Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Youtube Channel of a Charlton Fan

Hey everyone

The young lad who sits(stands) behind me in the covered end has a youtube channel,

he wants to be a musician but needs more subscribers, was chatting to him at the game tonight as we was watching the match and I promised him I would start a thread on here.

Please if you have youtube subscribe to his channel and get the word around and help out a fellow addick to achieve his dream.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWfpd-ZOBmsihs_6NQz6BgA

Comments

• edited November 2018
    I belive he will be making a Charlton Life account so expect to hear more about him when he gets approved by admin
  • I know that lad and his family from our local area, had no idea he was a Charlton fan.
  • Yeah, I've been going non-stop for about a whole season now. I had gone to a few games beforehand though. Some FA cup games and stuff. Back when we were in the championship, I went to a few games when I had the oppurtunity.
  • Yeah, I've been going non-stop for about a whole season now. I had gone to a few games beforehand though. Some FA cup games and stuff. Back when we were in the championship, I went to a few games when I had the oppurtunity.

Welcome to the madhouse Jack
  • Hey everyone

The young lad who sits(stands) behind me in the covered end has a youtube channel,

he wants to be a musician but needs more subscribers, was chatting to him at the game tonight as we was watching the match and I promised him I would start a thread on here.

Please if you have youtube subscribe to his channel and get the word around and help out a fellow addick to achieve his dream.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWfpd-ZOBmsihs_6NQz6BgA

This is my Youtube channel. As Paul said, I'm trying to potentially start a music career and I have to start somewhere and if I don't self-promote, I won't get anywhere.

Any contributions to the account will be appreciated

Shoutout to Paul for making this thread, very kind of him, thank you.

#COYA
  • Clicked through to you singing Fake Plastic Trees, haven’t heard Radiohead for a long time and it bought me back to Glastonbury 1997. Sitting, mildly stoned, at the back of thousands of people by the main stage for what I think has since been voted the best gig of all time on at least one website. Certainly the best I have ever been to. Good luck.
  • By the way, was the c

Yeah, I've been going non-stop for about a whole season now. I had gone to a few games beforehand though. Some FA cup games and stuff. Back when we were in the championship, I went to a few games when I had the oppurtunity.

Best of luck, very talented.
  • Clicked through to you singing Fake Plastic Trees, haven’t heard Radiohead for a long time and it bought me back to Glastonbury 1997. Sitting, mildly stoned, at the back of thousands of people by the main stage for what I think has since been voted the best gig of all time on at least one website. Certainly the best I have ever been to. Good luck.

Great to hear that you liked it. I'll be posting more songs soon. Most likely one per week with an original every month or so. Some other Radiohead songs are definitely on the list to cover.

Also, I love how you said "mildly stoned"😂
  • Nug said:

By the way, was the c

Yeah, I've been going non-stop for about a whole season now. I had gone to a few games beforehand though. Some FA cup games and stuff. Back when we were in the championship, I went to a few games when I had the oppurtunity.

Best of luck, very talented.
    Thank you, means a lot😊
  • Not bad young man, not bad at all :smile:

Tough business to break into so the very best of luck with it. Do you gig?

Look forward to hearing more. Your voice would suit some pink floyd. Maybe wish you were here. Or a bit of Bowie, Starman maybe or Space Oddity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck mate hope it all works out for you
  • Good luck Jack.
  • Hey Jack, are you classically trained?
  • Subscribed!
  • impressive Jack
  • Very nice Jack. Could imagine you covering Jake Bugg too. Best of luck.
  • Thanks by the way, got my Taylor guitar GS mini off it's stand for the 1st time in about 3 years and now playing fake plastic trees!
  • Rob7Lee said:

Not bad young man, not bad at all :smile:

Look forward to hearing more. Your voice would suit some pink floyd. Maybe wish you were here. Or a bit of Bowie, Starman maybe or Space Oddity.

I don't gig just yet, after moving house tomorrow, the first thing I'm going to do is go to all the local pubs and see about live music. Do you know of any good places?

I'll look into those songs, tgank you for the suggestions, I'm making a list at the moment of songs to learn, so I'll add them. Thanks,
    Jack
  • Good luck mate hope it all works out for you

Thank you so much😊
  • Good luck Jack.

Thank you😊
    Means a lot
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

Hey Jack, are you classically trained?

As a matter of fact, I am. I used to sing at Southwark Cathedral for 4 years. I still sometimes sing with National Youth Choir, but I'm not a fan of the type of music we perform there. I much prefer performing in a band or on my own with a guitar.

How could you tell I was classically trained?
  • fattmatt said:

Subscribed!

Thank you so much!
  • impressive Jack

Thank you!!
  • Very nice Jack. Could imagine you covering Jake Bugg too. Best of luck.

Thank you!

I'll take a look at Jake Bugg, I've never heard of him. I'll add some of his songs to my list of songs to learn
  • Rob7Lee said:

Thanks by the way, got my Taylor guitar GS mini off it's stand for the 1st time in about 3 years and now playing fake plastic trees!

I'm guessing you perform too, then?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

As a matter of fact, I am. I used to sing at Southwark Cathedral for 4 years. I still sometimes sing with National Youth Choir, but I'm not a fan of the type of music we perform there. I much prefer performing in a band or on my own with a guitar.

Hard to describe. My sister is, and I was a choirboy too. So when I listen to her play piano / sing etc. it seems obvious to me somehow. For instance, I really like Ben Folds style of piano but my sister can’t play like that. As if she can’t deviate from her training.

I can tell you’re hitting the notes perfectly and your timing is spot on. Not a criticism, but I guess if you’re going to do rock and or roll, you’d loosen it up somehow! Especially Thom York stuff - he doesn’t sing things exactly the same way every time, in the way you would in a choir!

I’d sincerely love to hear you do a rendition of There There...

• Rob7Lee said:

Thanks by the way, got my Taylor guitar GS mini off it's stand for the 1st time in about 3 years and now playing fake plastic trees!

Not for far too many years,

Rob7Lee said:

I don't gig just yet, after moving house tomorrow, the first thing I'm going to do is go to all the local pubs and see about live music. Do you know of any good places?

I'll look into those songs, tgank you for the suggestions, I'm making a list at the moment of songs to learn, so I'll add them. Thanks,
    Jack
    where are you moving to?
  • Rob7Lee said:

Jack
    Used to go watch a cousin gig at The Miller near Guys/St Thomas hospital, back of London Bridge but no idea how he got accepted to play as it were.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

Not for far too many years,

Rob7Lee said:

Jack
    where are you moving to?
    In the Bexleyheath area. I can still go to home games, don't worry😂.

Do you sing?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Hard to describe. My sister is, and I was a choirboy too. So when I listen to her play piano / sing etc. it seems obvious to me somehow. For instance, I really like Ben Folds style of piano but my sister can’t play like that. As if she can’t deviate from her training.

I can tell you’re hitting the notes perfectly and your timing is spot on. Not a criticism, but I guess if you’re going to do rock and or roll, you’d loosen it up somehow! Especially Thom York stuff - he doesn’t sing things exactly the same way every time, in the way you would in a choir!

I’d sincerely love to hear you do a rendition of There There...

I love Ben Folds. He is great. I can play a bit of piano, but not enough to be honest.

I get what you mean with varying the melody up a bit more. You're right.

I'll have a look into it and add it to songs I need to learn.