Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth v Charlton | Tue 11 Dec | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Going expecting nothing, so anything more than that will be a bonus!
  • What’s the deal with Portsmouth anyway? Did they significantly improve their squad over the summer?
  • I have a feeling we'll win this one
  • No confidence with this one - I expect a comfortable Pompey win by at least a couple of goals.
  • What’s the deal with Portsmouth anyway? Did they significantly improve their squad over the summer?

bit like Shrewsbury last year .. group of players under good management who have just (cliché time) gelled .. AND, very importantly, have a big crowd right behind them .. success breeds success
  • First I see this post:

I have a feeling we'll win this one

Followed straightaway by this one:
    bobmunro said:

No confidence with this one - I expect a comfortable Pompey win by at least a couple of goals.

Opinions, eh? Proper Charlton Life! :smile:

• Got a horrible feeling this game will really show up our weakness in the depth of the squad. 4-0 home win. However, don't see us going into a tailspin following a defeat against the "best" side in the league.

They got in a couple of decent strikers amongst others.
    Ronan Curtis displacing Brett Pitman, meaning the top scorer in the league last season, can't even make the side.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-portsmouth/transfers/verein/1020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers
  • I'm hoping Sarr plays left back - set pieces may be our best chance and would be good to have Pearce, Bielik, Bauer, Sarr and Taylor up for them!
  • edited December 2018
    Mind you, if we are confident we will lose, can't we postpone the game? What's good for the PM should be good for us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Hard to see us getting anything tonight. 2-0 Pompey
  • If Portsmouth score first, especially in the opening quarter, we will be soundly beaten.
    If somehow we can open the scoring it will be a respectable game, but we would still be vulnerable.
    My tactic tonight would be to win the toss and invite Portsmouth to kick the 'wrong' way for them.
  • Pico said:

Just setting off.
    Going with someone who hasn't seen us win away for 7 years.
    Why am I doing this ?

More to the point, why is he doing this?

• 1-2 win i predict/hope. Taylor and a defender to score a bullet header winner!
  • addick05 said:

Pico said:

Just setting off.
    Going with someone who hasn't seen us win away for 7 years.
    Why am I doing this ?

More to the point, why is he doing this?

while there is life .. there is always hope
  • Your thank me later
    Charlton 4+ goals 50/1
  • edited December 2018
    seth plum said:

If Portsmouth score first, especially in the opening quarter, we will be soundly beaten.
    If somehow we can open the scoring it will be a respectable game, but we would still be vulnerable.
    My tactic tonight would be to win the toss and invite Portsmouth to kick the 'wrong' way for them.

Sadly, we all know they will come out firing. The key is whether we can keep them out as we claw our way back in.
  • its a bit like going to The Den - you are not going to get your share of the the refs decisions.
    Expect to concede a penalty and receive a Red card - but fancy us for a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2018
    Sorry, my keyboard and mouse has locked up. I have borrowed this laptop to inform you in the hope someone else can do the matchday thread
  • ross1 said:

Sorry, my keyboard and mouse has locked up. I have borrowed this laptop to inform you in the hope someone else can do the matchday thread

?
  • I understand Pompey this season are a 'big, physical side'. so expect to see Saar in at LB where he should been on Saturday imo.
    Surely caution is required given we are second favorites, so i would like to see 2 defensive mids - Bielik and Dijk.

Fosu and Reeves have become luxury players with no end product at the moment imo. would like to see this line up

Steer

Solly Bauer Pearce Saar

Dijk Bielik Marshall/Lapslie

Aribo

Taylor Grant

Reported on sky sports- Ward is being 'monitored' regarding today's game. Hope so but cant see it myself.
    Fingers crossed but hoping for a draw at best.

Agree with this. Need to have Naby at left back and try/play Dijksteel in his natural position.
  • Very tough game. Go out for a win but will take a point
  • I hope we really have a go at them from the off. Taylor due a goal.
  • 1-4 cafc
  • Very tough game. Go out for a win but will take a point

I reckon that's exactly what Bowyer is thinking.
  • ross1 said:

If it's a laptop take the battery out & put straight back in.
    If it's a PC, unplug it and start it up again.
  • ross1 said:

That's a bit too technical, Covered End.

• ross1 said:

Thanks, been there, done that, its wireless
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!