Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• edited December 2018
    It's all over here at The Dripping Pan. We go into the Christmas break level on points with @ManUtdWomen at the top of the @FAWC_ table! #cafc

• The Addicks women team are some side.
  • The table on the BBC has us 3rd 2 points behind Manure and also behind Durham. However I think this is wrong as they have us as having 2 draws whereas the results show us only having one. I am sure the girls are right. Next 2 league games in January are home games against first and third (us second on goal diff). So be nice if we can support girls on Sunday 6th and 13th, particularly as we are unlikely to have home games those Saturdays.

• The Women's team in 2nd place, now level on 25 points with Man Utd.

You'll see from the table below that the top 4 have created a huge gap from the rest of the division.

FA Women's Championship Table:

Click on the link:
    https://www.manutd.com/en/matches/women/2018-19/women-super-league2/league-table

(Sorry it's on the Manure website, but it depicts the table well).

• How many get promoted @Oggy Red

• Sponsored links:

As Rob7Lee says, two ........ (and as it stands) out of Man Utd, Charlton, Durham and Spurs.
    These 4 are head and shoulders clear of the rest of the division.

Man Utd are the only full time professional team in the League, so of course they're expected to win the title. But yesterday they unexpectedly suffered their first defeat of the season at 3rd placed Durham.

As a team newly promoted to the Championship, Charlton Women are having a superb season.
    All to play for.

Well done, girls!

• Morning,does anyone know if you can just turn up on the day...to buy tickets as my littleun is thinking that she wants to go down & watch the match today against Durham but on the site it only has next wks game on there...cheers
  • Morning,does anyone know if you can just turn up on the day...to buy tickets as my littleun is thinking that she wants to go down & watch the match today against Durham but on the site it only has next wks game on there...cheers

Yes, you can pay on the turnstile. Plenty of parking there too.

Yes, you can pay on the turnstile. Plenty of parking there too.
    Thank you @Brendan_O_Connell,appreciated...:)
  • Creditable result. Be interested to hear any comments from those there. Next week home to Manure 2pm ko.
  • Couldn't make it today but this Cafc team never give up. Late equaliser at Durham in a 2-2 as well plus the last kick winner against Palace in last home game.
  • I'm probably going to be called sexist but I just have zero interest in women's football. I'm sure the standard in some cases is excellent but it does nothing for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• drewman said:

I'm probably going to be called sexist but I just have zero interest in women's football. I'm sure the standard in some cases is excellent but it does nothing for me.

Thanks for sharing. We were all waiting with baited breath to finally here your thoughts on the subject. Disappointed to hear we’ll now have to close this thread because it’s does nothing for you.

RIP Women’s Football.
  • drewman said:

I'm probably going to be called sexist but I just have zero interest in women's football. I'm sure the standard in some cases is excellent but it does nothing for me.

As someone who just loves watching football, I have been pondering your question and wonder if you would watch any women's sport ?
    Some men just don't like the idea of females playing football.

The best defending I have seen all season was Chelsea v Man City women at Kingston. I went as a football fan and because it only cost £6 to see the best players in the female game. Both keepers made brilliant saves.
  • Happy to support anyone representing Charlton (except Nicky Ajose, obvs). Might even go and watch a match if they didn’t play a bazillion miles away.
  • edited January 2019
    @drewman I hope you never have a daughter with that attitude.
  • Been drawn against Huddersfield at home 4th round of Fa Cup.
  • Will be great if they can get promoted to the Premier League.

I'm taking my daughter to Arsenal (1st) V chelsea (3rd) on Sunday - live on BT sport too
  • Will be great if they can get promoted to the Premier League.

I'm taking my daughter to Arsenal (1st) V chelsea (3rd) on Sunday - live on BT sport too

Why not take her to Charlton v ManU instead?
    Incidentally I don't think we can get promoted as gates aren't high enough. Only one way to change that!
  • Charlton women home to league leaders ManU at 2pm today. ManU have at least one current England player as they have spent a lot of money (by women's standards) to try and get into the Premier League.
  • Come on you Addicks!