Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Horrifying new crisp flavour

13»

Comments

• Options

cafc83 said:

Really Walkers, what were you thinking??

Has anyone tried these? A friend had a pack, I was so shocked that they existed I had to take a picture.

and 2) those who have never tasted sprouts that have been prepared to a decent standard, many many chumps massively over cook sprouts reducing them to pale soggy shadows of their proper brassica deliciousness. Cutting a cross in the bottom of sprouts before boiling is the work of witless numpties - far too much effort resulting in soggy misery. There is a considerable population in the overlap in the Venn diagram of those groups - hopeless parenting and lousy cooking of vegetables go hand in hand.
    Al dente vegetables are for Europeans, not for us Brits.

All vegetables should be over cooked and nice and soft to eat. And Sprouts should always have a cross cut into the stalk individually. It's part of the celebratory process that is the making of a proper Sunday lunch.

Witless numpty my arse.

• Options
    I like my sprouts soft and salty. I'll leave that there! As for the Brannigans beef and mustard crisps - they went well in a Ham sandwich!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

cafc83 said:

Really Walkers, what were you thinking??

Has anyone tried these? A friend had a pack, I was so shocked that they existed I had to take a picture.

they were probably thinking that this would happen - discussions about their product. Looks like they were right!
    Plot twist - @cafc83 works in Walkers marketing.

If I did, there is no way Sprout flavour crisps would have even made it out of the factory!

But in fairness to them, we are talking about them, so they are doing something right.
  • Options
    Munching through a pack now... Faint sprout taste but is mostly just like chicken flavour.
  • Options
    Will give the crisps a go - not holding out much hope of them tasting like a sprout though.
    Do love my sprouts - Christmas the only time we have them. Boiled with chestnuts. Always do plenty As it makes the most sublime bubble and squeak on Boxing Day.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Anyone tried the Iceland Christmas Tree flavor

Noticed those on my way through Iceland yesterday to get to the bank cash dispenser. Not just christmas tree, luxury christmas tree. I assume that means a hint of roots and dirt, too, with a soupcon of glass bauble.
  • Options
    Just had a bag of Walkers brussels sprouts flavour and quite enjoyed it. They've even got a green tinge!
  • Options

Just had a bag of Walkers brussels sprouts flavour and quite enjoyed it. They've even got a green tinge!

They were mouldy :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Walkers were doing a great triple "favourites" the other month but must have stopped them.

Picked onion. Worcester sauce. Tomato Ketchup.

Last one not bad........but the other 2 are my all time favourites.
  • Options
    tom- k said:

Brannigans Beef and Mustard flavour. Really chunky crisps with a great flavour

Do they still make these? can't find them anywhere.
    The cost cutter round the corner from me do them, my Mrs had picked them up the other day

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The main reason I wouldn't eat these crisps is because they're Walkers, not because they're sprout-flavoured. Thin textureless nothings
  • Options

tom- k said:

Brannigans Beef and Mustard flavour. Really chunky crisps with a great flavour

Do they still make these? can't find them anywhere.
    The cost cutter round the corner from me do them, my Mrs had picked them up the other day

B&M do them as well. I bought some in Burton last week!
  • Options
    Why do some people who like Sprouts only eat them at Christmas. I like them and so have them all year round. Don't understand this.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I like sprouts, they are nice and peppery .. not too sure about artificial sprout flavouring though

Wonder if they will still cause the uncontrollable flatulance?
  • Options

Walkers were doing a great triple "favourites" the other month but must have stopped them.

Picked onion. Worcester sauce. Tomato Ketchup.

Last one not bad........but the other 2 are my all time favourites.

I’ll say it before anyone else does, can’t believe you didn’t pick gammon flavour.
  • Options
    We get some great flavours here: Lobster Hot Plate, Spicy Chilli Squid, Sweet Basil, Nori Seaweed, Lasagne among others.

They seem to have discontinued the wasabi flavour crisps which I used to like.
  • Options

Anyone remember hedgehog flavour crisps? They were really good.

Only too well ! My Mum did the Public relations for the makers - Bensons Crisps so our house was usually full of boxes of the blooming things. They got Gypsies to confirm that they did indeed taste like roasted hedgehogs, I always thought it was more like chicken...
  • Options
    They are disgusting
  • Options
    Worcestershire sauce flavour crisps, be they walkers or French fries, are the snack food of kings