Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland on Talksport

Just been mentioned on Facebook that Roland is about to be on Talksport, I can't listen.
If anybody can please let us know what is said.

Comments

• Will do. Listening now
  • Roland on Talkshite, now that's kismet!
  • Wishing everyone a happy new year and merry Xmas
  • Jim White - are you closer to selling

Roland - still going on, not handling myself. Buyer still keen.
  • Roland - talking about purchasing price and operating costs. Land we own and the stadium. He attaches the value of a house in Kensington to that. Says operational costs are prob for buyer
  • He sounds like he has a South African accent.

And still talking bollox. It's all the protesters fault.
  • Talking utter rubbish
  • What a wanker don't sound too good tbh
  • Hats off to jim though
  • Sponsored links:

• Cost cutting measures now. Operating loss being reduced by selling players. Biggest prob, how well will the buyer be able to fix that

Jim White - as fans, he’s responsible, to sell

Roland - whinging about protestors not understanding that he’s trying to sell and they don’t help this
  • He sounds like he has a South African accent.

And still talking bollox. It's all the protesters fault.

Yep he is talking absoulte bollox , fucking house in Kensington WTF!
  • Blah blah blah,still blaming the protesters. What protests have affected the sale this season then Douche?
  • Jim White doing pretty well to be fair.
  • Maybe taken over in January,he hopes. Not guaranteeing he wont sell players
  • A few comments from roland:-

Not about money. Reasonably well managed given the circumstances. When buyer buys club, he needs financial ability to run the club.

Yes, i have affection for Charlton. No problem in general with fans. Done a bad job in giving information out at time. But now past point of no return. Club needs to be sold, Will still sell if we get promotion.

Protests haven't helped getting managers.

Busy with many other things to come. Not a big issue. want fans to have nice time at the Valley.

Not sure about selling players in January. Question is will I be in charge then?

Christmas time of peace and most important thing to enjoy life.
  • Bet he bloody well does know if players will be sold or not
  • I’ll leave this up a sticky for a bit but not the most exciting interview or enlightening

Fair play to JW for following through
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks guys, guessed it would be the usual sh*t but we live in hope
  • cabbles said:

Roland - talking about purchasing price and operating costs. Land we own and the stadium. He attaches the value of a house in Kensington to that. Says operational costs are prob for buyer

Must be part of Kensington Palace, for the amount he is reputed to be asking!
  • Boxing Day trip to Sint Truiden to enjoy a bit of post-Christmas cheer? Wish I could
  • Roland if you don't want any protests, just sell the club . simples!!
  • Yep, the most alarming thing about that was how he skirted around the player sales in Jan. I would say the only thing we’ve got in our favour is Aribo only has 6 months to run on his contract and clubs would prob only offer half a mill maybe. Most would prob go for a pre-contract and leave for free at the end of the season.

Personally don’t see anyone coming for Taylor now, more likely in the summer. After that, who can he sell that would command a decent fee?
  • cabbles said:

Yep, the most alarming thing about that was how he skirted around the player sales in Jan. I would say the only thing we’ve got in our favour is Aribo only has 6 months to run on his contract and clubs would prob only offer half a mill maybe. Most would prob go for a pre-contract and leave for free at the end of the season.

Personally don’t see anyone coming for Taylor now, more likely in the summer. After that, who can he sell that would command a decent fee?

Most of the squad are out of contract in the summer or here on loan.

Here’s the contract position looked at the end of August:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/83058/updated-squad-list-31-august-2018

Page has signed a new contract but I’m not sure anyone else has yet.