Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunderland home game confirmed for 5th Jan

Due to the being knocked out the cup.

Likely to be biggest home crowd of season so far?

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Depends how many stands we give them given that the East and West are home areas. :wink: . Now if the old scrote has sold up by then no doubt about it!
  • I can't see Bowyer and Jackson standing for Sunderland being given extra. They know how much our team enjoy noisy support from us.
  • please do not give any extra - i enjoy seeing teams like sunderlands away following as it is pretty epic would say there are about 10-12 clubs that sell out most away ends, the only thing is i do not see how they afford it, sunderland havent got many local games so they must spend a fortune on trains etc
  • edited December 2018

I can't see Bowyer and Jackson standing for Sunderland being given extra. They know how much our team enjoy noisy support from us.

Maybe but this is the Douchbag's club and like the Oystons (apparently 7,500 away tickets available for the Black Cats) he treats every pound as a prisoner.
  • RedChaser said:

I can't see Bowyer and Jackson standing for Sunderland being given extra. They know how much our team enjoy noisy support from us.

Maybe but this is the Douchbag's club and like the Oystons (apparently 7,500 away available for the Black Cats) tickets he treats every pound as a prisoner.
    only thing is it is double the distance and just after xmas
  • edited December 2018

RedChaser said:

Maybe but this is the Douchbag's club and like the Oystons (apparently 7,500 away available for the Black Cats) tickets he treats every pound as a prisoner.
    only thing is it is double the distance and just after xmas
    True but they're a very passionate fan base with a London & South East branch (500ish) and a trip to the capital with the New Year sales on plus Xmas lights will have its attractions.
  • Roland sells on Christmas Eve.....new owners splash a bit of cash on 1 January... there’s a mad rush at the ticket office (now open to fans everyday).. a 20000+ crowd watches us beat the Makems 3-0. The merriest of Christmases and the happiest new year. Or alternatively........

Alternatively, Aribo is sold on 1st Jan. Steer recalled. We name 5 subs, go 1–0 up through a penalty and ultimately lose 2-1 after a shocking referee decision.

That kind of alternative?
  • andyg90 said:

Roland sells on Christmas Eve.....new owners splash a bit of cash on 1 January... there’s a mad rush at the ticket office (now open to fans everyday).. a 20000+ crowd watches us beat the Makems 3-0. The merriest of Christmases and the happiest new year. Or alternatively........

Alternatively, Aribo is sold on 1st Jan. Steer recalled. We name 5 subs, go 1–0 up through a penalty and ultimately lose 2-1 after a shocking referee decision.

Sounds about right to me.

• Sponsored links:

• andyg90 said:

Roland sells on Christmas Eve.....new owners splash a bit of cash on 1 January... there’s a mad rush at the ticket office (now open to fans everyday).. a 20000+ crowd watches us beat the Makems 3-0. The merriest of Christmases and the happiest new year. Or alternatively........

Yes. Dillon Phillips would probably get injured as well

• No chance this might get moved for tele? With sky sports not having any rights to the FA cup games?

That’s a good shout. I wonder if they have their TV schedule set already or not?
  • please do not give any extra - i enjoy seeing teams like sunderlands away following as it is pretty epic would say there are about 10-12 clubs that sell out most away ends, the only thing is i do not see how they afford it, sunderland havent got many local games so they must spend a fortune on trains etc

I mentioned this before when we played Plymouth at home.
    When you can buy a 3 bed home for £100000 and wages might not be as bad as you think up there say £40000 between the pair of you , you probably have a bit of spare cash to go football.
  • Wasn’t this confirmed on Tuesday night??
  • Ps can you put a block on oggy reading my last post
  • JaShea99 said:

Wasn’t this confirmed on Tuesday night??

AFKA likes to start new threads
  • Sky have no games scheduled for that weekend at the moment.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Sky have no games scheduled for that weekend at the moment.

As it's Sunderland it'll be moved to 10am or 8pm
  • Looking forward to this, hope a bumper crowd shows up, they’ll sell out no problem, think it could reached the 15k mark if we have a good Xmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

please do not give any extra - i enjoy seeing teams like sunderlands away following as it is pretty epic would say there are about 10-12 clubs that sell out most away ends, the only thing is i do not see how they afford it, sunderland havent got many local games so they must spend a fortune on trains etc

I mentioned this before when we played Plymouth at home.
    When you can buy a 3 bed home for £100000 and wages might not be as bad as you think up there say £40000 between the pair of you , you probably have a bit of spare cash to go football.
    Isn’t it also the case that whereas there isn’t a government subsidy for train fares in the south, there is in the north ?
  • edited December 2018

Looking forward to this, hope a bumper crowd shows up, they’ll sell out no problem, think it could reached the 15k mark if we have a good Xmas.

Do you mean if you get all the presents you asked for in your letter to Santa or that Charlton win all the matches before the Sunderland match?
  • Solidgone said:

Looking forward to this, hope a bumper crowd shows up, they’ll sell out no problem, think it could reached the 15k mark if we have a good Xmas.

Do you mean if you get all the presents you asked for in your letter to Santa or that Charlton win all the matches before the Sunderland match?
    Both are unlikely seen as I have a little one now and charlton are crap in December, so either will do.
  • Due to the being knocked out the cup.

Likely to be biggest home crowd of season so far?

Our fans are getting very fickle and the size of the attendance will surely depend on results up to Jan 5th .. I've had my hotel booked for months and bought a ticket online this morning. I am REALLY looking forward to this one and the start of a momentous new year, one way or another

• Sunderland have been allocated 2,860 tickets for the game. Is that even the full away end???
  • Was talking to a Sunderland fan at work yesterday and he said that Newcastle had requested 11k tickets to watch their under 21's in the EFL game at the SOL next month. The old bill intervened and they've ended up with 3k.
  • Was talking to a Sunderland fan at work yesterday and he said that Newcastle had requested 11k tickets to watch their under 21's in the EFL game at the SOL next month. The old bill intervened and they've ended up with 3k.

Surprised they've been given that much after you had the 4,000 Stoke fans @ Port Vale the other week

Wonder how many will try to get into the home ends
  • This will be my first game of the season. A good friend's hubby is a Sunderland fan so she's taking the opportunity to sit with fellow Southerners for a change instead of being stuck in the away end.

11k! Think he's stretching the truth a bit there.

Newcastle United have received an allocation of just 2,800 tickets for their under-21's Checkatrade Trophy derby clash as Sunderland.

The Checkatrade Trophy rules say that away clubs are entitled to 10% of a stadium’s capacity.

For this match it should have meant at least 4,900 tickets for Newcastle fans.

However, after Newcastle asked for that full allocation, Sunderland Director Charlie Methven revealed they were trying to deny their local rivals the full allocation.

Many Newcastle United fans are going to be unhappy as Sunderland have restricted the Magpies to only 2,800 tickets, which is even less than you would be entitled to (minimum 3,000) if it had been a Premier League game.

The rivals will clash in the last 16 of the competition on January 8 at the Stadium of Light.
  • Sunderland have been allocated 2,860 tickets for the game. Is that even the full away end???

Strange that the number is a few hundred below the capacity of the stand, police intervention?