Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton- Post Match Views

Winning league run comes to an end in the rainy North West.

Seemed as if we’d raised it enough in the second half to register a fair point.

Safe journey for those making the long trek back

Thoughts?

Comments

• Always seem to have a good month, then a bad month, then a good month, then a bad month in terms of league matches. I expect 4 points at most this month. Portsmouth are going to destroy us
  • That game was ours, and then we fell apart. Not entirely sure why. Their substitute Guy completely changed the game I think
  • Second half a lot better. A draw would have been a fair result. On to Tuesday.
  • The amount of late goals we concede is frankly a joke.

Has Bowyer considered resting players?

What is the relevance of that last comment when we clearly deserved a draw at the very least and might even have won it with a little more luck.
    Got fuck all to do with today’s result......if you think it has I’d like to hear how?

• Sponsored links:

• We don't seem to be playing to Fosu's strengths, unless theres another explanation for his decline, very frustrating, different player under Bowyer. I think we miss that stabilising influence in midfield.

Some of our quick passing and movement was outstanding.

We just don't have the quality depth in the attacking area of our squad to maintain our momentum.
  • Fuck Charlton.
  • "good month bad month" ????? i thought we only had to wait two weeks ????

been waiting for the good times fo 50+ years----utter shit outfit---- had enough of it

• So glad that we prioritised promotion over a cup run.
  • Fuck Charlton.

Sorry that was unfair of me...

Fuck Charlton AND the world!!!
  • by the sounds of it we seem to tire out in the last 10 minutes and lost control of the game we should of won ourselfs judging by the rest of the second half performance.
  • Never liked football anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Hashtagpoop
  • Slipped to 7th now, 7 points off automatic and we'll drop to 8th if we lose heavily on Tuesday.

If Pompey beat us we will be SIXTEEN points off top after 21 games!!
  • At least the only thing resting this week will be the trophy on Lee's mantelpiece...

What is the relevance of that last comment when we clearly deserved a draw at the very least and might even have won it with a little more luck.
    Got fuck all to do with today’s result......if you think it has I’d like to hear how?

It was a joke, lighten up happy
    Well a few posters had irritatingly been banging on about it during the game so naturally I assumed you were doing likewise VG.

Weve conceded once against Burton / Bristol Rovers and two against Blackpool since the beginning on November in the League - Not a bad return against five teams
  • Lapslie gives us more than Reeves.

When starting a game, Reeves allows us to control and use the ball much more than Lapslie does. In the last ten minutes of a rainy frenetic scrap he really doesn't bring what we need? Weird substitution. I would agree that his free-kicks were no good
  • Rest the players in mid week. We might beat the Dons next Saturday. If Bowyer plays players in the right position.

Far too much optimism and excuses on the match thread for this set of players and management. Not good enough for the play offs as squad not big enough, Roland out.
  • Fuck Charlton.

Well that's a bit harsh,One swallow does not make a summer.
  • edited December 2018
    Big concern that we went on a recent winning run in the league and yet still find ourselves outside the playoffs.

If injuries continue to pile up (as they tend to in winter months) with this squad (that’s before Roland decides on a Jan clear out) then top 6 is a tough ask, that could be out of reach for us for yet another season.