Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bros documentary

The Bros Documentary on BBC4 was comedy Gold - if you need cheering up give it a watch on IPlayer.

Comments

• Caught the back end of it, still seem both are troubled souls, especially Matt.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Caught the back end of it, still seem both are troubled souls, especially Matt.

I recorded it and haven't watched yet. The boys were totally ripped off. One example a tour that turned over £6M, they got £4k each.
  • Ferryman said:

Rob7Lee said:

I recorded it and haven't watched yet. The boys were totally ripped off. One example a tour that turned over £6M, they got £4k each.
    That's where they wrote the lyric "I owe you nothing", its what their management kept telling em when they asked for more
  • A fine selection of rock band t shirts on show by the bald one.
  • edited December 2018
    They’ll probably claim it’s the way it’s edited that makes it so hilarious but I don’t think it is.

It’s like an episode of the office.

I pulled a muscle in my side last week and this is not helping.
  • Yup - what a couple of needy bell ends
  • A fine selection of rock band t shirts on show by the bald one.

They’re both bald, only one admits to it.
    I do need to give this a watch though.....
  • The philosophical insights the brothers give in the documentary are brilliant and I doubt any comedy writer could have scripted this.
  • Ahh Bros, who 'wrote' the classic line "most of my friends were strangers, when I met them"

Lennon has no need to worry.
  • edited December 2018
    an old school friend of mine discovered and managed them for a time (as he did with the Pet Shop Boys and E17), I believe he's still living very comfortably from the royalties to this day .. Bros ?... made good pop records that reflected and suited the era in which they were discovered, polished/manufactured and performed
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:

Rob7Lee said:

Then they are clearly stupid twats
  • Pair of spoilt twats!
  • Can't believe one of them headlined at a non-descript Vegas hotel for a while this summer.
  • Can't believe one of them headlined at a non-descript Vegas hotel for a while this summer.

Non descript? It was Caesars Palace and He was brilliant
  • kimbo said:

Can't believe one of them headlined at a non-descript Vegas hotel for a while this summer.

Kimbo, Charlton life’s very own Brossette.
  • edited December 2018
    Craig Logan is the one who did well out of Bros.

They paid him off for £1m to continue as a duo and he used that money to build a studio and became a very in demand producer. Think he went out with or married whichever one of Mel & Kim didn't die, and became a big cheese at EMI or SONY
  • MrOneLung said:

Craig Logan is the one who did well out of Bros.

They paid him off for £1m to continue as a duo and he used that money to build a studio and became a very in demand producer. Think he went out with or married whichever one of Mel & Kim didn't die, and became a big cheese at EMI or SONY

RIP Mel
  • It is repeated on BBC4 on January 1st 01.10-02.40 .
  • Sponsored links:

• It is quality, can’t believe Gervais had nothing to do with it :open_mouth:
  • kimbo said:

Can't believe one of them headlined at a non-descript Vegas hotel for a while this summer.

Be fair Caesars palace is tucked away.
  • Just watched it. Can't believe it's a serious documentary. It has some unintentially funny moments in it & they come across as having really shitty attitudes, especially Matt
  • edited December 2018
    Really skin crawling documentary. Totally enjoyable but how can you have a documentary about a band without mentioning the third member ?
  • They came across as nice guys who went through the mill, to me

Impressive how they both went on to rebuild themselves professionally afterwards

Much of the unintentional comedy is in the first few minutes, where the editing did very well to accentuate some real David Brentesque monologues from each of them

Very enjoyable watch for all sorts of different reasons
  • i haven't seen it but cant help but be reminded of this

https://youtu.be/n1zJmqqhjEk
  • The brothers were actually originally in a rockier image band called Gloss.
    there is picture somewhere of them with long hair.
  • kimbo said:

Yeah, but it's hardly Travel lodge, Milton Keynes. ;)