Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Man City & Financial (Un)Fair Play

Anyone been following this story as it’s been unfolding? More and more damning evidence coming out by the day.

Comments

• I have and I am pissed. PSG might even be doing worse things! Of course, they will get a slap on the wrist instead of the points deductions, banning from Champions League and forced sale of players they should be getting. Why? Because they will threaten to leave for a SuperLeague! Much like in life, it's the mid-sized and less powerful people (and clubs) that get shafted.
  • That City's management are up to no good should surprise nobody, although it's a real shame that after finally getting rid of Platini and Blatter, we've ended up with Infantino - someone who's just as bad, and possibly even sneakier.

they will threaten to leave for a SuperLeague!

City as a club don't make a great deal of money as they don't have the revenue streams of their rivals. So I am wondering if they have the same clout? Can they make the threats we've been led to believe the other big clubs have made in the past?

If anyone hasn't read about any of this yet, this is a good place to start:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

• Rothko said:

I don't really have a problem with PSG and City breaking FFP rules, because those rules were put in to protect the old money clubs.

I want to believe that was a consequence, but not the intention of FFP. Probably a bit naive of me, looking at the evidence.

Still, even if those rules are not working as they should, for City to be effectively laundering money in order to get around them is pretty far from ideal.
  • If you could pick one of those what one would you go for?

Me, punching the Gallaghers.
  • I would take Sheikh Mansour, over Roland Duchâtelet, Pity they looked at SE Manchester, before SE7
  • iaitch said:

If you could pick one of those what one would you go for?

Me, punching the Gallaghers.

Then we could ask the question, which Gallagher, would you like to punch first ? Noel for me, such a big head, and thinks he is John Lennon.
  • Ramsey? find it a bit odd he wont re-sign with Arsenal. Said even before this wouldn't surprise me if City or Chelsea have tapped him up
  • Sponsored links:

• Ramsey? find it a bit odd he wont re-sign with Arsenal. Said even before this wouldn't surprise me if City or Chelsea have tapped him up

Ramsey? find it a bit odd he wont re-sign with Arsenal. Said even before this wouldn't surprise me if City or Chelsea have tapped him up

Not a regular in the first team and gets either a golden welcome or a massive increase in wages at his new club. It's Arsenal's fault for not offering him a new contract 18-24 months earlier and this is not the first time that they have found themselves in is situation. Instead they have to spend £30m plus to find a replacement.

Not a regular in the first team and gets either a golden welcome or a massive increase in wages at his new club. It's Arsenal's fault for not offering him a new contract 18-24 months earlier and this is not the first time that they have found themselves in is situation. Instead they have to spend £30m plus to find a replacement.
    Yes, but i also think there is something dodgy around it. Ramsey has been at Arsenal for a while and highly regarded, injuries aside has been class. Silly Arsenal but also think his head has been turned

He doesn't have anything to sign though because from what i've read Arsenal withdrew their contract offer to him. They have a number of midfield options plus decent kids coming through, Emery doesn't see him as a first choice starter and therefore decided he wasn't worth the high wages.

What they should've done though, is sold him in the summer whilst they could still get a decent fee for him.

He doesn't have anything to sign though because from what i've read Arsenal withdrew their contract offer to him. They have a number of midfield options plus decent kids coming through, Emery doesn't see him as a first choice starter and therefore decided he wasn't worth the high wages.

What they should've done though, is sold him in the summer whilst they could still get a decent fee for him.
    Oh really, didn't know that. I just thought he was refusing to sign a new contract, shows what i know...
  • Yep, it was announced a few weeks ago that Arsenal had withdrew their offer to him. Seems a strange one.
  • edited November 2018

I would take Sheikh Mansour, over Roland Duchâtelet, Pity they looked at SE Manchester, before SE7

From what I'm aware of, Roland's biggest sin is being a total prick. Whereas human rights campaigners told the Associated Press this of Mansour:

"Under MbZ's rule, the UAE has become a brutal, torturing police state at home and a perpetrator of war crimes abroad"

I wouldn't want to choose Roland in any scenario, but at least he's not locking up gay people and committing war crimes and using our club to charm people who like to see footballers get better at football.
  • edited November 2018
    Well i never! And there was i thinking The Bitters had risen in a meritocracy, on talent alone without the advantage of a bunch of rich fuckers money cleaning and losing debt under a hearth rug...

• JiMMy 85 said:

I would take Sheikh Mansour, over Roland Duchâtelet, Pity they looked at SE Manchester, before SE7

From what I'm aware of, Roland's biggest sin is being a total prick. Whereas human rights campaigners told the Associated Press this of Mansour:

"Under MbZ's rule, the UAE has become a brutal, torturing police state at home and a perpetrator of war crimes abroad"

I wouldn't want to choose Roland in any scenario, but at least he's not locking up gay people and committing war crimes and using our club to charm people who like to see footballers get better at football.
    But the British government sells billions worth of arms to said regimes, and nobody gives a f**k, that we have blood on our hands, and love to provide the weapons for the war crimes abroad, Never see the Left or a feminist, protesting outside their embassies.
  • edited November 2018
    Looks like West Ham have a bit of explaining to do as well...Lady Brady seems to be juggling her time between explaining herself as Chair of Arcadia under Philip Green and now the financial shenanigans of WHam!! From today’s Sunday Times...

• JiMMy 85 said:

But the British government sells billions worth of arms to said regimes, and nobody gives a f**k, that we have blood on our hands, and love to provide the weapons for the war crimes abroad, Never see the Left or a feminist, protesting outside their embassies.
    Just because you haven't heard about protests doesn't mean they haven't happened.

There was one just 3 months ago for example
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-embassy-womens-rights-protest-london-drivers-100-days-amnesty-international-a8504436.html
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

If you google "arms trade protest" you will get a lot of results showing people who care very deeply.

Besides, just because there are other things to say "what about" about, doesn't mean we should be apathetic when we are aware of bad stuff, should it?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

There's quite a few give a fuck but you don't see it because you're Up North and the embassies are darn sarf.