Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UFC Thread

Comments

• I think i'd rather fight Brock Lesnar than Cyborg! She legitimately terrifies me!

Is that her real name?
  • I think i'd rather fight Brock Lesnar than Cyborg! She legitimately terrifies me!

Is that her real name?
    Think her name is Cris Justino, the cyborg nickname just makes her even more terrifying!
  • And another dream match announced. UFC Continues to deliver the goods.

This is a great matchup. Only competitive fight for Cyborg in the UFC imo.
  • Is Cyborg still leaving UFC, sure i saw something that she was fed up with the quality of opponents and waiting so long between fights.

Guess you can't really blame her, this will be only her 4th fight since Sept 2016 and her second fight this year, with the first fight being a 1st round KO.

Is that her real name?
    Think her name is Cris Justino, the cyborg nickname just makes her even more terrifying!
    It's because she was married (I think) to Cyborg Santos whose skull MVP famously caved In. :neutral: and she shared his nickname

No idea how he got his nickname though!

Is that her real name?
    It's because she was married (I think) to Cyborg Santos whose skull MVP famously caved In. :neutral: and she shared his nickname

No idea how he got his nickname though!
    Oh I never put 2 and 2 together! That knee to his head looked awful! I remember watching it and seeing the pain of Cyborgs face! It didn't knock him out he was just incapacitated with the pain! and then MVP rubbed salt in the wound by throwing a bloody Pokeball at him!!
  • Is Cyborg still leaving UFC, sure i saw something that she was fed up with the quality of opponents and waiting so long between fights.

Guess you can't really blame her, this will be only her 4th fight since Sept 2016 and her second fight this year, with the first fight being a 1st round KO.

Dana clearly doesn't want her in the promotion. He can only promote women who have err certain talents.
  • colthe3rd said:

Is Cyborg still leaving UFC, sure i saw something that she was fed up with the quality of opponents and waiting so long between fights.

Dana clearly doesn't want her in the promotion. He can only promote women who have err certain talents.
    Speaking of which I guess Paige is finished? Those breast implants will surely make it hard to make weight! Shame as she was talented in the way you want a fighter to be talented.
  • colthe3rd said:

Is Cyborg still leaving UFC, sure i saw something that she was fed up with the quality of opponents and waiting so long between fights.

Speaking of which I guess Paige is finished? Those breast implants will surely make it hard to make weight! Shame as she was talented in the way you want a fighter to be talented.
    I follow her on Instagram (research only I promise!) She had an arm operation about 3 months ago and keeps talking about her comeback so i think she will continue. Unbelievably stupid decision to get breast implants though! Surely is just going to make things harder!
  • Sponsored links:

• With Derrick Lewis getting a title shot at the weekend and not Stipe Miocic it seems there going down the money route.

Demetrious Johnson moving to One FC in exchange for Ben Askren is interesting and signals the end of the flyweight division.
  • With Derrick Lewis getting a title shot at the weekend and not Stipe Miocic it seems there going down the money route.

Demetrious Johnson moving to One FC in exchange for Ben Askren is interesting and signals the end of the flyweight division.

Flyweight division all but offically gone, think its wrong myself - gutted about DJ leaving as well
  • Loved DJ but sort of understand the move away, very little left in the division for him to fight except the trilogy fight. I'm a pretty casual fan but its not surprising that people aren't interested in the flyweights, i want to see heavy hands and people that are the size of regular adults!
  • edited November 2018

With Derrick Lewis getting a title shot at the weekend and not Stipe Miocic it seems there going down the money route.

Flyweight division all but offically gone, think its wrong myself - gutted about DJ leaving as well
    Hold on, TJ is dropping down to race Cejudo for the Flyweight title. Didn't see that coming!
  • Holloway makes weight, the dream match is on!
  • Holloway makes weight, the dream match is on!

Prediction?
  • charltonJ said:

Holloway makes weight, the dream match is on!

Prediction?
    It's tough to call yadda yadda... Ortega by submission and Gracie Jiu Jitsu to reclaim their crown.
  • What a fight!
  • edited December 2018
    Saw this on twitter. Click on the image. Just a slight increase in gate money for the McGregor fight!

• Sponsored links:

• Result! Pretty sure the MSG is bigger the Scotiabank Arena as well. I have been to both. :smirk:
  • Max is an animal. Far and away my favourite champ atm - always entertaining in the cage and out of it, beats the crap out of his opponents, just wants to fight. That said he takes a fair few punches unnecessarily, it will come back to haunt him in his later years IMO. Brian put up a good fight but it was clear his boxing wasn't on the same level as Max's, Max had his number inside the first round, apart from in the 3rd Brian had little response.

Who does Max fight next? He's never fought Frankie, he's about the only one who makes sense, there's him and Chad Mendes. A rematch against Conor is inevitable in the future for me.

The Santos/Manuwa fight was brilliant as well, Manuwa would be a hell of a fight if he had a chin. Gunnar's fight was entertaining just for the bloodbath at the end.
  • There isn't a great deal at featherweight for him, I think he'll KO both Chad and Frankie. Lightweight, now we're talking! He can take on his twin Tony Ferguson!
  • So do I, but until then he hasn't cleared the division out. For me, Khabib's got too much to do in his own division to be doing superfights with other champs, the Tony fight has to happen first, and maybe GSP if that ever materialises. Get Max and Khabib one more defence, then match em up and Max will get smashed haha.
  • So do I, but until then he hasn't cleared the division out. For me, Khabib's got too much to do in his own division to be doing superfights with other champs, the Tony fight has to happen first, and maybe GSP if that ever materialises. Get Max and Khabib one more defence, then match em up and Max will get smashed haha.

Perhaps that's why he did so well with the weight cut? :smiley:
  • Khabib vs Askren will be made.

A monumental cuddle-fest as and when it happens.
  • edited December 2018

Khabib vs Askren will be made.

Depends on how he does Lawler. Some of us have a decent knowledge of grappling, MMA isn't just striking!

Fittingly Ben just posted this.
  • edited December 2018

Khabib vs Askren will be made.

Depends on how he does Lawler. Some of us have a decent knowledge of grappling, MMA isn't just striking!

Fully understand how grappling works, thanks, and never said that MMA is just striking.

It was a light hearted quip that obviously went over your head. It's okay, though. Sarcasm doesn't always have to be obvious.
  • Now it seems that you have taken my post too seriously! :smiley:
  • Khabib vs Askren will be made.

Fully understand how grappling works, thanks, and never said that MMA is just striking.

It was a light hearted quip that obviously went over your head. It's okay, though. Sarcasm doesn't always have to be obvious.

Now it seems that you have taken my post too seriously! :smiley:

Now you two...cuddle and make up..!