Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Glenn Murray of Brighton to sign this week ?

edited November 2008 in Rumours
source addicked.net

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]source addicked.net

Still it could be true.....

What position does he play?
  • Never heard of him. Is he any good?
  • 6ft striker scored 11 goals this season apparantly. Came from Rochdale.
  • didn't fleetwood join brighton to civer for murray cos he's out injured?
  • Dickson scored eleven goals in league one (and cup) on loan at Gillingham last season.

This guy has scored eleven goals in leage one (and cup) for Brighton this season .

Why should the manager think Murray can make the step up to championship striker but Dickson can't?
  • If I've seen this guy score a hat trick against Cheltenham recently on YouTube, then so has Pards.

A bit of that old fashioned British centre forward about him. He also picked up a goal or 2 against Millwall last week.
    He scores his fair share of headers, strong, good timing and movement and a bit of that agressive streak that we sorely lack.

But he probably gets a service at Brighton.
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Dickson scored eleven goals in league one (and cup) on loan at Gillingham last season.

This guy has scored eleven goals in leage one (and cup) for Brighton this season .

Why should the manager think Murray can make the step up to championship striker but Dickson can't?
    some can, some can't, seen nothing to suggest Dickson is in the can camp, far from it.
  • 6'2" super sub for Brighton, just coming back from injury. I thought I'd just cheer you all up with last week's Millwall match report:

MURRAY MAGIC TOO MUCH FOR LIONS

Glenn Murray came off the bench to score twice and make the other two as Brighton produced back-to-back wins to beat Millwall 4-1 at home.

Murray put the Seagulls ahead with a well-taken shot a minute before the break after an intelligent ball from defender Matt Richards.

Striker Tresor Kandol levelled with his fifth goal in nine league starts, but Murray struck again from the penalty spot when Tony Craig was adjudged to have tugged the shirt of right-winger Joe Anyinsah.

Goalkeeper David Forde dived to his left to block Murray's spot-kick but the former Rochdale forward followed up to tuck in the rebound.

Bradley Johnson made the game safe with his third goal in two games by impressively converting a Murray pass midway through the second half.

Dean Cox sealed Brighton's biggest league win of the season by thumping in another Murray cross nine minutes from time.

And the YouTube link: Millwall massacred by Murray
  • Salad wrote:

"seen nothing to suggest Dickson is in the can camp."

But have you seen anything to suggest he is in the can't camp? Surely the truth is we have seen so little of him we don't know one way or the other.

After 10 mins here and 15 mins there I have no idea how good Dickson is - or is not. All I'm saying is he should be given a proper chance before we bring in another striker with an almost identical scoring record in league one...

I thought we had been told the loan singings would be experiended players the manager knew could do a job. Glen Murray in no way fits that description. So perhaps the rumour is not true, anyway...
  • i think it is more likely as a replacement for Gray if it happens due to his style and size not dicko
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2008
    Spot on. Useless comparing him to Dickson when they are different types of players. I have heard good reports on this guy. Will this be a swop with Fleetwood I wonder or a loan to permanent move. Just seen, according to soccerbase, that Brighton paid 300k for him in January so maybe a swop isn't the case. The guy has a good goalscoring record, albeit in League One, as did Varney and McLeod, and of course Dickson.
  • we dont need another striker from the lower leagues thats why we are struggling as it is
  • too right left behind

what we need is a big target man who knows where the goal is - someone like wolves joint top scorer iwelumo - - oh lol
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]we dont need another striker from the lower leagues thats why we are struggling as it is

Absolutely lb...Dickson...McLeod...Fleetwood...and now this guy...well possibly.
    We seem to be trying to uncover the 'new' Ian Wright but in truth that is a real rarity. Even if we did the first decent offer that came along we'd take the dosh...so unfortunately I can't get too excited either way.
  • for me i would get McSheffrey in from brum,he aint gettin nowhere near the first team.
  • they gave another chap at Brum too, needs matches as well

Marcus something...
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]they gave another chap at Brum too, needs matches as well

Marcus something...

started for Brum on Saturday, set up their goal
  • has he scored for them yet?
  • I think he's only played twice, lol......
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]has he scored for them yet?

Ummm. Don't we play them next? Guess what just might happen :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]But he probably gets a service at Brighton.
    According to Carter, most blokes can if you know where to look...
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]But he probably gets a service at Brighton.
    According to Carter, most blokes can if you know where to look...

You know a lot about Brighton, Dan.......?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]for me i would get McSheffrey in from brum,he aint gettin nowhere near the first team.

agree. Class player
  • Scored an absolute cracker for Luton against us in the 4-4 cup game a good while back
  • edited November 2008
    do you know what saddens me, it is how low our level of player is at, that we are looking at ( i do realise the financial constrants before they are told to me),

i would rather some johnny foreigners who i didnt know about and that might allow me to dream, i just cant get excited that a brighton striker is going to solve my concerns, not that the johnny foreigner will i just wouldnt know feck all about them.

hoo hum another shit day being an addick
  • I know I am sad but I think the prospect of unearthing the next Kinsella is quite exciting, and I am not even Acworth
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]do you know what saddens me, it is how low our level of player is at, that we are looking at ( i do realise the financial constrants before they are told to me),

i would rather some johnny foreigners who i didnt know about and that might allow me to dream, i just cant get excited that a brighton striker is going to solve my concerns, not that the johnny foreigner will i just wouldnt know feck all about them.

hoo hum another shit day being an addick

Not a great way to start the day reading a post like that nla................. the truth hurts!
  • sorry folks having a shit day and it aint even 9 am

lets look on the bright side

oh there aint one
  • Yes there is - i'm going to vegas tomorrow!
  • oh thats good for you WSS

but not for us you selfish swine ;-)