Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton - Match Thread

Afternoon everyone from a grey and dismal South London.

Our brethren who have travelled up north are getting wind and rain thrown into the mix but the game is on this time.

Will it be Jingle All the Way or Jingle Hells for the Addicks this afternoon?

Come on you reds!

Comments

• AFKA can you transfer the match thread content from the other thread to this one?

• And the team and subs
  • And in plain English:

Charlton: Steer, Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Stevenson, Lapslie, Bielik, Aribo, Fosu, Grant, Taylor.

Subs: Phillips, Sarr, Dijksteel, Marshall, Reeves, Ajose, Hackett-Fairchild.
  • Apologies for what is probably a silly question , or if I've missed it, but should I be able to view this one via ifollow, please ?
  • No Billy Clarke either. Is he still not considered league fit?
  • Toby Stevenson will make his league debut in Charlton’s Sky Bet League One clash against Blackpool.

He'd better bleddy score!

• Apologies for what is probably a silly question , or if I've missed it, but should I be able to view this one via ifollow, please ?

Hello from Denmark ;) Yes, Ive just signed in there Mrs F.

Not without a VPN
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

No Billy Clarke either. Is he still not considered league fit?

I would say yes. Probably still way off the pace which Bowyer has been alluding to.
  • Surprised (after how he played last week) to see Stevenson ahead of Dijksteel, Sarr and Marshall.
  • SDAddick said:

Must have picked up a niggle not to be named on the subs bench, perhaps?

Bowyer said yesterday that he wasn't quite ready to start yet, but expecting him to be an important part of the squad in the not too distant future.

• Man, I'd be so much happier with that team if it ended Reeves Sarr
  • edited December 2018
    Seven of the Blackpool XI are 6'0+.

I would have had Sarr at LCB, Pearce in the middle, and Bauer right, with Bielik in front of them. I know Bielik has looked good in a back three, particularly coming out with the ball, and he has not looked as good in recent weeks in central midfield. But I just don't trust Lapslie in a central midfield two.
  • T_C_E said:

Apologies for what is probably a silly question , or if I've missed it, but should I be able to view this one via ifollow, please ?

How do you get Denmark working? - Whenever I login from there I get an error saying the region isnt supported

Its annoying as means I have to quickly fly my private jet to the Netherlands
  • Future Charlton wideman CJ Hamilton has scored a brace today in their derby against County

Have we plighted our troth?
  • Leuth said:

Man, I'd be so much happier with that team if it ended Reeves Sarr

Bowyer said Reeves has to catch up on full fitness, before he's ready to start.

Stevenson, with his willingness to get up and down the line, playing instead of Sarr - no doubt to provide more width on our diamond when attacking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Future Charlton wideman CJ Hamilton has scored a brace today in their derby against County

Poor start for Ardley @ Notts County then
  • Nothing yet on ifollow or valleypass

Am impatient for build up
  • Leuth said:

Future Charlton wideman CJ Hamilton has scored a brace today in their derby against County

Have we plighted our troth?
    I had to Google what this means but yes I can already picture him scoring a hatrick for us at the den next season and having it large with a packed out Charlton end
  • I think I would have preferred Reeves to start over Lapslie as we're light for creativity in the middle. But both Aribo and Lapslie are workhorses so maybe that's what Bowyer prefers for today what with the heavy conditions and all that. Both Reeves and Marshall are on the bench to change it up if need be.

We do miss Cullen and Ward because they give us that Championship level quality/experience that we're lacking a bit.

COYR!!
  • T_C_E said:

Apologies for what is probably a silly question , or if I've missed it, but should I be able to view this one via ifollow, please ?

How do you get Denmark working? - Whenever I login from there I get an error saying the region isnt supported

Its annoying as means I have to quickly fly my private jet to the Netherlands
    I had to keep shutting it down and starting again, it was a bit of a nightmare today.

• Toby is a centre back and pretty tall too.

He was poor v Donny but maybe more comfortable in a stronger team and as a wing back.

Big responsibility on Lapslie and Aribo.

As we've seen before when we play three CHs it leaves our midfield short.
  • I actually like Stevenson and think he has a touch of class about him. I'd have thought a tricky away game wouldn't be the place to introduce him, but maybe it'll work out
  • Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Must have picked up a niggle not to be named on the subs bench, perhaps?

Bowyer said yesterday that he wasn't quite ready to start yet, but expecting him to be an important part of the squad in the not too distant future.

Maybe saved for Tuesday, which will be tougher, plus todays pitch is going to be heavy abd not conducive to a passing game, that Clarke prefers
  • Anybody got anything on ifollow yet?
  • anybody getting their ifollow feed, or even a logo?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!