Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options
    Foakes gone for an excellent cameo of 37

319-6 and a lead of 458
  • Options
    The declaration comes

322-6 and a lead of 461 with 7 overs left in the day

Jennings 146* (280)
  • Options
    England declare

Good knock by Jennings, he's clearly good in these conditions. Whether he's a Test quality batsman at home is unproven
  • Options
    Just out of interest why do we have two sweepers from the off when they have to get over 450? Surely it's all about maintaining pressure?
  • Options
    Wonder when the last time was that Jimmy stood watching the first half a dozen overs when we are bowling?
  • Options
    Brilliant work from Foakes even if it wasn't out
  • Options

Delivery for Leuth.

What is in that pie?! Looks gross.
  • Options
    If Jennings could play pace as well as he plays spin he would be a fixture in this side for a long time.
  • Options

Delivery for Leuth.

Will Kate Humble burst out of it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    98-3 at lunch. Wickets to Leach, Ali and Stokes.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    We've won by the way, no one watching?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

We've won by the way,

By 211runs
  • Options
    Ben Foakes mom
  • Options
    Well done England, a great performance, our first away win in a test match for 2 years
  • Options
    I think Sri Lanka have now slipped behind Bangladesh which is a shame for them, only going to be weaker in the next game too, without Herath & the injuries
  • Options
    Good performance all round. Burns looked the part apart from two soft dismissals and Foakes was outstanding.
  • Options
    With our bowling attack, and Jennings clearly being better against spin, perhaps we should prepare bunsens for the Ashes next summer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trescothick has gone for Bairstow coming in for Burns as opener whereas Key has agreed with my suggestion that he replaces Curran and bats at 3. All depends on the nature of the track because they might bring in say Broad or Stones for one of the spinners.
  • Options

Trescothick has gone for Bairstow coming in for Burns as opener whereas Key has agreed with my suggestion that he replaces Curran and bats at 3. All depends on the nature of the track because they might bring in say Broad or Stones for one of the spinners.

And which spinner? Might be hard for you to admit this, but...
  • Options
    Oh wait I forget if it's you or The President who reckons Rashid is England's number 1 spinner
  • Options
    Anyway, Curran should go nowhere.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

And which spinner? Might be hard for you to admit this, but...
    As Athers says it will probably be Rashy if there is turn. But, on a flat track, it would probably be Leach.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Oh wait I forget if it's you or The President who reckons Rashid is England's number 1 spinner

I'll admit - it's always been me. The President didn't rate him early doors but now he won't have anything bad said about him ;-)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Shock headline "Leuth defects to Surrey".

• Options

Leuth said:

He just shows that crucial ability to stand up when it counts. Got to keep him in the side; he could become talismanic
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

He just shows that crucial ability to stand up when it counts. Got to keep him in the side; he could become talismanic
    So, assuming the track is identical to this one, what's your side? I'm hoping that you aren't going to insist on your man staying at 3?