Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Doncaster Rovers FC

Verified account

@drfc_official
    10s10 seconds ago
    More
    85' The space opens up for Herbie Kane to have a shot, but it is well held by Phillips. 0-2 #DRFC #CHADON
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Right decision taken.

I wonder if the real Lenny Glover would agree with that
  • Options
    He knows that every extra game is potentially a key injury for a threadbare squad. The annoying thing is the club needed to be honest about it. I thought he might have a strong bench to be honest.
  • Options

I'm seriously fed up with Bowyer this afternoon. The FA Cup DOES matter and we should have fielded the strongest side possible.

Perhaps not the absolute strongest side but certainly something much more competitive than this. Really annoyed that we went into the game with that side.
  • Options
    Posted at
    87'
    Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Danny Andrew.
  • Options
    Isn’t it all Roland’s fault anyway? If we were being run like a proper football club we’d have sufficient quality players to ensure a strong enough side whether it be league or cup. And to have enough players on the bench.

Roland out!
  • Options
    87' Close. Lawlor makes an incredible save to keep out a bullet Marshall header.

#cafc 0 #drfc 2
  • Options
    88' Phillips saves from Wilks after Donny had carved out a chance on the break.

#cafc 0 #drfc 2
  • Options

do fuck off with your concentrate on the league bollox.

Let's be honest gooner not that many are interested in the fa cup anymore
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LenGlover said:

Right decision taken.

I wonder if the real Lenny Glover would agree with that
    Are you saying this is not the real Len Glover?
  • Options

Isn’t it all Roland’s fault anyway? If we were being run like a proper football club we’d have sufficient quality players to ensure a strong enough side whether it be league or cup. And to have enough players on the bench.

Roland out!

You can blame Roland for a lot - and I do as well - but don't blame him for the fact LB has only put 5 players on the bench today. That is entirely his decision.
  • Options
    Doncaster Rovers FC

Verified account

@drfc_official
    6s6 seconds ago
    More
    89' Phillips with a great save to keep out Taylor's thunderbolt. 0-2 #DRFC #CHADON
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Roland out!

You can blame Roland for a lot - and I do as well - but don't blame him for the fact LB has only put 5 players on the bench today. That is entirely his decision.
    And who would have gotten the blame had Taylor or Grant gotten injured today or against Man City?

Would he have been let off for playing a strong side? - I doubt it!!

Just like Fosu last season when he was played in that pointless Football League Trophy tie against Portsmouth last season
  • Options
    90' Close. Sarpong-Wiredu crosses into the box and Stevenson can only head over from a couple of yards out.

#cafc 0 #drfc 2
  • Options
    90' Three minutes are added.

#cafc 0 #drfc 2
  • Options
    What will make me angry is if Doncaster do well in their next league match and we do poorly. If resting them gives us an advantage it vindicates the approach.
  • Options

What will make me angry is if Doncaster do well in their next league match and we do poorly. If resting them gives us an advantage it vindicates the approach.

They're away to Bristol Rovers so suspect that might happen anyway
  • Options
    90+2' Clarke is booked for a foul on Herbie Kane.

#cafc 0 #drfc 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Roland out!

And who would have gotten the blame had Taylor or Grant gotten injured today or against Man City?

Just like Fosu last season when he was played in that pointless Football League Trophy tie against Portsmouth last season
    I really enjoy your postings but let's just say today we are never going to agree with each other!
  • Options
    Why do we keep putting out a second team in cup games! Us fans deserve better! Don't the club care about us watching big clubs?
  • Options
    FT 0-2
  • Options
    Winning is a habit. He should have played a stronger side - at least a stronger bench. ‘What if’s’ are irrelevant.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks @ross1
  • Options

Roland out!

I really enjoy your postings but let's just say today we are never going to agree with each other!
    To be completely fair I get where the angry are coming from... I too love the FA Cup and as mentioned on BBC2 yesterday loved the fact that you'd get coverage from 9am right through until kick-off... Sadly just think there are occasions where its not possible to go on and have a good cup run - Bowyer's post match comments will certainly be interesting
  • Options
    Thanks again Ross and all the other contributors. Back to the League now.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Good man Ross1 trying to keep interest in that game going.

We may, however, have to put you on the bench for the next Cup game :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!