Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

First visit for years help

Hi,

Planning to take my Dad and my kids to the Valley on new years day as a surprise. Been years since we have watched Charlton.

Was looking at the West Stand Row H rows 127 - 131.

These seats aren't too high up are they?

Are they where I think they are on the attached image. (black box)

Would go to the family section but don't want to be in the corner but also as its the first time for the kids I don't want them to be in a section that is too loud.

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2018
    What block are you in? That can't be row H as it's at the front of the upper tier.

Either way, you won't have to worry about noise.
  • Sad to say the biggest surprise will be that you'll be virtually on your own up there.
  • You might find it better in the north upper where there is a bit if noise. Kids get bored very quickly at football. All those I've taken love being near the drummer.
  • If you don't like your seats, you can just give it ten minutes then go and sit somewhere else.
  • Make sure you get tickets for the stand you want, there are plenty of empty seats to move to if you are not happy with the ones you end up with. Noise won’t be a problem.
  • You could try the west lower by the away dug out (block F). Seats between 80 and 87 are right behind the dug out and you get close to the action and can see what's happening. Row C is the front row, so you want to be back a little (three to five rows from there, so maybe E, or F, or G?). Oh, I could do with some company!
  • jonesp1 said:

Hi,

Planning to take my Dad and my kids to the Valley on new years day as a surprise. Been years since we have watched Charlton.

Would go to the family section but don't want to be in the corner but also as its the first time for the kids I don't want them to be in a section that is too loud.

Thanks

Family stand will be half the price and wont be loud, youll be able to move around as well
  • Up top in the family stand is actually a really good view I think, I'm in the with my boy.
    Not to loud, but, close enough to the north upper to join in with the chants if you want to.
  • edited December 2018
    I think that's my old seats!

Lots of stairs to go up, noise not really a problem, depends what age / how old / mobile your dad is? if he has mobility issues , i'd go lower tier personally.

You can go up in the lift, but i think you have to have a lift pass these days to use it, otherwise people can bunk into the bit where the posh nosh is.
  • edited December 2018
    jonesp1 said:

Hi,

You’re so cruel😸
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2018
    DELETED
  • jonesp1 said:

Hi,

You’re so cruel😸
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I may pay a bit more and get by the dug outs as may be closer to action that way.

Quite a bit cheaper though the family stand.

Sounds like it has changed down at the Valley. Not going to be like a morgue is it? :)
  • edited December 2018
    You say you’re in row H.....is that Upper or Lower West Stand?
    Also you say row 127-131......I think you mean seats 127-131?
  • I had the misfortune to have to sit in the lower west for a couple of seasons as a season ticket holder and also for the amazing loss last week in the FA cup. I would rather sit anywhere else in the ground.

Northwest quadrant has good views and the advantage of a bit of atmosphere from Civered end. My son now prefers north upper but more bottom of J block these further up as it does get a bit noisy, he doesn’t like to stand and he gets a bit agitated by the loving Lyle Taylor so much he can shag my wife song.

Have also sat in east stand closer to the north (again to be closer to some noise) and like it there.

Never tried family stand as I can get a bit shouty at the red and like to join in with the songs and have always thought I might get some disapproval in the family stand (like I do sometimes from me own family)
  • edited December 2018
    I've taken my 7 year old to a few games this season and he loves it. It's easy to forget that our kids weren't around for the (sort of) glory days so they aren't judging the crowds/atmosphere/footballing quality against what's come before. I hope you all have a great day out.
  • jonesp1 said:

Hi,

Planning to take my Dad and my kids to the Valley on new years day as a surprise.

now you’ve told us the only people that are going to be surprised are your dad and kids...let’s hope they don’t find out as well or nobody is going to be surprised
  • Davo55 said:

Sad to say the biggest surprise will be that you'll be virtually on your own up there.

But able to move to more densley populated areas. If you are going West Stand go Upper West.

Kids may be upset by the clatter of thermos's being opened and closed and the flapping of blankets.
  • Upper west will be nearly empty would have thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• There's nothing wrong with the Upper West. I've had many a nice kip up there.
  • jonesp1 said:

Hi,

Planning to take my Dad and my kids to the Valley on new years day as a surprise.
    Been years since we have watched Charlton.

Thanks

Try not to ruin their christmas and instead get them all something they will actually enjoy.
  • It's actually a great view from the family stand tbf, cheaper than the rest of the ground and you get the atmosphere from the covered end too
  • Davo55 said:

jonesp1 said:

jonesp1 said:

Hi,

You’re so cruel😸
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I may pay a bit more and get by the dug outs as may be closer to action that way.

Quite a bit cheaper though the family stand.

Sounds like it has changed down at the Valley. Not going to be like a morgue is it? :)
    No. There's more life in the morgue.
    ....and hope....
  • YTS1978 said:

It's actually a great view from the family stand tbf, cheaper than the rest of the ground and you get the atmosphere from the covered end too

Same in the NW corner, great seats.