Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

david beckham

Comments

• Forget David Beckham, I’m getting a pop up for a Mariah Carey Christmas concert!
  • Forget David Beckham, I’m getting a hard on for a Mariah Carey!

• Greenie said:

Hark at you lot.....well done Becks a few less quid for the roadside tax collectors.

I don't like David Beckham and think he's bloody lucky BUT

If the ordinary joe got sent a Speeding Fine etc. a day later than allowed (I think it has to be sent within two weeks of the incident) then you do have the right to contest it
  • cafcfan said:

Greenie said:

Hark at you lot.....well done Becks a few less quid for the roadside tax collectors.

This. The faux outrage and fury both here, in the press and from the tossers at Brake is totally unjustified.

If the scamera operators can't be arsed to abide by THEIR OWN RULES but then still go ahead and waste more taxpayers' money by pressing ahead with a prosecution they have no chance of winning, then they should all be sacked for gross incompetence. They should have followed the CPS guidelines but clearly didn't.

Beckham should have had costs awarded to him too. That way those useless mouth-breathers that operate these money-raising schemes might actually start to realise the error of their ways.

BTW, to those who say why not do the decent thing and take the points, the answer is obvious is it not? Can you imagine what that would do to his insurance premium on the type of cars he drives?
    I'm sure he'd struggle with the insurance premium.

If he didn't spend so much time branding himself people might ignore him.
  • seems Becks has gone from hero to zero in a VERY short space of time .. overexposure in the media is a definite killer .. yawn
  • Classy behaviour by David - great role model. Does a lot of work for charity but rarely talks about it....
    Who is he a role model to exactly?
  • Brand Bloody Beckham & that pouting wife of his - can't stand either of them although he was a very decent player & can still wear a suit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Classy behaviour by David - great role model. Does a lot of work for charity but rarely talks about it....
    Who is he a role model to exactly?
    To anyone who buys into his brand.
  • For those of you criticising Beckham and his lawyer, if your self employed and you hand your tax return in a day late, you get fined, if you knew there was a loophole to get you off due to HMRC’s own mistake, you would use it, I will refuse to believe anyone who says they wouldn’t.
  • If he wasn't so high profile it wouldn't really be news and if they made an error by sending it late then he is entitled to get off. I wonder how many people actually know about the 14 day limit and would just take the points and/or fine though? I think the bad publicity might come back and bite him sometime. I think he's been badly advised.
  • I believe his hire car company got the summons within 5 days so not quite sure how the rules apply. I was told once by a hire car company, when I was concerned I was going to get done by a copper with a gun in Cheshire, it can take ip to 6 months...I still think he got awsy with it and his reputation has been tarnished. Sure won't be able to make money from road safety adverts.
  • Has anyone else seen the story bubbling away over the last couple of days 're SDB giving his little girl an innocent peck on the lips? I think anyone that looks at that and thinks anything other than what it is, need to look a bit closer to home ffs....

....or is it a sign of the times?

Has anyone else seen the story bubbling away over the last couple of days 're SDB giving his little girl an innocent peck on the lips? I think anyone that looks at that and thinks anything other than what it is, need to look a bit closer to home ffs....

I've seen that there is a story but haven't bothered reading it, its his daughter ffs
  • Has anyone else seen the story bubbling away over the last couple of days 're SDB giving his little girl an innocent peck on the lips? I think anyone that looks at that and thinks anything other than what it is, need to look a bit closer to home ffs....

Has anyone else seen the story bubbling away over the last couple of days 're SDB giving his little girl an innocent peck on the lips? I think anyone that looks at that and thinks anything other than what it is, need to look a bit closer to home ffs....

I'm sure this was a 'story' a couple of years ago too. Bizarre to be honest, I just think it's good he's clearly got a nice relationship with his kids, including his daughter.
  • Sponsored links:

• All I've seen is people complain about people complaining about it. I haven't seen any actual complaints, but then again I don't use twitter.

SDB? :confused:
  • Greenie said:

A friend I know got a speeding fine. Paid it. Forgot to send licence off. Few months later they refunded the fine he had paid, saying "the deal is no longer on, you didn't send your licence to us, see you in court".

Only, he never heard back after that. No court appearance, no fine, no points. Nothing.

According to this thread, it seems I should he should contact the DVLA to tell them and make sure he gets his points and extra large fine!
  • edited November 2018
    JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

A friend I know got a speeding fine. Paid it. Forgot to send licence off. Few months later they refunded the fine he had paid, saying "the deal is no longer on, you didn't send your licence to us, see you in court".

Only, he never heard back after that. No court appearance, no fine, no points. Nothing.

According to this thread, it seems I should he should contact the DVLA to tell them and make sure he gets his points and extra large fine!
    Well done your 'friend' @JiMMy 85 another victory (for the moment) over the Police Tax Collectors.
  • If you go on his Instagram post, there are a few middle eastern looking accounts saying its wrong. Could be fake accounts or whatever but there are some comments saying its wrong. Either way The Scum newspaper have jumped all over it and blown it well out of proportion which isn't like them.
  • Greenie said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

Well done your 'friend' @JiMMy 85 another victory (for the moment) over the Police Tax Collectors.
    He got another speeding fine a few months later and spent an afternoon in a room with a really patronising jobsworth who pointed out some really obvious traffic rules (which at least means the prior thing must've been forgotten).

He tried really hard not to argue with the chubby jobsworth guy, no matter how flawed some of his logic was. He snapped at the end and got into a full on argument over one of the bits (where they showed a pinhole view of a road, then busted the balls of the 'class' for not being able to see what wasn't being bloody shown). Fortunately, he's got a really cool head and would never call the guy a fucking moron.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

He got another speeding fine a few months later and spent an afternoon in a room with a really patronising jobsworth who pointed out some really obvious traffic rules (which at least means the prior thing must've been forgotten).

He tried really hard not to argue with the chubby jobsworth guy, no matter how flawed some of his logic was. He snapped at the end and got into a full on argument over one of the bits (where they showed a pinhole view of a road, then busted the balls of the 'class' for not being able to see what wasn't being bloody shown). Fortunately, he's got a really cool head and would never call the guy a fucking moron.
    He sounds like a good friend, you appear to be very close.

My Mrs. got a ticket last week, fixed speed camera. When confronted by a speed camera, most people slow down a couple of MPH under the speed limit, but she always pushes it a couple of MPH over, saying 3/4 over it wont flash. Anyway the ticket came in..... 38MPH and as she has already done the old speed awareness course a couple of years ago, she's gotta take the fine....oh how I laughed!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Piers having a controversial opinion to get his name in the papers Surely not?
  • David Beckham has been given a six-month driving ban for using his mobile phone while behind the wheel.

The former England captain previously pleaded guilty to using the device while driving his Bentley in central London on 21 November last year.

Bromley Magistrates' Court heard he was photographed as he drove in "slowly moving" traffic while holding a phone.

Beckham, 43, received six points on his licence to add to the six he already had for previous speeding matters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48213106