Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:
    stop stop STOP posting about corbyn, it has NOTHING to do with brexit, absolutely nothing. Nada. Nothing. NOTHING.
    Those tweets are totally relevant ... try reading them.
    I can't speak for the honourable member for Kent but I believe he may have be indulging in some sarcasm to point of the folly of those who try to pretend that Corbyn is present but not participating in this debate. : - )
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I don’t think a no confidence vote will pass - it would take us closer to a general election which means Tories potentially losing their seats so I can’t see that being a starter and, honestly, it just feels like another distraction that we don’t have time for.

I don't think it will pass either, I also think it would be the wrong time to call one if there was one.
  • Options
    labour MP offers support to stay in the EU, corbyn slinks in his chair.
  • Options

Boris visibly hiding at the back. No worries Boris, you crack on, not like you've played a major role in this f*ck up.

• Options
    Man this is brutal for May, taking shots from all sides with hardly, if any support from her own benches.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:
    stop stop STOP posting about corbyn, it has NOTHING to do with brexit, absolutely nothing. Nada. Nothing. NOTHING.
    Those tweets are totally relevant ... try reading them.
    I can't speak for the honourable member for Kent but I believe he may have be indulging in some sarcasm to point of the folly of those who try to pretend that Corbyn is present but not participating in this debate. : - )
    Ahhhhh ... whooshed :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

labour MP offers support to stay in the EU, corbyn slinks in his chair.

I wonder how much abuse (red tory/blairite/centralist/traitor/threats of deselection) that MP will get on twitter tonight.
  • Options
    Is there any estimation on what Brexit has cost the UK so far? Might have been able to put someone on the moon for it.
  • Options
    has she said when she will actually put her 'Deal' forward to the house?

and has she answered the question on how she is going to re negotiate when Brussels said they have finished negotiating.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

Man this is brutal for May, taking shots from all sides with hardly, if any support from her own benches.

I'd almost feel sorry for her if she wasn't such an utter disgrace.
    She is getting all she deserves. I cannot imagine there has ever been a worse PM and the history books will quite rightly not be kind to her.
    She had a very difficult task with Brexit where there is almost no solution that a majority would back. It was a poison chalice.

But she took the job and has made a bad situation worse with her red lines, triggering A50 before she had any plan (aided and abetted by Corbyn on that) and threw away her majority in an unnecessary General Election.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why didn't she simply say to the hard-line Brexiters "vote for this deal, or I will call a second referendum"? Their bluff would have been called. If she failed to win the vote (probably) she could hold her head up and say to the Brexiters you voted for it, by voting down the deal. And then take final instruction from the people.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

She is getting all she deserves. I cannot imagine there has ever been a worse PM and the history books will quite rightly not be kind to her.
    She had a very difficult task with Brexit where there is almost no solution that a majority would back. It was a poison chalice.

But she took the job and has made a bad situation worse with her red lines, triggering A50 before she had any plan (aided and abetted by Corbyn on that) and threw away her majority in an unnecessary General Election.
    You do have to admire that you will blame Corbyn for anything.
    Please explain Corbyn s contribution to the last 30 minutes of this debate.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

No, you're right, Brexit is all his fault.
  • Options
    The real issue is that she has had three weeks to provide re-assurances. It isn't as if they have only discovered the issues with her deal today! It is incredible after three weeks of debate that she is kicking the can down the road, but predictable given the history of this government.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

No, you're right, Brexit is all his fault.
    I never said it was his fault.
    I asked you a question if you can't answer it then fair enough.
  • Options

The real issue is that she has had three weeks to provide re-assurances. It isn't as if they have only discovered the issues with her deal today! It is incredible after three weeks of debate that she is kicking the can down the road, but predictable given the history of this government.

At twenty past eleven this morning, Number 10 was briefing political journalists that the vote was "100%" going ahead tomorrow. Ten minutes later she had a call with the Cabinet, postponing it.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Rizzo said:

I just blamed May and but pointed out that Corybyn called for triggering A50 straightaway and IIRC wiped his MPs to vote for it. But you focused on Corbyn and ignored what I said about May. Have to admire that distortion of what I said.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!