Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Lapslie

Comments

• Smacks of his agent trying to get him a better contract
  • Redhenry said:

Smacks of his agent trying to get him a better contract

What does?
  • edited December 2018

very soon we'll be calling him the white Kanté

Or just the next Kanté
  • If the squad was fully fit George would not get so much game time. Seeing him is some compensation for the injuries.
  • Redhenry said:

Smacks of his agent trying to get him a better contract

A keen, young midfielder learning the game couldn't ask for a much better teacher than Lee Bowyer.

Might just be enough to keep him at the Club for another year.
  • Not playing today, out with mild concussion
  • seth plum said:

With the contribution George makes he reminds me of Keith Jones but harder working.
    I think he is a team mates dream.

Providing he stays positionally disciplined.

George is a work in progress but needs more experience.
    And the only way to get experience is to play.

• I can't believe some of the doubt about George. He's played about 10 games and some people criticise him for his decision making. Haven't I heard recent things about Aribo? Sometimes George almost seems to be trying too hard to me. I would be disappointed if he doesn't make it as a very decent player. Championship quality and hopefully that i with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

If the squad was fully fit George would not get so much game time. Seeing him is some compensation for the injuries.

Really ?

If the squad was fully fit, then, not only would that be a miracle & highly unlikely, but Bow would undoubtedly rotate players to keep the team fresh & to counter the strengths of the opposition.

If that was the case, young George would be a very valuable member of that squad IMO with his energy, total commitment & certainly no lack of skill on the ball.

Maybe I 'm wearing rose tinted specs but I believe that the management rate this young man pretty highly & I would agree.

Perhaps he has performed especially well in away matches that you may have missed ....
  • I rate him very highly too.
  • seth plum said:

Has he got a song yet?

Er, not very original.....

Lappo, lappo.

Sounds like he's one of the cast of Watershed Down.
  • seth plum said:

Has he got a song yet?

He's blonde
    He's ace
    He saves goals with he's face
    George Laplslie George Laplslie.
    WOW !

Loving that, JC !

Would love to hear it tomorrow afternoon , if he's playing.

( But it's "with HIS face")
    True, but they're homophones in SE London so nobody will know we're singing "he's" instead of "his".
  • seth plum said:

If the squad was fully fit George would not get so much game time. Seeing him is some compensation for the injuries.

Really ?

If the squad was fully fit, then, not only would that be a miracle & highly unlikely, but Bow would undoubtedly rotate players to keep the team fresh & to counter the strengths of the opposition.

If that was the case, young George would be a very valuable member of that squad IMO with his energy, total commitment & certainly no lack of skill on the ball.

Maybe I 'm wearing rose tinted specs but I believe that the management rate this young man pretty highly & I would agree.

Perhaps he has performed especially well in away matches that you may have missed ....
    If any two of Cullen, JFC and Pratley were fit they would all have been ahead of Lapslie. He'dve got chances in the cup and might well have broken through but hes done well to seize a lucky opportunity IMO
  • Cullen wouldn’t be here if JFC was fit. At his age Pratley was unlikely to play every game. And with our injury record over the last few seasons a few youngsters were always going to get a chance.

Agree he wouldn’t be first choice if everyone was available. He might not even make the bench.
  • thenewbie said:

seth plum said:

Really ?

If any two of Cullen, JFC and Pratley were fit they would all have been ahead of Lapslie. He'dve got chances in the cup and might well have broken through but hes done well to seize a lucky opportunity IMO
    So much of life is about being in the right place at the right time and taking advantage of opportunities that arise.

Lapslie sure did that last Tuesday when he put in an absolutely outstanding performance. If he can reproduce that sort of performance on a regular basis he will soon be a regular starter in the team.
  • What was the song sung for him yesterday?
  • Get the kid back. In what world is Dobson better than Lapslie? 
    In a world where Lapslie can’t get a start in League Two…
  • Sponsored links:

Mansfield are better than us. It's a reletive brother. 

• We miss his energy, work rate and tackling.
  • Dobson has a touch of the Lapslie to him. Headless chickens both, but at least Lapslie carries a goal threat 
    U mad, I’d take Lapslie over Dobson 6 days a week and twice on Sunday. 
    U mad, I’d take Lapslie over Dobson 6 days a week and twice on Sunday. 
    Dobson's second touch is a foul pretty much every time.
  • Lapslie, Wiredu, Cousins, Kinsella, Peacock... It doesn't matter. We need to move away from worrying about old players or thinking they could return. The only ones that were ever good enough are now old men, or dead. We need new blood. New blood that is young, skilful, energetic and injury free.  We need to look beyond the familiar.
  • Watching Salford v Mansfield on Sky.  George is very busy up and down the pitch 
  • Stig said:
    Lapslie, Wiredu, Cousins, Kinsella, Peacock... It doesn't matter. We need to move away from worrying about old players or thinking they could return. The only ones that were ever good enough are now old men, or dead. We need new blood. New blood that is young, skilful, energetic and injury free.  We need to look beyond the familiar.
    Although, to be fair, that would be a pretty strong midfield five.  Even next season.