Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth v Charlton | Tue 11 Dec | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Ding dong,
    Ding dong,
    ring a ding ding.
    We’ll smash their top of the league arse
    Bowyer’s the new born king

Pompey 1 Charlton 3,

stick your bell where the sun don’t shine
  • Pompey to get "revenge" for last season, 2-0, the second goal coming late on as we search for an equaliser
  • Scoham said:
    I wish Bowyer wouldn't babble so much about team changes before a game.
    'Son' of Robinson.

Keep schtumm, Lee ...... and keep opponents guessing. Or at least float some red herrings.

• cabbles said:

Big game this now as I am a bit worried we could go into a bit of tailspin if we lose, and I am sure RD is mulling over who to sell in Jan.

Have to agree with you on this ……..But i an tell RD who to sell in Jan...……………..

Sell the Club...……..not the players you…………..hole.
  • Anything from this one will be a bonus. Other than the Gillingham game Portsmouth look a cut above in this division.
  • 2-0 Taylor Grant. We are their bogey side.
  • Even Teresa May knows when to admit it defeat.....shame we can't postpone this game too.

3-0........and the slide is on.
  • edited December 2018
    I can see a proper pasting here. By at least three or four. Hope I’m wrong. I usually am although I wasn’t Saturday.
  • edited December 2018
    As our players won’t be match rusty, not having a daft break from playing since the last game, I quite fancy us to win tonight 2-0 to the travelling Addicks and the Pompey manager saying it was his fault they lost because he played a full strength team for the FA Cup match and his players were now tired...
  • ross1 said:

Bowyer to leave out Stevenson, so different LB for tomorrow, Sarr or Solly?

Stevenson playing, so he can get sold.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2018
    0-1, reckon we will sneak an early goal and defend on the edge of our box soaking up a huge amount of pressure for the following 75 mins.

Portsmouth still have Barnsley and Sunderland to play before Christmas. If we can win today it could throw the league title wide open again.
  • Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:
    I wish Bowyer wouldn't babble so much about team changes before a game.
    'Son' of Robinson.

Keep schtumm, Lee ...... and keep opponents guessing. Or at least float some red herrings.

Fair point, especially if Pompey had a game plan to target the inexperienced Stevenson down their right side.............but now can already plan for the fact he isn't playing.
  • I presume we can watch this on I-Follow without a VPN?
  • Can't see us getting anything here. Go on Charlton, surprise me!
  • Sort of game we always seem to provide a shock, but ill go for 1-1 score draw. Tough game
  • Bowyer's thoughts ahead of tonights game
    I’d love to have Pratley and Josh – we’d be a completely different team. That is not disrespecting the players out there, but they don’t have the experience. Our midfield four on Saturday was three players aged 21 and a 20-year-old. They haven’t got 100 games between them. They haven’t done themselves any harm. But when you go to Portsmouth in front of 18,000 fans, they can find it a bit intimidating.

“Wardy is another who I would rather be able to choose. The midfield is important – it’s where games can be won and lost. But I still think we will go there and win – if we do it right and defend the box, because they put a lot of crosses in. We’ll need to defend well.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-admits-that-experience-of-injured-trio-will-be-a-major-miss-as-charlton-take-on-portsmouth/
  • jrcafc said:

This preview has some interesting stats and fact...

d3d4football.com/portsmouth-v-charlton-athletic-league-one-preview/

Where is the interesting fact? False advertising, a bit more of a preview then you normally do so well done.
  • Fancy us to sneak a win after a disappointing result at the weekend
  • If we’d have snuck a winner on Saturday during the period we were clearly on top, we’d be 5 points off second with this as our game in hand

I suspect in that situation, there’s be a lot more chest thumping confidence

The fact that we didn’t nick a goal and Blackpool did, means we are getting an EXTREMELY different reaction

The difference one goal one way or the other can make, eh!

I say we’ll give Pompey a great game and it will be tight again with the odd goal deciding it

COYR
  • would bite your hand off for a draw now but MUST be followed up with demolition jobs on dons and gills
  • Sponsored links:

• Having Reeves and Fosu both in midfield is way too lightweight against Portsmouth. Better Dijksteel and Lapslie, even if it curtails our attacking options (which we will not have many of anyway), and fight out a 0-0
  • Bowyer continues his futile campaign to persuade Roland to fund some new players in the January window.

2-0 defeat.
  • would bite your hand off for a draw now but MUST be followed up with demolition jobs on dons and gills

Bowyer doesn't plan for draws.

Three points or bust.

PS: It'll be a draw, then. :smile:

• I presume we can watch this on I-Follow without a VPN?

Yes - will be on iFollow without a VPN: https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/2018192/december/portsmouth-vs-charlton-athletic-on-17-nov-18/
    Will invest another £10.00 myself. Fear the worst but hope for the best...
  • I’m expecting to be 1 nil down quite early on. Can’t see any hope of a point out of this.
  • I honestly had a dream about this game last night where there was an almighty scramble in our area in injury time and our keeper ending up saving a shot but it was adjudged to have gone over the line. Woke up gutted.
  • Think we will lose tonight against a good team at the fortress that is Fratton Park.

Pompey 2 - CAFC 0

Naturally hoping I will be proved wrong!!
  • Pompey won't fancy it tonight, ours for the taking 0-2! COYRS
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!