Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Raheem Sterling

Comments

• Bringing the blo

just out of interest why is this chaps home and family detailed in a paper yet other racist scum like anjej choudary protected?, nonces aswell for that matter.

as what about vigilante attacks etc, detailing his kids and wifes names are also a bit ott imo.

I agree, that seemed well over the top but this is the Daily Mail we're talking about.
    the name of the guy - fair cop but a photo of his house, and wife and kids 1st and last names - way out of line, imagine if his kids go to school with any ethnic minority kids - could be v dangerous

and strictly speaking he hasn't actually been charged with anything yet - he is currently accused.
    Agree completely. His innocent family are not fair game.
    could maybe understand if his kids were standing next to him but they wasn't, so the mail can fuck off, this is a short while after they were putting drones over the houses of some sick fucks that made a effigy of grenfell, each to there own but who really wants to see the garden - they would like the people appropriately punished.
    Not to mention they've probably been one of the worst to constantly berate Sterling for his attitude outside of Football
  • Bringing the blo

just out of interest why is this chaps home and family detailed in a paper yet other racist scum like anjej choudary protected?, nonces aswell for that matter.

as what about vigilante attacks etc, detailing his kids and wifes names are also a bit ott imo.

I agree, that seemed well over the top but this is the Daily Mail we're talking about.
    the name of the guy - fair cop but a photo of his house, and wife and kids 1st and last names - way out of line, imagine if his kids go to school with any ethnic minority kids - could be v dangerous

and strictly speaking he hasn't actually been charged with anything yet - he is currently accused.
    Agree completely. His innocent family are not fair game.
    Ah, but the trouble is once you take the stopper out of the bottle.....and that's what The Mail have done.

• Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be interesting to get the 'expert' lip readers to check out what the other 20 or so morons surrounding the accused are also mouthing?
  • Stan Collymore rang LBC yesterday to have his say as he does with such issues.

He said the likes of Lukaku gets called lazy because he is black. And that black players like Lukaku get called “beasts” if they’re big and strong whereas John terry gets called a “unit” and not compared to a creature.

Surely this is too far, I mean he spoke of subconscious racism regarding the above, as in its said harmlessly without thought. But I mean I think we all recognise Kante as the least lazy player in the league right? And I’m pretty sure I’ve called Jason Pearce a beast when he’s followed through in a challenge.

Things can’t be THIS bad right or am I missing something?
  • I bet he was one of those Chelsea bastards that set fire to The Valley in 1975/6ish.

I don't think you're allowed to say Chelsea bastards nowadays.
    I was being polite :smile:
  • Stan Collymore rang LBC yesterday to have his say as he does with such issues.

He said the likes of Lukaku gets called lazy because he is black. And that black players like Lukaku get called “beasts” if they’re big and strong whereas John terry gets called a “unit” and not compared to a creature.

Surely this is too far, I mean he spoke of subconscious racism regarding the above, as in its said harmlessly without thought. But I mean I think we all recognise Kante as the least lazy player in the league right? And I’m pretty sure I’ve called Jason Pearce a beast when he’s followed through in a challenge.

Collymore has a point. I mean no white players have been called the beast have they ? :smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Parkin

We all know that a certain level of racism exists in football as it does in society as a whole. It needs sorting out.

These days Collymore only seems to exist in order to push any agenda that gives him more air time. He is a self publicist of the highest order. He seems desperate to find racism in anything and his constant chirping it divides as much as it unites.

He wants greater representation of BAME people in the media......but only if they are his approved type of BAME candidate.

The last person I heard called beast was that useless fat white lummocks Jon Parkin.

John Terry just got called a scumbag usually as far as I can tell.
  • Collymore is an opportunist prick and loves this sort of stuff cos it gives him an excuse to remain relevant. I think many ex pros find him a joke.
  • Sponsored links:

dirty bastard
  • Collymore is an opportunist prick and loves this sort of stuff cos it gives him an excuse to remain relevant. I think many ex pros find him a joke.

On his Twitter feed this afternoon he is showing a newspaper cutting from 1987 to prove the ongoing racism in the press.

It is from the Sun - but even so I’m sure that he’d struggle to find something similarly offensive from the last few years.

• Trevor Sinclair, still employed by the oh so PC BBC .. taken from wiki ..

In 1998, Sinclair was convicted of causing criminal damage to a car, following a night of drinking in an Essex nightclub.[22]
    He lives on the Fylde coast and is a supporter of his previous clubs, West Ham, Manchester City, Blackpool and QPR. In February 2015 he revealed that three of his children had joined Blackpool's academy.[23] In November, 2017 Sinclair was arrested on suspicion of drink driving, common assault and criminal damage after a woman was hit by a car in Lytham St Anne's.[24]
    On 2 January 2018, Sinclair was convicted of drink driving and racially abusing a police officer by calling him a 'white cunt'.[25] He was sentenced to 150 hours of unpaid work, disqualified from driving for 20 months and ordered to pay £500 compensation to the abused police officer.[26]
  • Wasn't Adams of Arsenal always called a donkey ---- could be a few reasons but that's a beast

As for Collymore he likes beasts well if that's what dogging means of course
  • I was actually saying this @SuedeAdidas that collymore is another piers Morgan, his opinions have lost credibility because he just makes statements to sell himself.
  • Wilma said:

Addickted said:

Has Sterling? Do we know he has? He gets abuse no doubt but do we know it’s purely because he is black? And is one type of abuse worse than another and who judges?

Some of the most uncomfortable abuse I’ve witnessed has been at ginger people, who seem fair game to just about anyone who isn’t ginger, have to endure negative connations and casual but often relentless brutal abuse, which if it was directed at skin colour, would send people into a frenzy.

Strawberry blonde?
    Say it loud I'm red headed and proud
    Is the abuse a player like Defoe gets at The Valley because he is black?

Absolutely. It's pure, subconscious racism. That's whether those abusing him dress it up as being because of how he left the club or not. The reality is it enables their subconscious racism to rise to the surface.

There can be no other explanation.
    Subconscious racism?
    Let's pretend such a thing exists, even though it doesn't.

Big bad world supports the idea that kids get to wave flags when Charlton enter the pitch.
    Subconsciously he is a peadophile.

Add subconscious to anything to prove an invalid point.
    It's known as Unconscious Bias

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5433

Addickted said:

Has Sterling? Do we know he has? He gets abuse no doubt but do we know it’s purely because he is black? And is one type of abuse worse than another and who judges?

Some of the most uncomfortable abuse I’ve witnessed has been at ginger people, who seem fair game to just about anyone who isn’t ginger, have to endure negative connations and casual but often relentless brutal abuse, which if it was directed at skin colour, would send people into a frenzy.

Strawberry blonde?

Absolutely. It's pure, subconscious racism. That's whether those abusing him dress it up as being because of how he left the club or not. The reality is it enables their subconscious racism to rise to the surface.

Subconscious racism?

Ignoring your ridiculous analogy, surely you don't actually think that?
    Maybe I do subconsciously.
    I've conciously concluded that you're quite thick.
    You're being rude and disrespectful on a thread complaining about rude and disrespectful behaviour.
    If you think the two are remotely comparable then my last comment is bang on.
  • Wilma said:

Addickted said:

Strawberry blonde?

Subconscious racism?

Big bad world supports the idea that kids get to wave flags when Charlton enter the pitch.
    Subconsciously he is a peadophile.

Add subconscious to anything to prove an invalid point.
    It's known as Unconscious Bias

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5433

Addickted said:

Strawberry blonde?

Subconscious racism?

Ignoring your ridiculous analogy, surely you don't actually think that?
    Maybe I do subconsciously.
    I've conciously concluded that you're quite thick.
    You're being rude and disrespectful on a thread complaining about rude and disrespectful behaviour.
    If you think the two are remotely comparable then my last comment is bang on.
    DFTT
  • So, let me get this right, no one knows if the bloke even was racist??
    Manc c**t, although a bit rude, is hardly worth a passing mention. I think I’ve heard similar at nearly every game I’ve ever attended.

If it turns out and is proven he said black c**t, then deal with him appropriately. If it turns out to be manc then this must be the most OTT reaction ever and inflames the whole racism issue to unhelpful levels.

Either way, the shaming and exposure before an offence has been proven is the biggest disgrace of all of this.
    Manc c**t, although a bit rude, is hardly worth a passing mention. I think I’ve heard similar at nearly every game I’ve ever attended.

If it turns out and is proven he said black c**t, then deal with him appropriately. If it turns out to be manc then this must be the most OTT reaction ever and inflames the whole racism issue to unhelpful levels.

Either way, the shaming and exposure before an offence has been proven is the biggest disgrace of all of this.

RS said he heard the comments.

Why would he lie ? If however someone said black c*unt and got caught , why would they tell the truth
  • I liked the bloke who said he’d been going to Chelsea for 20 years and had never heard any racism. I suggest he gets his ears checked.

I’d say the same regardless of the club.
  • Sponsored links:

Raheem Sterling was abused by a set of Chelsea fans. Sterling claims it was racist. Regardless of whether he misheard or not, the fans were ridiculously abusive towards a player picking the ball up for a corner. Sterling then took this opportunity to point out that people are encouraged to abuse players like him due to the negative reporting that is directed towards him, and other black players, with evidence he provided based on other Man City players. Sterling has also historically been targeted by papers unfairly.

And you think the worst thing about this situation is the bloke who thinks it's acceptable to abuse another person, possibly racially, because he plays for a different football team gets shamed. Jesus Christ.

• Resident ethnic minority here! Read the following thread.

I don't particularly feel the need to affirm that football is racist in myriad ways, as anyone on here who disagrees won't want to listen to what I have to say (as it's mainly already been said), but just read the below thread.

• ‘The Debate’ live on Sky now......
  • ......Stan didn’t make it onto the panel
  • I liked the bloke who said he’d been going to Chelsea for 20 years and had never heard any racism. I suggest he gets his ears checked.

I’d say the same regardless of the club.

I thought that, he must have worse hearing than me (and mine’s shit)
  • edited December 2018

......Stan didn’t make it onto the panel

Here he goes....

• I know why the loudmouth bufoon lost his job :wink::wink:
  • Come on then.......