Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

🎬 CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2018 🎄

edited December 2018 in Not Sports Related
SUNDAY 16TH OF DECEMBER

Clipart

4.00PM - ITV2 - Despicable Me

6.00PM - ITV - Elf

8.00PM - BBC2 - Brooklyn

9.00PM - ITV4 - The Outlaw Josey Wales

9.00PM - 5SPIKE - U-571

11.20PM - BBC2 - George Best: All By Himself - (RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY)

Comments

• Ban emojis in title threads
  • Good to see this again
  • Nice one Bedsaddick - always guaranteed to find something to watch/record/download from this thread.
  • Cheers Beds
  • SUNDAY 16TH OF DECEMBER

Clipart

9.00PM - 5SPIKE - U-571

Americans re-write history. It's amazing how they did everything to win the war, even the stuff before December 7th, 1941. Not your faults, beds, but not for me.
  • Re Brooklyn, I'd completely forgotten about this. I think Saoirse Ronan is one of the finest young actors around so I'll probably give this a go.
  • Re Brooklyn, I'd completely forgotten about this. I think Saoirse Ronan is one of the finest young actors around so I'll probably give this a go.

The book is better.
  • Sponsored links:

• SUNDAY 16TH OF DECEMBER

Clipart

9.00PM - 5SPIKE - U-571

Americans re-write history. It's amazing how they did everything to win the war, even the stuff before December 7th, 1941. Not your faults, beds, but not for me.
    I forget about that aspect of the film. You’re right . Having said that it’s still an entertaining movie.
  • edited December 2018
    Yay, nice one @Bedsaddick

Doubt I’ll get to watch ANY of them as I have zero control over the telly, but I always love this thread

• Jingle All The Way today at 15:40 on Channel 4.
  • Huzzah it's back! Thanks for doing it again. @Bedsaddick
  • For those of you that have Netflix, the film ‘Christmas Chronicles’ is pretty good for a Christmas film

It's a nice film. I downloaded and watched it when it was released on DVD and remember it was quite touching. Ronan is such a beautiful and lovable girl. It's funny I really disliked her character in Atonement but she looks so different these days. And a very good actress too.
  • Yay, love this thread!

Elf is the best by a mile today. Anyone who doesn't agree is a cotton-headed ninnymuggins.
  • Been looking forward to this thread, proper Xmas!
  • Box of Delights** came up on my YouTube last night, talk about going straight back to my childhood

Queue Mehmet ; )
  • Ross said:

Jingle All The Way today at 15:40 on Channel 4.

Best of the lot by a mile.
  • Sponsored links:

It's a nice film. I downloaded and watched it when it was released on DVD and remember it was quite touching. Ronan is such a beautiful and lovable girl. It's funny I really disliked her character in Atonement but she looks so different these days. And a very good actress too.
    Atonement - What a fantastic film.
  • What’s Brooklyn about?
  • What’s Brooklyn about?

It’s about an Irish immigrant who goes to New York in the 50’s and gets in a relationship with an Italian American but things go a bit pear shaped .
  • What’s Brooklyn about?

It's about growing up as the son of a famous footballer.

• What’s Brooklyn about?

It’s about an Irish immigrant who goes to New York in the 50’s and gets in a relationship with an Italian American but things go a bit pear shaped .
    It’s an excellent film
  • Elf my favourite Christmas film, lights off, a nice bottle of red, I love Christmas
  • Nice one Beds... I ain't got no mates so Christmas is in front of the tele.

Film is excellent .
  • Elf my favourite Christmas film, lights off, a nice bottle of red, I love Christmas

Elf is hilarious, definitely one for all the family. Good to see James Caan.
  • Solidgone said:

Re Brooklyn, I'd completely forgotten about this. I think Saoirse Ronan is one of the finest young actors around so I'll probably give this a go.

The book is better.
    I suggested to Ms AA that we watch this but she'd seen it at the flicks when it came out. In a way, she agrees with you. She said the book was bad but the film was terrible.