Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Taylor/Grant

How long will we keep the dynamic duo up front?

Comments

• Till uncle Roland sells the fuckers!
  • Till 9th January
  • Great name for a solicitors....
  • Taylor and Grant seem like really good mates aswell. Definitely helps the partnership
  • But, can we keep them?
  • Taylor takes a lot of credit I think for helping Grant

hope we can keep them both and more importantly keep them fit
  • Sponsored links:

• Mametz said:

I suspect that the real difference for Grant is that he is simply older, stronger and more experienced. He was thrust unexpectedly and far too soon into the first team as a newly turned seventeen year old because of injuries to more experienced players and has had to cope with multiple changes of managers and systems. Even as a eighteen year old in a struggling team people were writing him off. His loan at Crawley, away from the carping and criticism has obviously served him well.

One of the very few things I would give Robinson credit for. Sending him to Crawley under the guidance of Harry Kewell who played up front on a regular basis, was what the lad needed.

Even the incident during the summer has not been seen to effect his good form for us this season
  • edited January 2019
    shirty5 said:
    Fantastic record. I really can see both getting to 20 in the league this season.

For Grant specifically, if you look at his form from the loan to Crawley and carried on to where we are now, he has scored 21 goals in his last 39 league appearances.

For Taylor, he scored 14 league goals last season for AFC Wimbledon, in 46 games - 18 goals in all competitions. So far he has scored 11 in 25 for us in the league - 14 in 26 in all competitions.

Both have been brilliant. The numbers suggest it, their performances suggest it. We must keep both as long as possible because they could be a huge, key reason for us to get promoted this season. Not too many teams will have two strikers with around 20 goals in the league.
  • Taylor has an excellent all round game - still amazed he's never played at a higher level.
  • Big difference with Grant is that when Fosu threaded that terrific ball through, you expected him to score. That’s not always been the case in the past

yeah absolutely. Actually thought the finish was fairly poor but it hit the net, that's the main thing.
  • Thought the Hales/Flanagan partnership would have been more than 39. Would like to see what the Hales/Horsfield partnership produced as they must have been next in the list.
  • How long will we keep the dynamic duo up front?

Till Roland sells them / they get injured.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    pretty impressive from.mid fiftys to ealry 60s. must have been a great time to be watching Charlton. which year did.we fall out of the top flight ?
  • pretty impressive from.mid fiftys to ealry 60s. must have been a great time to be watching Charlton. which year did.we fall out of the top flight ?

1956/57
  • LenGlover said:

pretty impressive from.mid fiftys to ealry 60s. must have been a great time to be watching Charlton. which year did.we fall out of the top flight ?

1956/57
    And I was born in 55.
    Bin a glory hunter ever since
  • The more you think about it, Gobbo’s tactical masterstroke of playing one up front with that one being Magennis doesn’t look all that clever.
  • edited January 2019

Big difference with Grant is that when Fosu threaded that terrific ball through, you expected him to score. That’s not always been the case in the past

More significantly I thought was how he out muscled the defender to get on the ball. Has added that to his pace.

Plus finally playing regularly and up front , not wide.
  • Grant was put into the team to young so many people judged him to quick. But going out on loan to what's the best thing that could happen to him
  • Grant was put into the team to young so many people judged him to quick. But going out on loan to what's the best thing that could happen to him

I must have been the only one gutted when he went on Loan last season, thought he gave us a different option which we didnt have, PACE UP FRONT!
  • Grant had already started to score goals BEFORE going to Crawley.

Don't doubt the loan did him good but we'll never know if he could have done as well playing in a front two for us.

Yes, I suspect if he;d stayed and played regularly up front he;d have got goals for us too - maybe not as many, but what difference it might have made to have him available for those play-off games instead of Ajose or experimenting with Kaikai.