Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 2-0 Gillingham

many thanks to the 67 Lifers who gave marks and festive felicitations to all who mark and read the stats, here's to a fantastic 2019

Comments

• Steer getting less than 6 because he shanked a couple of kicks and got fouled trying to catch a cross is a weird one
  • ross1 said:

Go on LL, I know you do not want to, but you should put Ajose at the top of assists :smiley:

see what I can do after Boxing Day :wink:
  • Leuth said:

Steer getting less than 6 because he shanked a couple of kicks and got fouled trying to catch a cross is a weird one

He also nearly got caught in the second half dallying on the ball
  • Feel like steer got a caning purely for not being tested.

Leuth said:

Steer getting less than 6 because he shanked a couple of kicks and got fouled trying to catch a cross is a weird one

He also nearly got caught in the second half dallying on the ball
    Nearly isn't a thing in that respect... He either did or didn't get caught.
  • Steer gets 5.85 vs Gillingham

Phillips gets 5.87 vs Sunderland

Does anyone need me to elaborate on this?

Yes please. I have no idea what your point is.

Two different players played two different games a few months apart and got similar scores?

Two different players played two different games a few months apart and got similar scores?
    Okay to keep it simple.

Steer keeps a clean sheet though not his greatest game in terms of distribution. Yet his performance average is less than Phillips at Sunderland where he did okay to be fair but concedes a soft goal which blows the lead and we go on to lose the game.

I don't see how the Phillips performance at Sunderland was any better than Steer on Saturday but that's what the ratings say.
  • .02 difference is hardly better. Anyway to compare a score against Sunderland who were pressing with a poor Gillingham side who caused little threat is not relevant. You can only judge on what they had to do. Steer had little to do but what he did wasn't at his best and below average imo. He has been playing well but Saturday was below par.

Steer did keep a clean sheet against Gillingham whereas a few people blamed Phillips for the goals at Sunderland
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done Tariqe.

I'm continuing to be impressed by Bielik.
  • Leuth said:

Some posters give the impression that they mark a player based on the couple of things they don't think he did well in a game.

Why not mark a player based on all the things he did right?

• Leuth said:

I mean, I rate him on what he had to do. Didn't have really any tough saves to make so therefore all I saw was his poor distribution. What else was there to rate him on?
  • Rossman92 said:

Leuth said:

I mean, I rate him on what he had to do. Didn't have really any tough saves to make so therefore all I saw was his poor distribution. What else was there to rate him on?
    The fact that apart from his kicking and his fumble of the cross early on, (although he was elbowed in the ribs and the ref should have given a foul), he didn't make a mistake and kept a clean sheet.

A decent display and worth an average 6 surely ?
  • There were times last season when Ben Amos only got as an average of 6.5 and yet he was perfect in the few things he did in a match. I tend to give a keeper 7 on a quiet game unless like Steer on Saturday he was below par. (He got hit with 2 challenges TBF)
    Having said that Jed has been eccellent this season and his performances so far has emulated Amos.

He kept a clean sheet against the travellers so no harm done.