Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Have to Respect their support

Never have or will be a Spurs fan...... but to take 3k plus away on a Sat night game on the box - commands some respect

Comments

• Never have or will be a Spurs fan...... but to take 3k plus away on a Sat night game on the box - commands some respect

Woopy doo
  • Yeah we’d have brought that easily as well..........

If you combined 5 visits like that
  • Yeah we’d have brought that easily as well..........

If you combined 5 visits like that

If you were to populate a bit more that would get our away support up
  • Must of all had fares to City Airport or Docklands.
  • Aren’t some PL clubs subsidising their away support’s travel ?

• edited November 2018

Aren’t some PL clubs subsidising their away support’s travel ?

And as for away fans travelling to London, doesn’t train travel in London get zero government subsidy and train travel elsewhere get subsidised?
  • Aren’t some PL clubs subsidising their away support’s travel ?

Ha, come on now, can you imagine Daniel Levy doing that? We're lucky to get 10% off in the club shop in May!
  • Sponsored links:

• Not surprised at all what with the cap on the price of away fans tickets. They would probably sell out if the numbers of seats were triple what they were given.
  • As the title suggest tottingham hotenspurtz have always had quality away support. Unlike those stripey fools, falling over in the premiership, no need for Ultras and cheerleaders, or notes from mater to explain why trigonometry revision was not done...
  • Away ticket prices are capped in the Premier league, one of the few good things it does.

These were aspurs prices for yesterday at Wolves
    Prices:
    Adults: £30.00
    Seniors (over 65): £19.00
    Under-21: £19.00
    Under-17: £14.00
    Under-12: £12.00
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Ha, come on now, can you imagine Daniel Levy doing that? We're lucky to get 10% off in the club shop in May!
    A bit of googling and it looks like most PL clubs were doing it as recently as this time last year according to the FSF including a certain team that used to play at white hart lane...
  • JohnBoyUK said:

A bit of googling and it looks like most PL clubs were doing it as recently as this time last year according to the FSF including a certain team that used to play at white hart lane...
    And as it’s a slight change in subject, a separate post, the tv product of football is a package that ideally requires lots of noisy fans. To earn the big tv money it makes sense to spend a tiny fraction of it on getting as much support in the ground as possible, particularly as those fans really can make the difference if they get behind their team.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I take it back. Must be honest, I'm surprised by that.
  • Never have or will be a Spurs fan...... but to take 3k plus away on a Sat night game on the box - commands some respect

Every games an away game if you're a Spurs fan.
  • edited November 2018
    and they saw a very good game between two terrific attacking sides
  • There are about 10 clubs in the country who will sell out the away allocation regardless of the circumstances and Spurs are one of them. I would have been shocked if they didn't sell out Wolves as I would have been since I started following football.

Unique thread.
  • There are about 10 clubs in the country who will sell out the away allocation regardless of the circumstances and Spurs are one of them. I would have been shocked if they didn't sell out Wolves as I would have been since I started following football.

Unique thread.

Every thread is unique
  • Sponsored links:

• If Charlton had finished in the top six of the Premier League for the last nine consecutive seasons, it's likely we'd be taking a significantly increased number of fans away...

Yes we'd average about 1,200
  • And then as the grounds were ticked off , over time , our numbers would dwindle to chuff no matter how well we did
  • For a side who will soon (if it ever gets built) be selling out a 60k stadium every week, i don't think taking 5% of that to an away game is much of an achievement.
  • clb74 said:

If Charlton had finished in the top six of the Premier League for the last nine consecutive seasons, it's likely we'd be taking a significantly increased number of fans away...

We regularly took several thousand in the PL to away matches at our peak (2003/04) and almost always sold out every London away allocation and those within 100 miles. We were limited to 27,000 at home. If we had, had a 40,000 capacity I believe we would have averaged around 35,000 at home which would support three thousand regular travellers.
    Have to disagree there. Attending 85% of the aways in the money league, I seem to recall us having the poorest away support in the league. Apart from Fulham and Blackburn.
  • clb74 said:

If Charlton had finished in the top six of the Premier League for the last nine consecutive seasons, it's likely we'd be taking a significantly increased number of fans away...

We regularly took several thousand in the PL to away matches at our peak (2003/04) and almost always sold out every London away allocation and those within 100 miles. We were limited to 27,000 at home. If we had, had a 40,000 capacity I believe we would have averaged around 35,000 at home which would support three thousand regular travellers.
    Have to disagree there. Attending 85% of the aways in the money league, I seem to recall us having the poorest away support in the league. Apart from Fulham and Blackburn.
    I'm not having that ,us with a poor away support.
  • clb74 said:

Is this for real?