Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bristol Rovers - Post Match Thread

That’s how you finish a game!

Over to you...

(Favour - Could someone start a Player Mark’s (and ref) please

Comments

• Another good win.

We're one of only 4 sides in the top half to win this weekend.

6 points off Sunderland in 2nd now.

Really need to get 3 points at Burton in midweek though as after that our next 2 league games are away at Blackpool and Portsmouth.
  • Really enjoyed that. Was thinking coventry all over again. However we dug in and got a good win. Thought they all played ok. Wasn't really any stand out performer. Djiksteel looked solid. Ward with a great finish, however he cant pass more than 6 yards. Also pearce, anyone see it just before the corner we scored from at the end of play? Proper proper captain material that.

CCCCCAAAAAFCCCCC
  • edited November 2018
    1st thing...didn't get a chance to say thanks @ross1 & all for the match updates on the match thread...so thank you...:)

2nd thing...Get in there,brilliant stuff CAFC...stuck in right to the end to finish it off...schweeeeet...!!!
  • edited November 2018

That’s how you finish a game!

Over to you...

(Favour - Could someone start a Player Mark’s (and ref) please

“That’s how you finish a game.”
    And a thread evidently!

• Hopefully Steer is not recalled back by villa as has been suggested....hes improving a lot. If he is then Dillon can step up but if he got injured or suspended we will struggle.
  • A win is a win. I thought we were not at our best but the Gaz never really looked like scoring. It was all a bit desperate at the end with the keeper playing rush goalie so well done Karlan for taking the chance. 31 points and still in 6th place as we head into the Christmas programme. Let's hope we can hang on to our best players in the window because we've got every chance of going close to auto promotion.
  • edited November 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• I really needed 2-1 for the prediction league. Never been so disappointed by a Charlton goal.
  • Epitome of the unconvincing 3-1.
  • Pretty poo performance tbh but got the win and that's all that matters. I don't wanna dig him out too much but Bielik looked quite clumsy today from what I could see
  • Leuth said:

Thought we were mostly dross tbh but a win is a win. We're not very good when we're in front

Utterly turgid second half. Also noticed for the first time today that Ward has a bit of 'Small Man Sydrome' about him. Seems to want to have a row with every man and his dog. You're a good player mate so just focus on the football.
  • Yes, a good 3 points. I didn't think we played particularly well but we did enough as Rovers weren't much, especially in the final third. Against a stronger team it could have been different but you play against the team in front of you and we did that well against Rovers who never really tested Steer.

Ward was my man of the match as he was the one with some creativity and what a goal! Steer, Dijksteel, Bauer, Pearce, Solly and Bielik were solid. Lapslie was all over the place. Aribo got stuck in and Grant and Ajose chased all game. A workmanlike performance I would say. Fosu gave us a bit of a spark when he came on and was alert to set up Grant's breakaway at the end.

Not a great performance but they did what they needed to do. 3 points. Not too shabby.
  • Not a great game but pleased we held on for the points. Wanted Fosu on earlier as we need to play him into form if we are going to get promoted. Ward’s goal was great and I hope we can keep him in 2019. The transfer window will be a big one not for whom we might buy but to see if we can keep Taylor, Aribo, Ward and Steer.
  • Leuth said:

Thought we were mostly dross tbh but a win is a win. We're not very good when we're in front

I rarely agree with you but absolutely spot on
  • Sponsored links:

• Echo other's thoughts that overall, it was a pretty poor performance. Bristol Rovers were dreadful.

A win's a win though and that's 3 on the spin. Thought the atmosphere was especially poor today and I was baffled by Bowyer's choice of subs, as were others around me.
  • wmcf123 said:

Leuth said:

I rarely agree with you but absolutely spot on
    When Lord Naby doesn't play we probably agree on quite a bit tbh
  • Atmosphere ok in north upper but not very good although there was one young couple with their elderly dad a few rows in front of me and she was proper up all game. Good to see.
  • Another thing - we weren't very good, so how must Rovers feel about themselves?
  • As stinkers go Belik had the mother of one, Solly poor but Dickstill, (sorry on holiday and watched on ifollow plus all inclusive drinks mean I can’t be bovvered to look how it should be spelt) was head and shoulders MOM, we missed a couple of sitters first half Lapslie and Ajose (who was fecking awful) but 3 points moves us closer to 2nd place, Pompey has title in bag.
  • We made bloody hard work of that, thought Bristol were awful.

Great goal from Ward and Steer very good today. However some very average performances from Ajose, Grant and Lapslie particularly when the ref ran passed Lapslie who struggled to get back when Bristol scored.

However we dug in and deserved to win.