Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year

So who do you want to win / think will win?

Dina Asher Smith is a big favourite of mine but can’t see her winning

Comments

• Jimmy Anderson
    Dina Asher-Smith
    Lewis Hamilton
    Harry Kane
    Geraint Thomas
    Lizzy Yarnold
  • Anyone but Lewis
  • Anyone but Lewis

Why’s that? Not that I think he should / will win but he comes across articulately, is one of our true global sports superstars, and when you listen to him is always humble with his achievements. He gets a lot of unjustified press imo
  • a couple of years too early for Dina, I'd love to see G win it but think it'll go to Kane
  • Kane. Golden Boot winner in the best sporting competition in the world.
  • It’s a poor year . I would love to see Anderson win it maybe even Kane but please not Hamilton
  • Wish we could vote for lineker
  • edited December 2018
    People on twitter trying including eurosport trying to get Ronnie to win because he won his 7th uk title

Its Sports Personality of the Year not Sport Personality of your career, if he had won all 3 majors then maybe he would deserve it, but i dont see how someone who in the 3 majors in a calender year finished

Masters-Quarter Final
    World Championship-2nd round
    Uk Championship-winner
    Currently ranked world number 3.

Others years there may have been a shout for it but they way its been pushed around this last week makes no sense to me

Edit-Just seen he didnt make the list haha good
  • Blimey Barry Davies is looking old now!
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s got to be Kane
  • Good to see such celebrations of England making a semi final. Gawd knows what would happen if we ever won anything. Hope they don’t get the team award. Should go to a team that actually won something.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Blimey Barry Davies is looking old now!

To be fair to him It's probably difficult to look too young when you're 81.
  • Cant help but love Southgate for the way he spoke then
  • Has to be Lewis Hamilton.
  • People on twitter trying including eurosport trying to get Ronnie to win because he won his 7th uk title

this sort of thing is why they decided to not announce the shortlist until tonight
  • Views on new format?

First thoughts are it makes it more of an event.
  • Anyone but Lewis

Fuck off!!!

• Thomas will win
  • Sponsored links:

• I just can’t stomach it going to the bloke who wins because he has the best car but that’s more to do with the fundamentals of the sport than anything Hamilton’s done wrong.
  • I just can’t stomach it going to the bloke who wins because he has the best car but that’s more to do with the fundamentals of the sport than anything Hamilton’s done wrong.

Wasn’t the best car
  • So pleased for Billy Monger - a truly inspirational individual.
  • edited December 2018
    Voted for Thomas

Got a feeling a lot of Spurs fans could combine and get the votes for Harry Kane like the Man Utd ones did for Giggs to win it though that year
  • Voted for Thomas

Got a feeling a lot of Spurs fans could combine and get the votes for Harry Kane like the Man Utd ones did for Giggs to win it though that year

Thomas is a gooner.
  • Voted for Thomas also
  • Dreadful programme. Can’t watch it now. Used to love it. Switched off after they cut young Billy off.
  • No mention of Darren Pitcher on that montage

Shame!!