Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• edited December 2018
    I was briefing you lot it wasn't :) Replace resilient with stubborn and it all fits into place!
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Man this is brutal for May, taking shots from all sides with hardly, if any support from her own benches.

I'd almost feel sorry for her if she wasn't such an utter disgrace.
    She is getting all she deserves. I cannot imagine there has ever been a worse PM and the history books will quite rightly not be kind to her.
    She had a very difficult task with Brexit where there is almost no solution that a majority would back. It was a poison chalice.

But she took the job and has made a bad situation worse with her red lines, triggering A50 before she had any plan (aided and abetted by Corbyn on that) and threw away her majority in an unnecessary General Election.
    You do have to admire that you will blame Corbyn for anything.
    Please explain Corbyn s contribution to the last 30 minutes of this debate.
    No, you're right, Brexit is all his fault.
    I never said it was his fault.
    I asked you a question if you can't answer it then fair enough.
    Why would you step-in again when May is doing a nice job all on her own of f*cking this up? It's not a debate, it's PMQs - open to all MPs, not just Corbyn.
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Man this is brutal for May, taking shots from all sides with hardly, if any support from her own benches.

She is getting all she deserves. I cannot imagine there has ever been a worse PM and the history books will quite rightly not be kind to her.
    She had a very difficult task with Brexit where there is almost no solution that a majority would back. It was a poison chalice.

But she took the job and has made a bad situation worse with her red lines, triggering A50 before she had any plan (aided and abetted by Corbyn on that) and threw away her majority in an unnecessary General Election.
    Cameron/Johnson/May/Farage/ Rees-Mogg etc etc have to take the lions share of the blame but Corbyn's piss poor opposition (understandable when you know he's a hard core leaver) does him no credit and goes against what most labour voters want ie remain.
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Why would you step-in again when May is doing a nice job all on her own of f*cking this up? It's not a debate, it's PMQs - open to all MPs, not just Corbyn.
    Leaders lead.
  • Hmmmm I Love how sovereign, accountable and democratic this governement is.

• We are heading for another referendum and if May doesn't accept it there will be an election - it is unavoidable conclusion. Ultimately it is about numbers.
  • The final part of her plan is now in place...

;-)
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Leaders lead.
    That's almost as good as Brexit means Brexit. Almost.
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Leaders lead.
    Well as Corbyn supports Brexit we are in agreement
  • Sponsored links:

• There are not the numbers for a hard Brexit in the house - FACT. So it is May's deal - which will never be passed, an alternative e.g. Norway with Customs Union for instance, or another vote to break the impass. Ignoring this is reckless incompetence. I'm not sure the numbers are there, but you would hope a few Tories can see the farce this all is and try to fix it. Sadly, I think their jobs are more important to them.
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Leaders lead.
    Bloody Corbyn, triggering Brexit, lying to the public, campaigning hard for Brexit, f*cking up Brexit negotiations. It's all his fault.
    Sorry I must have missed all the times Corbyn has been on tv campaigning hard against Brexit.
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Leaders lead.
    Bloody Corbyn, triggering Brexit, lying to the public, campaigning hard for Brexit, f*cking up Brexit negotiations. It's all his fault.
    Sorry I must have missed all the times Corbyn has been on tv campaigning hard against Brexit.
    What's your point exactly?
  • edited December 2018

bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Leaders lead.
    Can you really not see how poor he has been in this process?

And before you say it, yes May has been total shit
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Leaders lead.
    What's your point exactly?
    My point is that the Labour leader wants Brexit to happen.
    If and when it does happen he is hoping that things go tits up allowing him to win an election and grab power.
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Quite.

Surprised the Tories didn't throw the last election and let Labour and Corbyn carry the can. I suppose you could say Labour countered this by letting the unelectable Corbyn be their leading light.

Someone somewhere has played a blinder.
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Quite.

Surprised the Tories didn't throw the last election and let Labour and Corbyn carry the can. I suppose you could say Labour countered this by letting the unelectable Corbyn be their leading light.

If there was a GE now the two manifestos would be interesting.

What would Labour stand on. Anti-austerity for sure but what would their Brexit policy be?

What would the Tories stand on? Who would even be their leader? They can't give a viable brexit policy and more austerity isn't going to be a vote winner. I suppose they could try strong and stable but it would be laughed out of the country.
  • When will Labour call for that vote of no confidence? It will be remarkable if they don’t given the situation but I’m not holding my breath. I think the next big move will be 48 letters dropping onto the 1922 committees desk. The hard brexiters can’t risk May getting something out of Brussels and getting her deal through.
  • Top man Andy! He's now being "corrected" by Julia Hartley-Brewer and slagged off by her trolls, so I just waded in to support him :-)

• Sponsored links:

• I mean this whole shambolic saga has just been summed with a day of absolute nonsense. I think play writes and the best comedic minds who ever lived would struggle to come up with a plot this bizarre.

God knows what the hell the EU must think. They’ve aleady said there will be no more amendments. Cameron went and failed in 2015. We’ve negotiated since 2016 and this is the best we can get it down to without getting the EU to compromise their 4 pillars/principles. She has until the 21st of Jan to put this to a parliamentary vote, then regardless it’s going to be voted on.

Utterly bizarre situation
  • When will Labour call for that vote of no confidence? It will be remarkable if they don’t given the situation but I’m not holding my breath. I think the next big move will be 48 letters dropping onto the 1922 committees desk. The hard brexiters can’t risk May getting something out of Brussels and getting her deal through.

The short answer is probably "after she loses the vote".

I think Labour's position is that they don't want to fail to topple her by calling the vote of confidence before she has lost the vote. (sorry for the double-triple negatives!) - MPs would be reluctant to decapitate the Government before putting the deal to the vote.

So, my guess is that they are waiting for the newly renegotiated deal (that both sides of the deal said could not be renegotiated) to be brought back and then voted down.

As for my guess as to "when"? Well, I have it on good authority that Theresa May will complete this before Christmas. But she hasn't yet decided how much Christmas is going to be delayed yet.
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Quite.

I don't think anyone in either of the two main parties can be said to have played a 'blinder'. If either of them come out of this looking good, it is entirely down to idiots luck.
  • The current political class in the UK is schckingly bad isn’t it?

When you yearn for the level of contribution and debate given by hesletine, Clarke, brown, Blair, Smith, Cook and Major you know you have issues.
  • bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Quite.

I don't think anyone in either of the two main parties can be said to have played a 'blinder'. If either of them come out of this looking good, it is entirely down to idiots luck.
    You're quite right.
    Nobody in the history of politics could be that clever.
    You think this is bad. Wait until they start having to pick the bones out of the aftermath!
  • Chizz said:

When will Labour call for that vote of no confidence? It will be remarkable if they don’t given the situation but I’m not holding my breath. I think the next big move will be 48 letters dropping onto the 1922 committees desk. The hard brexiters can’t risk May getting something out of Brussels and getting her deal through.

The short answer is probably "after she loses the vote".

I think Labour's position is that they don't want to fail to topple her by calling the vote of confidence before she has lost the vote. (sorry for the double-triple negatives!) - MPs would be reluctant to decapitate the Government before putting the deal to the vote.

So, my guess is that they are waiting for the newly renegotiated deal (that both sides of the deal said could not be renegotiated) to be brought back and then voted down.

As for my guess as to "when"? Well, I have it on good authority that Theresa May will complete this before Christmas. But she hasn't yet decided how much Christmas is going to be delayed yet.
  • Agree about the much criticised Gina Miller. She did the country a good service, and so did the so called enemies of the people judges.
  • Somebody in the debate dissed the ROI as almost dictating EU policy.
    No.
    However the battle does look like one between Unionists v the EU. As we stand May has sacrificed the Unionists, which of course is highly ironic.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!