Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Walsall - Post Match Views

Phew, made hard graft of that second half.

Great way to start the new year.

Over to you...

Comments

• Opposite of Barnsley. Dominated first half and looked way better than them but could have slipped up in second.

Great to be back to winning ways.

• A nice 2 points gained on Barnsley and luton
    Happy New year
  • Really weak side in hindsight so a big 3 points

We need to scrape 2 or 3 wins until our main players are fit again to keep up the chase.
  • Really needed that. 1 point from 9 would have been really worrying with Sunderland up next.
  • If we're serious about giving this a real go then the need for reinforcements is a must.
  • 3 is the magic number. Last 3 games finished 2-1.
  • Good win that, need some injured players back rapidly to keep us heading onwards and upwards.
  • A big win considering the team Bowyer put out today . Let's hope we get some reinforcements very soon .
  • Definitely one of our worst sides we have fielded on paper at least. Good win though and happy to be scrapping through .

Need at least 4 players in though if we want to compete.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn’t there.
    Sounded hairy to me but three points nonetheless. We desperately need some players to return and any business we do to be concluded sooner rather than later.
  • edited January 2019
    Harder work than it needed to be. Inexperience showed a bit at times - the nouse of Marshall, Pratley, and, particularly, Taylor got us over the line.

Fosu is still struggling with his decision making. I’m never upset at attacking players trying things in the final third, but he just needs to take the simplest option a bit more often - we lost good opportunities because of him overplaying today. His pass for Grants goal was excellent though - similar to his assist for Reeves vs Gills - that needs to be the blueprint for him because he 100 % has it in him.

Midfield still looks lightweight and teams are figuring out that if you press us, especially with our best midfield missing, we can be got at. Coventry and Barnsley both did it successfully. Walsall tried today and it didn’t work out for them, but let’s not pretend this game couldn’t have easily gone another way today.

Personally think we need a tweak to the shape/system as teams are figuring us out. I’d like us to be using a 352 while we’re missing so many midfielders, I think we’d benefit from having the extra man in midfield and we do have the players to play that system.
  • Not for those of a nervous disposition.
    From totally in control to shouting for the ref to blow.
    Great head off the line by Sarr.
  • Harder work than it needed to be. Inexperience showed a bit at times - the house of Marshall, Pratley, and, particularly, Taylor got us over the line.

Fosu is still struggling with his decision making. I’m never upset at attacking players trying things in the final third, but he just needs to take the simplest option a bit more often - we lost good opportunities because of him overplaying today. His pass for Grants goal was excellent though - similar to his assist for Reeves vs Gills - that needs to be the blueprint for him because he 100 % has it in him.

Midfield still looks lightweight and teams are figuring out that if you press us, especially with our best midfield missing, we can be got at. Coventry and Barnsley both did it successfully. Walsall tried today and it didn’t work out for them, but let’s not pretend this game couldn’t have easily gone another way today.

Personally think we need a tweak to the shape/system as teams are figuring us out. I’d like us to be using a 352 while we’re missing so many midfielders, I think we’d benefit from having the extra man in midfield and we do have the players to play that system.

Can't play 5 in midfield, struggling to field 4! And we only have 2 CBs!

I think 442 is the best way, Solly will be back in for Dijksteel and the team is still decent.
  • Pissed off, disallowed goal cost me 150 quid, but 3 points is the most important thing... Bilek motm, thought Reeves and KAG were class first half
  • Pissed off... Disallowed goal cost me 150 notes but 3 points is the most important thing. Thought Bilek was clear motm and Reeves and KAG were great first half.
  • Needed that tough game Saturday against Sunderland will show if we are worthy of our present standing in the league.
  • Twenty games left and we are still in the hunt for promotion. Home form is exceptional and we’ve still got the top 3 to come to The Valley.

We really need 3 or 4 players to help Bowyer out and to give us the best possible opportunity to go up. If we do not react Sunderland and Barnsley most definitely will.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great performances all ove the park, Stevenson, Morgan Phillips were fantastic and so pleased that there is a few who can step up if needed. None of them were out of place.
    Biggest performance because of what we need right...... SARR I make no apologiess of my views previous but the past few games and today in particular he was fucking brilliant. My MLM by a mile. Don't think he put a foot wrong and instrumental to the great period of play in 1st half.

People staying away are really missing out this year in my opinion.
  • terrific win and NO bookings ! .. good omen for a VERY big one on Saturday
  • Were there many there?

The crowd felt bigger than the rest of the season against Gillingham.
  • M

Harder work than it needed to be. Inexperience showed a bit at times - the house of Marshall, Pratley, and, particularly, Taylor got us over the line.

Can't play 5 in midfield, struggling to field 4! And we only have 2 CBs!

I think 442 is the best way, Solly will be back in for Dijksteel and the team is still decent.
    Marshall and Stevenson wing backs. Reeves, Pratley, and Bielek or Djiksteel and the 3 in the centre. Back 3 of Sarr, Bauer and whichever of Bielek or Djiksteel isn’t in midfield. Morgan showed he is an option in midfield too today, and Clark is nearing a return.
  • Harder work than it needed to be. Inexperience showed a bit at times - the nouse of Marshall, Pratley, and, particularly, Taylor got us over the line.

Also, we played 442 vs Barnsley and got overrun in midfield.
  • LenGlover said:

Were there many there?

10,396 official gate so about 8k bums on seats.
  • LenGlover said:

Were there many there?

10,396 of which 152 were Saddlers fans