Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Options
    Three points off the bottom. Playing badly, not scoring goals even with Zaha in the team. No other strikers to speak of, and failed in the last three transfer windows to find anyone else to play up front.

Just need the other dross down there to make the most of this opportunity.
  • Options
    On a shit day for football and the weather... it sort of cheers me up a bit.

Not one to wish anything nice on Wet Spam but Thanks me old Cockerney Sparras!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    clb74 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Three points off the bottom. Playing badly, not scoring goals even with Zaha in the team. No other strikers to speak of, and failed in the last three transfer windows to find anyone else to play up front.

They've scored 5 in the last 3 games
    They’ve scored 5 in the last 5 if you extend your facts.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

clb74 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Haha sorry, I left out ‘enough’.

I posted that while sitting at a bar in Vegas, getting some breakfast and watching the football. Halfway through the City game a bloke came and sat next to me. Struck up a conversation about football. He seemed nice enough, I asked him who he supported.

“I’m a Crystal Palace fan,” he responded.

I spammed my forehead on the bar several times.

“Of all the clubs in the world, you support the one club whose stadium I’d happily drop a small thermonuclear device on. Actually, a hand grenade would probably do enough damage that Meccano set and twigs stadium.”

To his credit, he chuckled. “Charlton fan?” he asked.

We got on quite well. He spoke logically, had some interesting things to say. Didn’t bother getting smug about the current state of affairs. It was almost enough for me to not hate Palace for an hour or two.

Actually, it wasn’t even close to enough. That’s a stupid exaggeration. Nice guy, shit taste in football clubs.
    Oh come on! I was with you till that bit...
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

clb74 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Haha sorry, I left out ‘enough’.

I posted that while sitting at a bar in Vegas, getting some breakfast and watching the football. Halfway through the City game a bloke came and sat next to me. Struck up a conversation about football. He seemed nice enough, I asked him who he supported.

“I’m a Crystal Palace fan,” he responded.

“Of all the clubs in the world, you support the one club whose stadium I’d happily drop a small thermonuclear device on. Actually, a hand grenade would probably do enough damage that Meccano set and twigs stadium.”

To his credit, he chuckled. “Charlton fan?” he asked.

We got on quite well. He spoke logically, had some interesting things to say. Didn’t bother getting smug about the current state of affairs. It was almost enough for me to not hate Palace for an hour or two.

Actually, it wasn’t even close to enough. That’s a stupid exaggeration. Nice guy, shit taste in football clubs.
    Great post !

Do not have a bet in Vegas though, that is proper shit luck,

in all of Vegas to sit next to a Palarse supporter.

• Options
    MOTD was good!
  • Options
    clb74 said:

9/1 for relegation
    West ham away
    Leicester home
    Man city away
    Next 3 games

1 down :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

clb74 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Should have spammed his on the bar.

Just for old times sake.

• Options
    edited December 2018

Zaha and Tomkin both suspended for their game v Leicester

What's quite funny is that both picked up their bookings in injury time at the end of the match, and as a result miss a winnable match (Leicester), whereas if they'd been booked in that match they'd have missed Man City away!
    Are you insinuating the angel that is Zaha cheats? Surely not. All we ever get to read in mainstream media is how he is a victim during every game.

Hopefully they lose 1-0 to Leicester and then still get stuffed by 5 at Man City when the cheat returns.
  • Options

What's quite funny is that both picked up their bookings in injury time at the end of the match, and as a result miss a winnable match (Leicester), whereas if they'd been booked in that match they'd have missed Man City away!
    Are you insinuating the angel that is Zaha cheats? Surely not. All we ever get to read in mainstream media is how he is a victim during every game.

Hopefully they lose 1-0 to Leicester and then still get stuffed by 5 at Man City when the cheat returns.
    Surely it is the opposite of cheating? They screwed themselves.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Surely it is the opposite of cheating? They screwed themselves.
    Maybe they see it as palace can beat Leicester without them, but know that they have no chance against City without them.

Also I imagine Zaha would prefer to show off his skills to Pep with the hope he’ll get signed to City in January.
  • Options
    Really hope they lose to Leicester, Man City will beat them and surely they will have dropped into bottom 3 if they lose those 2...
  • Options
    Their game against Cardiff on Boxing Day is the proverbial 'six pointer'.
  • Options
    9/4 Leicester next week
  • Options
    Although the below shows the current chasm between the nigels and us, I feel that their recent transfer dealings knock ours into a cocked hat.

None of the below are currently playing or available for their first team, though some have 'come off the bench' to assist in their defeats.

Christian Benteke £27,000,000 - £120k per week
    Connor Wickham £7,000,000 - £60k per week
    Alexander Sørloth £9,000,000 - £60k per week
    Scott Dann £4,250,000 - £60k per week
    Jordon Mutch £5,750,000 - £50k per week
    Jaïro Riedewald £7,900,000 - £55k per week
    Jason Puncheon £2,250,000 - £40k per week
    Jarosław Jach £2,750,000 - £35k per week
    Pape Souaré £3,400,000 - £35k per week
    Zeki Fryers £1,500,000 - £30k per week
    Joel Ward - £500,000 - £30k per week
    Vicente Guatia Free Transfer - £30k per week
    Lee Chung-Yong £1,000,000 - £22k per week
  • Options
    Staggering wages those. Isn’t max Mayer in £150K a week or something too?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Although the below shows the current chasm between the nigels and us, I feel that their recent transfer dealings knock ours into a cocked hat.

None of the below are currently playing or available for their first team, though some have 'come off the bench' to assist in their defeats.

Christian Benteke £27,000,000 - £120k per week
    Connor Wickham £7,000,000 - £60k per week
    Alexander Sørloth £9,000,000 - £60k per week
    Scott Dann £4,250,000 - £60k per week
    Jordon Mutch £5,750,000 - £50k per week
    Jaïro Riedewald £7,900,000 - £55k per week
    Jason Puncheon £2,250,000 - £40k per week
    Jarosław Jach £2,750,000 - £35k per week
    Pape Souaré £3,400,000 - £35k per week
    Zeki Fryers £1,500,000 - £30k per week
    Joel Ward - £500,000 - £30k per week
    Vicente Guatia Free Transfer - £30k per week
    Lee Chung-Yong £1,000,000 - £22k per week

Blimey! What a waste of money! I think that is over £32 million a year and they are not even in the current team. Bankruptcy beckons.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Staggering wages those. Isn’t max Mayer in £150K a week or something too?

He is on the same as Mamadou Sakho at a mere £100k per week.
  • Options
    Ignoring Benteke, Connor Wickham 60k a week is scandalous
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Ignoring Benteke, Connor Wickham 60k a week is scandalous

Not sure about that.

I mean Palace have paid him over £6m for ONE MINUTE of football over the past two years and he's contracted until June 2020.

Had his first come back game today for their U23s.

Scored a goal then got sent off and now has a ban.
    Benteke, Wickham and Sorloth are doing a great job there! £240k a week combined, that's £12.5m a year for 3 non goalscoring/non playing strikers :smile:
  • Options
    That list is glorious. That's what I've hoped would happen with each signing. Praying they would be dead wood. But that's better than I could have dreamed. Sorloth cost £9m and hasn't scored a goal. Amazing. Benteke's record is pathetic too for that price. 1 in 4 with fuck all assists.

It's going to go horribly wrong for that club. It HAS to.
  • Options
    Jordan Ayew has scored none in 10 so far for his purported £50K per week. This certainly seems the perfect season for a Palace relegation !
  • Options
    You look at that shit and they are still as a club in a shit ground worth more than us by a gizzard load , ridiculous how shit we are
  • Options
    Yeah but I still think we have greater potential. Palace are as high as they’re ever going to get.
  • Options
    Hilarious that it's happening to Palace, but the sad reality is that it's what happens to most PL clubs.

Clubs seems to accumulate these flop signings on high salaries who can't be shifted, and when they go down have massive financial issues as they try and fail to move them on. You look at the squad we had when we were relegated in 2007 and compare it to the squad that went up in 2000 and there's a big difference. Much higher wages, much lower workrate and commitment to the club.