Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Such a tiny head though.

Didn't we have to sell Button because we'd delayed paying Spurs for him and when the deadline came up we couldn't afford him?
  • Wonder save
  • Such a tiny head though.

Didn't we have to sell Button because we'd delayed paying Spurs for him and when the deadline came up we couldn't afford him?

I understood (from Prothero, as it happens, who did the deal) we didn't have to pay until the summer of 2013 and that was why we were able to sign him. Hence we sold him on at that stage.
  • Brentford slapped a 2million price tag on Button, sky sports say today. Good keeper
  • Redhenry said:

Brentford slapped a 2million price tag on Button, sky sports say today. Good keeper

Wow, how much did we get for him when we sold him?
  • I never rated him when he was with us - never felt safe. Clearly got that one wrong!
  • Think we couldn't afford to pay Spurs the latest instalment so sold him to Brentford. Jimenez era.
  • Sponsored links:

• I never rated him when he was with us - never felt safe. Clearly got that one wrong!

Dont worry I dont think a few of us rated him at the time
  • Brilliant save, but the initial punch is quite good as well, ball straight up in the air, gets over a crowd of players, gets heigh and distance.

I never feel we was save with Pope in goal! I don't know why though! He's a decent guy
  • He's done ok at Brentford....apart from dropping that cross at Harriot's feet for the winner last season.
  • David Button made his Premiership debut aged 29 when he kept a clean sheet for Brighton v Everton yesterday.

Started at Spurs, but never played for them, loaned out to 11 clubs before signing for us in 2012. He then moved on to Brentford and then Fulham. Button turned down other clubs when Brighton came calling. He knew that Brighton's number one would miss part of the season due to the Asian cup where Aussie Mat Ryan would attend.

Button says to play in the Premiership is a dream come true. I don't think anyone could begrudge him his moment of glory having worked so hard and so long to achieve it.

Not quite true to say he never played for Spurs.

It is true that he never appeared in the Premier League, but he did come on as a late sub against Doncaster in the League Cup.
  • edited December 2018
    My only memory of button was of him standing rooted to the floor while a millwall player put a 40yd free kick past him! Never moved even though there was only one place that ball was going! Good luck to him, but i cant forgive him I'm afraid...

If he'd just shuffled a couple if yards to the left he'd havd had that
  • YTS1978 said:

My only memory of button was of him standing rooted to the floor while a millwall player put a 40yd free kick past him! Never moved even though there was only one place that ball was going! Good luck to him, but i cant forgive him I'm afraid...

Shane Lowry. Great free kick but completely the keepers fault. He wasn't, however, rooted to the floor. His reactions were just awful.

Looked superb from behind the goal as it went in.

https://youtu.be/lt7X70XBFC4
  • Sponsored links:

• Haha...ill give you that BBW! Thanks for making me watch from a millwall perspective....happy new year!
  • YTS1978 said:

Shane Lowry. Great free kick but completely the keepers fault. He wasn't, however, rooted to the floor. His reactions were just awful.

Looked superb from behind the goal as it went in.

https://youtu.be/lt7X70XBFC4
    Jumping around like it’s your cup final.
    Every game is a cup final to little old us. Just ask every fan of the teams we play.

They all have this superiority complex, so it's nothing new to us :wink:
  • YTS1978 said:

Haha...ill give you that BBW! Thanks for making me watch from a millwall perspective....happy new year!

You too, @YTS1978
  • You wait another 50 years time when we next beat them and we have a mental loop like they did for their 1000th victory on the spin against us , they'll be sure to act surprised that it means so much to us !!
  • Who'd have thought Button and especially Etheridge would be playing in the prem.
  • His mother is a hospitality hostess at Barnsley FC.
    Not a lot of people know that.
  • His mother is a hospitality hostess at Barnsley FC.

You old smoothie Sound As :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

His mother is a hospitality hostess at Barnsley FC.

Met her there at the 0-6 game a few years back.

• RedChaser said:

I had to rough it in the away end that game :smiley:
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I had to rough it in the away end that game :smiley:
    Which I expect (knowing Oakwell), is in fact, pretty rough!