Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Bush senior RIP

Comments

• edited December 2018
    RIP
  • Didn't agree with his politics, but he was a decent man who was admired by many across the political divide. He was 1000% better than the current idiot in charge over the pond.
    RIP sir
  • George H Bush enlisted in the USA navy and became the youngest pilot at 18. Unlike his son George W, who dodged the draft and was thick, George Bush senior was brave and bright. Going on to graduate in 1948 and becoming a multi milionaire by the time he was 40 in the oil business in Texas.

Becoming President in the USA where Business rules the roost and the NRA are so powerful he just carried out the Republican manifesto.

RIP George H Bush

(Not sure what secrets he would've taken to his grave ?)
  • Good man....but spawned George W.

Rip.
  • Sponsored links:

• From a time when you could agree or disagree with the politics, but always respect the man.

RIP Sir
  • bobmunro said:

From a time when you could agree or disagree with the politics, but always respect the man.

RIP Sir

During his time in office, I couldn't imagine there ever being a worse President. Since he left office, I can't imagine a former President acting more in his country's best interest.

I'm prepared to say I was wrong on the first count.
  • Shame he's gone now......can't answer where he was on Nov 23rd 1963. Worked for the CIA & was pictured in Dallas on the fatefull day.
  • Shame he's gone now......can't answer where he was on Nov 23rd 1963. Worked for the CIA & was pictured in Dallas on the fatefull day.

This is the basis for that theory. Kind of laughable to think that is Bush.
  • Chizz said:

Can you imagine the current President leaving such a kind, thoughtful message to his successor?

Is there a record of Obama's letter to Trump
    https://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/03/politics/obama-trump-letter-inauguration-day/index.html
  • Chizz said:

Can you imagine the current President leaving such a kind, thoughtful message to his successor?

Is there a record of Obama's letter to Trump
    Dear Mr. President -

Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.

This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.

First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It's up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that's willing to work hard.

Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.

Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions -- like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties -- that our forebears fought and bled for. Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.

And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They'll get you through the inevitable rough patches.

Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.

Good luck and Godspeed,

BO

• RIP. I lived here through his tenure and whilst I am not a Republican he was a decent and fair man. He was unlucky in that the economy turned sour and the mad man Hussein decided he could get away with invading Kuwait. He was born into a rich and powerful family but he enlisted in the Navy as a pilot and was shot down over the pacific in WW2. A classy man unlike the piece of shit in the White House now.
  • Anyway RIP
  • edited December 2018
    RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2018
    RIP George.
  • edited December 2018
    RIP to a President who will be remembered as a decent man who served at a crucial moment of world history.
  • Nicely cleaned up thread.

I thought it was Ted Cruz's dad that shot JFK?

RIP Bush Snr. Didn't agree with a lot of his politics but he seemed to be a decent man.
  • full and comprehensive obituary in today's 'Times' .. not sure what to make of him .. the impression I get is that rather like The Donald, he set out to be elected president just to see if he could make it .. unlike Trump he'd been a 'civil servant' and politician for years .. too interested in foreign policy to concentrate on a failing US economy, thus only a one term president .. whatever .. R I P