Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I Love Charlton Athletic

Posting at 02.01 would suggest to some I should sort myself out, f*** 'em.

I have had a very nice evening with my beloved and I have got very emotional.

F*** you Dushitelet, I love Charlton Athletic Football Club and that will never go. We will never die, this is all an aberration.

Charlton Athletic Football Club, Floyd Road, Charlton, London, SE7 8BL.

Comments

• It's a fucking long-lasting aberration and the sooner it ends the better.
    I'd wish everyone a Happy New Year, but that possibly can't happen until the Belgian twat pisses off.
    I'd wish everyone a Happy New Year, but that possibly can't happen until the Belgian twat pisses off.

I do not speak for the masses BUT I believe that many fans are resigned to the fact that this individual is not going anywhere lively.

I do not speak for the masses BUT I believe that many fans are resigned to the fact that this individual is not going anywhere lively.
    Then I won't be going to The Valley, irrespective of anything else. Others can do what they like.
  • I hate to say it but I don't feel the same sadness when we lose but I also don't feel the same joy when we win.
    I fucking hate Duchatelet with a passion and all the time that he remains attached to our club I will feel the same and feel unable to support the team, however well they are doing on the pitch.

Then I won't be going to The Valley, irrespective of anything else. Others can do what they like.
    Ditto, the last home game I went to was the Swindon game 18 months ago and was absolutely gutted as I made my way off the pitch and done "Just sell the club" on the centre circle.

Money does not(always) bring happiness...................in the financial world.
  • I hate to say it but I don't feel the same sadness when we lose but I also don't feel the same joy when we win.
    I fucking hate Duchatelet with a passion and all the time that he remains attached to our club I will feel the same and feel unable to support the team, however well they are doing on the pitch.

Sums it up nicely for me.

Ditto, the last home game I went to was the Swindon game 18 months ago and was absolutely gutted as I made my way off the pitch and done "Just sell the club" on the centre circle.

Money does not(always) bring happiness...................in the financial world.
    His money could quite easily have brought us (and him) happiness, but he knew better. What a football visionary he has been proved to be.

His money could quite easily have brought us (and him) happiness, but he knew better. What a football visionary he has been proved to be.
    This is where the problem lies, the f****** apparantly allowing the spend of Teixeira on a (reportedly)12k a week when he was an unknown from div 2 Portugal, 30 years of age and given a 4 1/2 years contract, who could blame him ffs.
  • When you appoint muppets to run your business, that is the sort of shit that happens.
  • When you appoint muppets to run your business, that is the sort of shit that happens.

Karel Fraeye was the biggest insult thrown upon us....................................by an absolute mile.

Driessen was not good, to put it mildly.

As for squirrel face, words fail me.

Fraeye was on another level.
  • Sponsored links:

Karel Fraeye was the biggest insult thrown upon us....................................by an absolute mile.

Driessen was not good, to put it mildly.

As for squirrel face, words fail me.

Fraeye was on another level.
    They are all on another level.

When you are a billionaire why on earth would you trust people that have no previous experience in the industry.
    We have been a complete vanity project from the start and now that reality has set in he doesn't want to admit defeat. He would rather continue adding to the accumulated losses than accept a lower offer. The bloke is a fool, but he can afford to continue to be a fool without it hurting him too much.
  • edited January 2019

Posting at 02.01 would suggest to some I should sort myself out, f*** 'em.

F*** you Dushitelet, I love Charlton Athletic Football Club and that will never go. We will never die, this is all an aberration.

• The Samaritans
    362 New cross road
    London
    Se14 6ag

There's a bit in Johan Cruyff's book, My Turn, where he says all football decisions should be made by the manager and having recruitment managed by anybody else is a recipe for disaster, especially if they're a non-footballing person. So, who do you think has been proven to know best, TwoShits or Cruyff?
  • I think that it must be the case that we just cannot understand the brilliance of the visionary that is Dushitalot.

I can’t imagine not wanting Charlton to win (or being overjoyed that they have) with all my heart and soul. I would never boycott, but I respect those that have. That being said I would never allow some individual, temporary, owner to deny me my right as a Charlton fan born and bred to watch/support/enjoy the wins of my team.
  • We need to all re-claim our love for our beautiful beautiful football club.

We need to get angry again

We need to be proud again.

We need a high attendance for Sunderland on the 5th.

We need to f*ck them to death

Lee Bowyer's Red and white

Army!
  • lardiman said:

I hate to say it but I don't feel the same sadness when we lose but I also don't feel the same joy when we win.

I used to feel the same way.

But I have concluded now that nobody should influence my actions by making me feel a certain way and then act on how I am feeling.
    I cannot prevent RD from making me feel hostility towards him, but I can prevent that hostility from eroding my attachment to Charlton Athletic.

Traditionally I think Charlton fans have been pretty tolerant and patient when times are not good. If the manager (or head coach) and his players genuinely want to win games, what more can a fan ask during the 90 minutes?
    Of course the quality/ability of the manager and players can be debated and questioned, as can the decisions that led to those individuals being there on the day when the referee blows his whistle. The politics of ownership and management of the Club are important to many supporters.

But when that whistle blows it's the 11 men in Charlton shirts and their gaffer who are the only ones that matter.
    We fans can see which players are giving everything, we can judge the tactical decisions from the dug-out. We are there to watch them compete as best they can, and to fully experience their triumph or downfall at first hand. To support them when we feel able and to express our pride or anger when needed.

For a long time I thought that RD had taken the heart of that experience away from me by what he has done to the Club.
    But I understand now that he only changed the way I feel about my team because I let him.

We all want the best for CAFC but we are not glory hunters. Success is not the price for our support.
    Should we turn away from the 11 men who wear our badge because of the politics and the actions of an old man in another country who does not care and never did?
    Should we let him influence us that much?
    A question each of us has to answer for himself or herself.
    A very good post and I really wish that I could feel the same way. Unfortunately, I just can't detach the ownership from the team.
  • Because of Duchatelet it's easier not to go.
    Third tier football in front of small crowds most weeks in a stadium which is too big for us. Never the same team 2 weeks in a row because of injuries.
    Respect any one who started Boycotting in the Championship But for folk who started "Boycotting" in League 1 ?
    Our crowds went down to 6k at the Valley in the 70's under a shocking owner when we were relegated to the old third division.
    Was that a boycott as well ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nope. That was just down to apathy off the pitch, and lack of ambition on it.
  • Nope. That was just down to apathy off the pitch, and lack of ambition on it.

But still I regularly attended because it didn't matter to me which division we were in or how well we were doing because I still felt that my support mattered.
    Things are different now under this owner and so unnecessary.
  • Expect the worst and hope for the best !
  • LOVE CHARLTON WE LOVE CHARLTON..
  • edited January 2019
    Duchatelet is a deluded fool but gave long contracts to untried players yet wouldn't give Yann his 1k a week rise !

Michael Gliksten had zero ambition for Cafc and just let the ground and team stagnant while selling players to top tier clubs.

So no problem in going then but problems with the Shitweasel.

I can't really see the the difference between a deluded owner and a useless apathetic owner.

• Gliksten had little ambition but then didn't necessarily have the available funds to take us to a higher level. At least he knew how to run a club and the young players that we sold spent a couple of seasons playing for us before moving on. Gliksten or his appointees never went out of their way to alienate huge chunks of the fan base.
    Duchatelet and the vast majority of his appointments have been clueless and have made poor decision after poor decision from the word go, whilst wasting tens of millions of pounds. If he had appointed people that actually knew what they were doing and had spent some of that money properly then he could now be reaping the benefits of owning a Premier League club, which would be worth far more than the ridiculous amount that he appears to be holding out for now.
    I, therefore, see a huge difference.
  • Gliksten had little ambition but then didn't necessarily have the available funds to take us to a higher level. At least he knew how to run a club and the young players that we sold spent a couple of seasons playing for us before moving on. Gliksten or his appointees never went out of their way to alienate huge chunks of the fan base.
    Duchatelet and the vast majority of his appointments have been clueless and have made poor decision after poor decision from the word go, whilst wasting tens of millions of pounds. If he had appointed people that actually knew what they were doing and had spent some of that money properly then he could now be reaping the benefits of owning a Premier League club, which would be worth far more than the ridiculous amount that he appears to be holding out for now.
    I, therefore, see a huge difference.

Well said.

There has been a lot of money spent, enough to have allowed us get near the play offs in the Championship, and NOT relegation to the Third.
  • edited January 2019

lardiman said:

I hate to say it but I don't feel the same sadness when we lose but I also don't feel the same joy when we win.

I used to feel the same way.

But I have concluded now that nobody should influence my actions by making me feel a certain way and then act on how I am feeling.
    I cannot prevent RD from making me feel hostility towards him, but I can prevent that hostility from eroding my attachment to Charlton Athletic.

Traditionally I think Charlton fans have been pretty tolerant and patient when times are not good. If the manager (or head coach) and his players genuinely want to win games, what more can a fan ask during the 90 minutes?
    Of course the quality/ability of the manager and players can be debated and questioned, as can the decisions that led to those individuals being there on the day when the referee blows his whistle. The politics of ownership and management of the Club are important to many supporters.

But when that whistle blows it's the 11 men in Charlton shirts and their gaffer who are the only ones that matter.
    We fans can see which players are giving everything, we can judge the tactical decisions from the dug-out. We are there to watch them compete as best they can, and to fully experience their triumph or downfall at first hand. To support them when we feel able and to express our pride or anger when needed.

For a long time I thought that RD had taken the heart of that experience away from me by what he has done to the Club.
    But I understand now that he only changed the way I feel about my team because I let him.

We all want the best for CAFC but we are not glory hunters. Success is not the price for our support.
    Should we turn away from the 11 men who wear our badge because of the politics and the actions of an old man in another country who does not care and never did?
    Should we let him influence us that much?
    A question each of us has to answer for himself or herself.
    A very good post and I really wish that I could feel the same way. Unfortunately, I just can't detach the ownership from the team.
    You could feel the same way, but you choose not to.
    People (if not ill) can choose to try and make the best of things, in the limited time they have, being thankful that they are well enough to. Alternatively, they can choose to wallow in misery.
    Everyone should do as they please, but I agree with Lardiman.
    I can think of a few supporters, sadly departed in the last few years, who I'm sure would have loved to be there on Saturday. A bit deep I know, but 4/5 years punishment is more than enough I feel.
    Live your life while you can.
    Why let one old man living in Belgium control your thought process ?
  • Posting at 02.01 would suggest to some I should sort myself out, f*** 'em.

H

My wish for 2019 is that Lee trolls through CL picking out cries of passion - such as yours - pins them up in the dressing room - and says to the players

Come on guys. Go out and do it.

• I suppose I must, I know some have suffered a lot longer than I, but I started watching Charlton as a 6 year old during the season 1958 / 1959 meaning I’ve done 60 years. Started out like many others standing on that east terrace with my brother, being a true Charlton supporter we travelled by train from Dartford, just the two off us. Can’t remember what year but one of the first games I remember was a brilliant 0-0 draw with I think Southampton, loads of incidents with both teams hitting the post and bar.