Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    Felice and Boudleaux Bryant. Firstly because of the names but mainly the songs.
    Wasn't aware of them but recently saw what fantastic pop songs they wrote.
    Look them up.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Felice and Boudleaux Bryant. Firstly because of the names but mainly the songs.
    Wasn't aware of them but recently saw what fantastic pop songs they wrote.
    Look them up.

Yep. Love Hurts is a phenomenal song, as well as the other stuff they wrote for the Everly Brothers
    Clapton owes them big time as well.
    EC credits Felice for giving him the best bit of advice ever, she told him that yes he is one of the best guitar players, but told him he has a top soulful voice so go solo and sing and play..........!
  • Options

Mrs getting the all clear after a bit of a scare

Nice one mate, just in time for Christmas too.
  • Options

Mrs getting the all clear after a bit of a scare

Happy for you and her.
  • Options
    Cheers fellas
  • Options
    The Sidcup Rotary clubs Santa tour came up my mums road this evening and I took our daughter out to see it. Lots of other kids were out too, it was a lovely atmosphere and nice to actually chat to the neighbours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The absolute gentleman that woke me up on the train to ask where I was getting off and woke me up again when he was getting off.

He had absolutely no reason to do that (unless I was snoring) and I would be sleeping in the depot tonight if he hadn’t.

Definitely a better man than me.
    I love to watch people wake up in a state of confusion, panic and then the look that says “shit where am I”.
  • Options

The Sidcup Rotary clubs Santa tour came up my mums road this evening and I took our daughter out to see it. Lots of other kids were out too, it was a lovely atmosphere and nice to actually chat to the neighbours.

Bexleyheath Rotary do the same... was sadly round my parents with my Son the night before they went down my old road which I was really disappointed about as loved seeing them from my youth up to adulthood

Unlike the Coca Cola advert that was the sign that Christmas was here
  • Options
    ^^thats the sort of friend you need if indeed Dartford is your stop
  • Options
    Cold frosty mornings, it's much easier picking up last night's dog poo when it's frozen.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Cold frosty mornings, it's much easier picking up last night's dog poo without gloves on when it's frozen.

• Options
    edited December 2018

Cold frosty mornings, it's much easier picking up last night's poo without gloves on when it's frozen.

Elsa’s ?
  • Options
    Sherberts after last day at work until Xmas eve. Boom! Drunk thread here I come...
  • Options
    That Livingstones stadium is The Tony Macaroni Stadium
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Driving around and seeing so many houses covered in Christmas lights
  • Options
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    Sorry about your father @addickson , as an outsider that post sounds like you have a wonderful close family. Stick by each other. Peace to your dad.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that @addickson

My dad was in ICU ward at Kings Hospital Denmark Hill for 103 days before passing in August and the staff there were so amazing and dedicated.

Sounds like your dad appreciated your times together too.
  • Options
    Last week of work before 9 consecutive days off.
  • Options
    addickson said:

addickson said:

addickson said:

Anyhoo, coming on with a specific thing that pleases me. My dear old Dad, who's 97, tripped and broke his hip a few weeks ago and has been in hospital ever since and we were worried he'd never get home. Told my Mum tonight that they're working on a discharge date next week. The big lump of glad on my Mum's face melted my heart :smiley:

Almost a month later, but my Dad is on his way home now :smiley: Hope this is an omen for Addicks fans. Good things come to those that wait :wink:
    Please forgive my self indulgence, fellow addicks. My Dad had a stroke last week and contracted the “old man’s friend” pneumonia which carried him away today.

So what are my general things that please you?

In the last couple of months I’ve been able to support my Mum and Dad (and they’ve been willing to accept it) in the ways that they just did “naturally” for me all my life. Every little thing, from a nice meal to helping Dad to the kitchen for a wee freshen up was received with a thanks and a smile that has genuinely made the last couple of months the most fulfilling of my life.

The contact from friends saying my Dad was a lovely gentleman (sadly he outlived most of his contemporaries) just confirmed what I knew to be true - his was a great spirit, but a more gentle man I’ve never known.

The care he received from the NHS has been great. Alright, there have been a couple of snooty consultants no doubt with an eye on stats, but the nursing care that he (and my family) received has been heartwarming - last night the nurses reconfigured the room so that me, my brother, sister and brother-in-law could stay in comfort with my Dad as he neared his end.

The care he received from his council appointed carers. So many of them just wanted to bond with him. My Dad had hearing difficulties so the “chat” that would normally form part of their natural interaction with clients was instinctively changed to asking him about his experiences and he really enjoyed his engagement with his carers.

That he was able to live long enough to meet his second great grandson Archie Alistair (the latter named for him).

So farewell Alistair Annan McVicar. You lived a life full of grace and provided me with a family that I couldn’t have wished better from. Your smiles lit up my heart.

Love
    Addickson (Roddy)
    What a lovely tribute to your Dad and those who cared for him. RIP Alistair.
  • Options

Driving around and seeing so many houses covered in Christmas lights

From this comment I can safely say you weren’t driving around in Liverpool.
  • Options
    Walking to my daughters school with her in the mornings, breathing out steam as it's a bit nippy, listening to her chatter about her school mates, enjoying the fresh air. Sometimes, there's little bits that can make you happy and winter is a good time for them.
  • Options
    Just wanted to add a hug for @addickson . Been there with the pneumonia carrying off a loved one. But your tribute to your dad was heartwarming.

RIP Alistair, and thoughts with the family.