Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Reserves v Doncaster - Post Match Views

Absolutely fuming.

Massive admirer of Bowyer / Jacko as our management team but as a fan feel hugely let’s down to the approach this game.

Yet another season of pathetically limping out the FA Cup

Over to you on how we played...

Comments

• Total tosh and piffle
  • Promotion is a must after that. Disappointing exit from the FA Cup.
  • Got nothing nice to say so I'll leave it at that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Minimum 4 points from Blackpool and Portsmouth games after today.
  • Reckon they thought Donny were going to play a weaker team/we got complacent from when we beat them a few weeks ago
  • I'm pretty sure CP didn't put out a below par team away at Fulham in our promotion season.

Insult to the fans today.
  • I'll very rarely bother with FA Cup / League Cup games after the 2-1 loss to Leicester City all those years ago, certainly wouldnt have attended had we gone on to play Man City etc. (despite being at the Fulham 4-0 defeat so know how much fun a day out in the cup can be, I only attended that one as didnt mean a game in the League or Cup that season)

Historically today has gone with form and in a way would be handy if Portsmouth draw tomorrow and then lose their replay so we get next midweek off altogether

Can understand fans being annoyed with the team selection yet felt that frustration should have waited until now - Found it insulting towards our fringe players (hence the abrupt / aggressive tone in a lot of my comments today) and the fact that Doncaster could only beat them 2-0 when they couldnt score against our first team, actually shows the strength and depth that we've got within our squads... As I said when we went 2-0 down it was useful experience for the kids and I hope they do learn from it and come back stronger.

Will definitely agree with the fact that three points have to come against Blackpool next Saturday as a result of this selection as tiredness certainly cant be an excuse
  • Absolutely fuming.

Massive admirer of Bowyer / Jacko as our management team but as a fan feel hugely let’s down to the approach this game.

Yet another season of pathetically limping out the FA Cup

Over to you on how we played...

Couldn't agree more. Feel like asking Bowyer for my money back.

Not the worst game and some players did ok but Jesus.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Sympathy to those that attended.
    I did not go as no interest in second round cup games. If I do not care can I really blame the management for not bothering.
  • Still seething about that team and bench. A week until the next game, ridiculous to throw away our Cup place in that manner
  • I suspect he thought he saw signs of tiredness in our last two victories. I trust him, and if that is the case, he was right to do it. Posh and Sunderland having replays is great news.

He did say we looked leggy against Burton after the Bristol Rovers win
  • edited December 2018

Whilst I understand the for argument as to why we played a weakened side to concentrate on the league. Doncaster are only a place below us in the league and they still managed to play an almost full first team.

Today’s line up makes Bowyers team for the 1st round replay baffling! If he had no intention of wanting us to be in the 2nd round then why not play the same team for both the 1st round matches?

And Donny played at about 75% with almost zero risk of injury. Bet they can't believe their luck and I hope they get Man Utd away in the 3rd Round.
  • It would have been good experience for our youngsters and is another game for Clarke in his recovery. Sounds like Marshall did himself no harm.
  • I'm pretty sure CP didn't put out a below par team away at Fulham in our promotion season.

Insult to the fans today.

But then Powell had a much larger squad at his disposal over the course of the season
  • Croydon said:

Bowyer and everyone saying concentrate on the league can fuck off. Absolutely fuming.

Obviously feel for the fans that went with that team selection, however wouldn't you take aiming for promotion over winning a 2nd round FA cup game?

Especially with our poor injuring record and all that.

Agree with Chris from Sidcup that winning breeds winning and personally expected a weakened first 11 but also expected a strong bench in order to change the game if required.

Don't let it ruin your weekend mate :-)