Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

disruptions expected until 4.30pm i know there has been a fatality but what is the reasoning for for closing the line for 3 and a half hours, i know it may seem insensitive but that seems a ridiculous amount of time.

My brother in law is BTP and got called to this job. Heavily pregnant woman took her own life stepping in front of a high speed train. I won’t go into details about what he saw but he was extremely traumatised by the whole thing. Southeastern are a disgrace but I think something like that puts travel disruption into perspective.
    Ffs... what an awful, tragic situation. Spot on about perspective.

Hope your brother in law is ok mate.
  • Meet the managers at Charing cross. Sitting ducks. I did enjoy that
  • disruptions expected until 4.30pm i know there has been a fatality but what is the reasoning for for closing the line for 3 and a half hours, i know it may seem insensitive but that seems a ridiculous amount of time.

My brother in law is BTP and got called to this job. Heavily pregnant woman took her own life stepping in front of a high speed train. I won’t go into details about what he saw but he was extremely traumatised by the whole thing. Southeastern are a disgrace but I think something like that puts travel disruption into perspective.
    Blimey VG that is a grim story, I hope the BIL is okay, you have to feel for the train driver in these situations as well as he would have had no chance of bringing the train to stop in time.
  • disruptions expected until 4.30pm i know there has been a fatality but what is the reasoning for for closing the line for 3 and a half hours, i know it may seem insensitive but that seems a ridiculous amount of time.

Blimey VG that is a grim story, I hope the BIL is okay, you have to feel for the train driver in these situations as well as he would have had no chance of bringing the train to stop in time.
    He's been given two weeks off but I'm not sure if thats the correct thing, sitting indoors on his own.

Agree about the train driver, who was female which i feel in this case makes it even worse.

My brother used to be in the Fire Brigade and used to tell some horrific stories about stuff they had to deal with on the trains (and elsewhere).

This was back in the days before mental health was considered 'a thing' - so they all seemed to all develop a pretty dark sense of humour about it to try and get them through.
  • I like you @Hertsseasider you come on here to moan about owners and end up moaning about trains!

We will make an addick of you yet!
  • Here's an interesting one

I got the 16.10 from Victoria landing at Dover Priory. Went to go for a piss, pressed the little green button to open the interconnecting doors from the carriage I was in to go into the one with the working toilet and the doors slammed shut, I managed to get most of my left hand out of the way however my left pinky I'm pretty sure is broken at the knuckle where the sliding doors caught it as I was rapidly trying to retrieve it.

At best this incident was indignifying, at worst, this is a broken fucking bone caused for once not by my own stupidity.

What's the deal here? Do I have to be thankful that the train was running on time with a functional toilet or should I be asking why these doors are doubling up as vertical guilotines?
  • Carter said:

Here's an interesting one

I got the 16.10 from Victoria landing at Dover Priory. Went to go for a piss, pressed the little green button to open the interconnecting doors from the carriage I was in to go into the one with the working toilet and the doors slammed shut, I managed to get most of my left hand out of the way however my left pinky I'm pretty sure is broken at the knuckle where the sliding doors caught it as I was rapidly trying to retrieve it.

At best this incident was indignifying, at worst, this is a broken fucking bone caused for once not by my own stupidity.

What's the deal here? Do I have to be thankful that the train was running on time with a functional toilet or should I be asking why these doors are doubling up as vertical guilotines?

Injury Lawyers 4 U
  • Sponsored links:

• These fucking cunts I would happily nail there owner to a cross, just cancelled 2 trains from Barnehurst from signalling failures. Absolute fucking cretins!
  • In a right mess, got told at Eltham to use the Sidcup line, I'm at Mottingham, even worse here. Clueless cunts.
  • Nothing at all up the bexleyheath or woolwich lines at present, signal failure at Crayford apparently, got a 51 to woolwich and now on a cramped DLR

disruptions expected until 4.30pm i know there has been a fatality but what is the reasoning for for closing the line for 3 and a half hours, i know it may seem insensitive but that seems a ridiculous amount of time.

Ffs... what an awful, tragic situation. Spot on about perspective.

Hope your brother in law is ok mate.
    Horrible story, my missus is a midwife working on the team who were trying to care for her
  • No cannon st trains and the 46 from NE to Charing X was too packed to get on. Lovely morning for it!!
  • A diverted cannon st train (from woolwich line) has arrived and a man pushed me as the doors opened in front of me. I said ‘could you stop pushing me please’ politely and he said ‘just move’
    Feckin rude.
  • In a right mess, got told at Eltham to use the Sidcup line, I'm at Mottingham, even worse here. Clueless cunts.

Should've stayed at Eltham as an unannounced train turned up at just before 6.50, much to the merriment of those that has stayed on the platform.
  • I stopped commuting 5 years ago but can't stop looking at this thread. I do feel your pain everyone, I did it for 30 years.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2018

In a right mess, got told at Eltham to use the Sidcup line, I'm at Mottingham, even worse here. Clueless cunts.

Should've stayed at Eltham as an unannounced train turned up at just before 6.50, much to the merriment of those that has stayed on the platform.
    I hate you! :smiley:
  • barnehurst now has signal problems- all trains being diverted down woolwich line - dont worry they are still putting fares up nearly 4% in jan- wankers
  • All back to normal.
  • MrLargo said:

All back to normal.

"All back to normal" as in the signal issues have been rectified, or "all back to normal" as in everything's f%$ked, the concourse at Cannon Street is dangerously overcrowded, there's zero information about when or where a train might go and literally all the staff are hiding in the ticket office with the lights off and the curtains shut but we all know they're in there because we can here the kettle repeatedly boiling and the sound of custard creams being consumed at ferocious pace?
    Issues have been rectified and trains running on time.

The 15.17 has just departed Cannon Street on time. Choo choo :smile:
  • MrLargo said:

All back to normal.

"All back to normal" as in the signal issues have been rectified, or "all back to normal" as in everything's f%$ked, the concourse at Cannon Street is dangerously overcrowded, there's zero information about when or where a train might go and literally all the staff are hiding in the ticket office with the lights off and the curtains shut but we all know they're in there because we can here the kettle repeatedly boiling and the sound of custard creams being consumed at ferocious pace?

For future reference, if you want to increase your popularity on here (which you probably do, what with you being a supporter of "that lot"), messages containing reference to a train departing on time should really be accompanied by a picture of a train slowly and sensually pulling out of a station. We can then all pause and take a moment to close our eyes and imagine that beautiful train chugging its way towards London Bridge.
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

All back to normal.

For future reference, if you want to increase your popularity on here (which you probably do, what with you being a supporter of "that lot"), messages containing reference to a train departing on time should really be accompanied by a picture of a train slowly and sensually pulling out of a station. We can then all pause and take a moment to close our eyes and imagine that beautiful train chugging its way towards London Bridge.
    I want to know why you are both on trains this early anyway, call yourself commuters :smiley:
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

All back to normal.

I want to know why you are both on trains this early anyway, call yourself commuters :smiley:
    Hold your horses, Mike! I'm still at work, sat at my desk. I generally spend more time monitoring the state of the trains throughout the day than I spend doing the job that I'm paid for, so I was fascinated and delighted to hear of the timely departure of the 15.17 from Cannon Street.

I'll be travelling home on the 17.32 shitshow to Hayes which, contrary to the great work of fiction known as the "Autumn Timetable", most probably won't get me to St Johns by 17.45.
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

All back to normal.

I was on said 15.17 train after having a nice luncheon with a client.
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

All back to normal.

Hold your horses, Mike! I'm still at work, sat at my desk. I generally spend more time monitoring the state of the trains throughout the day than I spend doing the job that I'm paid for, so I was fascinated and delighted to hear of the timely departure of the 15.17 from Cannon Street.

I'll be travelling home on the 17.32 shitshow to Hayes which, contrary to the great work of fiction known as the "Autumn Timetable", most probably won't get me to St Johns by 17.45.
    That's okay then, you can go back to calling yourself a commuter. Looks like it is just BBW who is the part timer :wink: