstowe area and then get out from there which is very close to Newquay.

We had breakfast and a coffee at Fistral Beach (Newquay) on New Years Day watching the surfers ride the waves.

Nice, we have fallen in love with North Cornwall over the years. We always used to go to the South when the kids were younger, based ourselves in places like Looe or Polperro and then went out for days from there.

Now it just the two of us we have taken to the North so we tend to stay in the Watergate Bay/ Padstowe area and then get out from there which is very close to Newquay.

We had breakfast and a coffee at Fistral Beach (Newquay) on New Years Day watching the surfers ride the waves.
    Before I started to holiday abroad with my parents we always used to do Cornwall / Devon etc.

With the former it was nearly always down to Helston and the Lizard, never to the North so was nice being up there last time

Intended to go to Tintagel Castle until my car ruined things yet managed to visit Padstow (lovely place) and will be sure to do both in June; hopefully the region will be quieter this year too compared to last seeing that we went in August on that occasion, for some unknown reason
  • Wolindowsill bay courtesy of Brexit.

You lot all leaving for sunnier climbs must be mad. You may get thrown in prison when you get there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have gone massively over budget on our extension so will probably have to forego our usual summer holiday abroad. Thinking about doing a holiday camp in Dorset or Devon, any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Already have 2 Arras trips booked, one for a car show in March, the other for the CL Battlefield tour, plus Centre Parcs in May and Goodwood Revival in Sept.
  • Mexico or Dominican in November, still quite unsure! (any first hand experience from any lifers would be appreciated as genuinely stuck!)

Missus bought me a wine tasting thing for xmas and one of the places we can choose is in York so thinking about doing that at some point!

Like hearing about where people go, gives you ideas and add's something else to the list to visit.

went to mexico last year for 10 days in may, we stayed at a secrets resort - not there fault but it rained for 5 days and resort was quite shabby, lack of choices etc do not think i would head back.

however many others loved it, think there is a thread on here about it.
  • Booked mine yesterday. Plumped for Aruba .. looks really nice. Anyone been? Tips?
  • edited January 2019
    Nothing probably, kids are school age now and I can't afford £3000+ on a week's holiday in Spain.

Or £2,000 on a few days in Camber Sands come to that.

Might manage a weekend or two camping with them maybe.
  • 19 of us going Vegas in June... Literally counting down the days
  • I’ve booked Costa Rica & have a night in Miami coming home.

Also got the Italian MotoGP and will sort a couple of other short Euro trips.
  • CAFCsayer said:

19 of us going Vegas in June... Literally counting down the days

@CAFCsayer
    Any poker? The world series is on then.

Is it for a wedding by any chance? one of my mates who is a hammer is going to someones wedding in June and there is alot of them so just a wild guess
  • CAFCsayer said:

19 of us going Vegas in June... Literally counting down the days

@CAFCsayer
    Any poker? The world series is on then.

Is it for a wedding by any chance? one of my mates who is a hammer is going to someones wedding in June and there is alot of them so just a wild guess
    Will play, but do not plan to be sober enough for those kind of stakes... Out there for a stag do
  • One-way ticket to Vancouver in May, will spread the good word when asked "who are Betdaq, are they in the EPL?"

Im going Dominican end of Feb, so will let you know what its like.

I went Mexico last October and we were pretty lucky with the weather, it rained probable 2 days out the 10 and even then it was still baking hot and only lasted 10-20 mins. Standing in a pool, drinking, whilst it was pissing down was fairly surreal. But as @palarsehater said, he wasn't quite so lucky with the rain. Feb in Dominican plans to be a lot drier and a better time to go to that region.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!