Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Injury Update,Cullen,Vetokele,Reeves,Bauer & more -8/11/18

Charlton’s Head of Medical Services Alastair Thrush confirmed that as a result of the injury Cullen underwent keyhole surgery today to repair the shoulder and it is anticipated this will keep him out of action for the next 10-12 weeks.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5be446b31e7a1/injury-updates-on-josh-cullen-igor-vetokele-ben-reeves-patrick-bauer-and-more

Comments

• Surely it’s quicker to list the uninjured professionals?
  • Darren Pratley is almost certain to sit out the visit of the Gas with a knee injury.

But Ben Reeves and Jamie Ward are both expected to be fit.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/963807003?-11197:833
  • ross1 said:

Darren Pratley is almost certain to sit out the visit of the Gas with a knee injury.

Great to have Ben Reeves back so soon... Wasnt expecting him for a while yet
  • edited November 2018

ross1 said:

Darren Pratley is almost certain to sit out the visit of the Gas with a knee injury.

Great to have Ben Reeves back so soon... Wasnt expecting him for a while yet
    I think because of long term injuries to JFC and Josh Cullen and now Pratley is out of this game, Reeves is going to play on his one good leg.
  • I'd forgotten how many regulars were missing from our squad on Tuesday, for one reason or another. Solly, Pearce, Aribo rested, Bielik and Ward on international duty. If Reeves is ready to return, we don't look too bad in midfield - maybe Bielik will play in the holding midfield role on Saturday
  • Could possibly go with

Steer
    Solly | Bauer | Pearce | Sarr
    Aribo | Bielik | Reeves
    Ward
    Grant | Ajose

But then is Bauer fit enough to start a League game, if not then its a simple case of putting Bielik in defence and Clarke or Lapslie into that holding Midfield role
  • The one place Dijksteel hasn't been played in (as far as I can remember) this season is his natural position as a holding midfielder!

If Bauer isn't ready to start, Bielik could play CB, with Dijksteel in midfield. Bowyer doesn't seem to want to play him there though

Lapslie did well on Tuesday and Marshall played well as sub, so I don't see the need to rush Reeves back unless he's 100% ready.
  • That injury room must be a bit crowded!
  • That injury room must be a bit crowded!

At West ham, Jack Wilshere and Andy Carroll have their names engraved on their own physio's table.
  • edited November 2018

That injury room must be a bit crowded!

At West ham, Jack Wilshere and Andy Carroll have their names engraved on their own physio's table.
    Rumour has it Lewis Page has been in touch with the Hammers engraver to do him mates rates at Sparrows Lane :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• So no Reeves at all
  • That is very good news. How far off starting I wonder.
  • Where's page then thought he was out for a couple of months
  • Fantastic news if he's close. As a side point our recruitment has been top draw this year. Taylor, Bielek, Cullen and even Steer have been excellent. Credit Lee Bowyer and Steve Gallen

I would say only Pratley has been disappointing. Like Pratley, Ward hasn't played enough but done well IMO. Bielik and Cullen are a class above.
  • Sponsored links:

• When posting a Twitter link, can you please give a précis of what is said, as a lot of us cant get Twitter at work - so got no idea who you were talking about.
  • Just returned from visiting a care home in Bexleyheath, Tracy Leaburn turned up with Igor Vetokele, Chris Solly, Ben Reeves, Dillon Phillips, and Nicky Ajose.

Igor still had his arm in a sling.

Your family must be in the same care home as my Nan then (Maples in Bexleyheath) as she mentioned to my Dad that Charlton players would be there today
  • Fantastic news if he's close. As a side point our recruitment has been top draw this year. Taylor, Bielek, Cullen and even Steer have been excellent. Credit Lee Bowyer and Steve Gallen

I would say only Pratley has been disappointing. Like Pratley, Ward hasn't played enough but done well IMO. Bielik and Cullen are a class above.
    i would disagree with you there. i think pratley has been a decent addition and has played well when called upon
  • Just returned from visiting a care home in Bexleyheath, Tracy Leaburn turned up with Igor Vetokele, Chris Solly, Ben Reeves, Dillon Phillips, and Nicky Ajose.

Igor still had his arm in a sling.

Did they win the five a side v the residents? : - )
    Did Reeves last the match without getting injured again?