Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Food Poisoning - Cryptosporidiosis

No I hadnt heard of it either but I bloody well have done now. I have never been so ill in my life, and am only just now starting to 'firm up' after pissing out my arse for the last 2 weeks.

Wondering if anyone else has ever suffered from this and how long recovery took? I got my lab results confirming it this week and the comments said it can last for 'weeks'.

2 weeks ago, myself and a colleague shared a bucket of chicken from KFC in Sittingbourne for lunch whilst our kids were racing at Bayford Meadows kart track. I hadnt seen him since and have since found out that he also experienced the same symptoms within the same incubation time frame as mine started. So its a safe bet to have come from there.

Apparently, its caused by one of the filthy employees not washing their hands properly after having a shit and then touching our food. The Dept of Health sent someone round to question me yesterday at home and will be picking it up, but I was wondering if anyone else has experience of lab confirmed food poisoning and dealing with a restaurant / caterer in question?

Comments

• edited November 2018
    we have a lot of contracts for kfc with work - safe to say i do not eat in them anymore,. a lot of them are franchises and are not well run.

they also have a lot of staff that have an adversion to toilet paper.

the only place i have ever been really ill was an italian in welling that only lasted 3 days and obviously never went back.
  • we have a lot of contracts for kfc with work - safe to say i do not eat in them anymore,. a lot of them are franchises and are not well run.

What do they want with an unreliable carpenter?
    ; )
  • No I hadnt heard of it either but I bloody well have done now. I have never been so ill in my life, and am only just now starting to 'firm up' after pissing out my arse for the last 2 weeks.

Wondering if anyone else has ever suffered from this and how long recovery took? I got my lab results confirming it this week and the comments said it can last for 'weeks'.

2 weeks ago, myself and a colleague shared a bucket of chicken from KFC in Sittingbourne for lunch whilst our kids were racing at Bayford Meadows kart track. I hadnt seen him since and have since found out that he also experienced the same symptoms within the same incubation time frame as mine started. So its a safe bet to have come from there.

Apparently, its caused by one of the filthy employees not washing their hands properly after having a shit and then touching our food. The Dept of Health sent someone round to question me yesterday at home and will be picking it up, but I was wondering if anyone else has experience of lab confirmed food poisoning and dealing with a restaurant / caterer in question?

Put a spoon of cornflour down the pan then sell it back to them as gravy
    Then take it to the nearest KFC outlet and say, this chicken gravy tastes like shit, then stand there while they take a swig
  • Great centre forward in his day.
  • we have a lot of contracts for kfc with work - safe to say i do not eat in them anymore,. a lot of them are franchises and are not well run.

What do they want with an unreliable carpenter?
    ; )
    i know they did ask for a quote and i never got back to them.
  • I very rarely eat takeaways or 'street food' .. the food is all too often rubbish and I don't trust that outlets have good standards of hygiene
  • Sponsored links:

• my father in law had this form a Macdonalds chicken burger a few years back and looked like death, think it took him 2 weeks to feel normal.
  • How much weight you lost?
  • How much weight you lost?

shit loads
    Yeah basically. I am pretty slight in frame anyway - 5ft 7 and weight just over 10 stone normally.

Lost nearly a stone in 2 weeks
  • It’s KFC in Sittingbourne - there’s only one in the town.

It got 5 stars in its last food hygiene but that was back in 2016.
  • a lot of the hygiene stuff does not tell the full tale, a place could have 2 out of 5 stars for no drinking water, a non opening window/door, it doesn't always mean that the place is awful, if you saw most of the commercial kitchens you would not eat from them.
  • Never had it myself but have had e-coli from dirty salad.
  • I didn't have any tests carried out, but I had a similar experience after getting take-out from Black's Burgers. I felt ropey soon after, and pretty bad the next day but figured it would pass. It literally did, and I've never been so disgusted by my own output before.

They sent me home from work, but the journey was...it was tough to even think about now. Had to walk from Old Street to London Bridge in the snow without throwing up, then try and resist getting off the train at every stop (12 or so) cos the next train was an hour away, and it was cold as fuck. Eventually threw up in some poor sod's front garden as I stumbled home from the station.

A week later I was crawling into the doctor's asking him to shoot me in the head or fix me. He didn't carry out any tests so I didn't have any evidence it was Black's that did it to me, but I sure as fuck won't eat another burger from there again. In fact, it kind of put me off burgers entirely. And that's a major fucking crime.

• JiMMy 85 said:

I didn't have any tests carried out, but I had a similar experience after getting take-out from Black's Burgers. I felt ropey soon after, and pretty bad the next day but figured it would pass. It literally did, and I've never been so disgusted by my own output before.

They sent me home from work, but the journey was...it was tough to even think about now. Had to walk from Old Street to London Bridge in the snow without throwing up, then try and resist getting off the train at every stop (12 or so) cos the next train was an hour away, and it was cold as fuck. Eventually threw up in some poor sod's front garden as I stumbled home from the station.

A week later I was crawling into the doctor's asking him to shoot me in the head or fix me. He didn't carry out any tests so I didn't have any evidence it was Black's that did it to me, but I sure as fuck won't eat another burger from there again. In fact, it kind of put me off burgers entirely. And that's a major fucking crime.

Hence your roast turkey and stuffing sandwich, the other week then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never had it myself but have had e-coli from dirty salad.

Its spelt broccoli
  • Had Deli Belly this summer. I thought I had suffered from food poisoning before but I now realise that I knew nothing. Rusty water from both ends for about 9 hours straight, I thought I would die at one point. Took me at least a month where I felt completely normal again.
  • Worst case for me was getting food poisoning on the first day of my current job

Legging it off @ Woolwich Arsenal (not quite making it to the toilet in time) before making an embarrassed retreat back home praying that another incident wouldnt happen

Terrified something like it will happen again as probably my darkest ever day
  • It’s KFC in Sittingbourne - there’s only one in the town.

It got 5 stars in its last food hygiene but that was back in 2016.

They bought 4 of them off eBay. ;)
  • To be fair, we all take our life -well our bowels anyway - into our hands when we eat out. Don't care how many stars a restaurant has got. Let's face it, restaurants, pubs, takeaways can enforce the strictest guidelines but cockroaches, mice and rats can't read. Kitchens and storage areas are a magnet for vermin and it only needs one or two of these invaders to slip through the net and you are in trouble.
    Also many local authorities are cutting down on the number of visits they make to fast food outlets etc. to check up on them due to economic cuts.
    My wife has just got over a norovirus bug which has had her 'glued' to the khazi for over a week. I'm sure shares in Andrex have risen sharply! But that of course was not food poisoning but believe me, the effect was the same!
    Hope you are getting over it northstand.
  • This is genuinely really getting to me now - need to keep reminding myself that many worse things can happen in the world and with your health, but honestly its floored me like nothing else ever has.

I have to get back into the office as, whilst my work have been great, I am already worrying about possible impacts on my job security and reputation moving forward as a sick note.

And part of this bug is that it hits you, calms down for a couple of days, then recurs again. Each time it comes back I feel like I am taking a bigger mental hit.

Like FA's story, I dont even have the confidence to take a train ride to work with the way my body is at the moment.

My clothes are all falling off me I've lost so much weight.

I have written to KFC directly aside from the wider Public Health investigation so see what they say. I almost want them to say something and take responsibility for one of their staff members being such a filthy tosser.
  • Not to mention the reason for the sickness and whats happening...

When I called in that day I mention above I said Id just been ill because of food poisoning yet you guarantee they'll be laughing because the though of someone having the shits or even worse shitting themselves is still hysterical to a lot of people regardless of their age - Its the sort of thing you do as a baby not a grown man... Dont know about anyone else on here but its the ONE thing I'd call in and lie about saying its something else for me being ill for that reason
  • No I hadnt heard of it either but I bloody well have done now. I have never been so ill in my life, and am only just now starting to 'firm up' after pissing out my arse for the last 2 weeks.

You've basically eaten someone else turd. Hope you start feeling better soon NorthStand, the feeling makes you paranoid always wanting a toilet to be in eyesight!

I remember after eating in one of Kents Michelin starred restaurants (I wont name it to save their embarrassment) I was crapping through the eye of a needle for the next week or so, I blame the venison carpaccio.
  • World Cup 90.
    Caught a particularly virulent bug.
    Hospital took a sample and sent environmental health officer to my parents house to view the conditions I lived in. My mum was not impressed.

Couldn’t watch the semi final with my mates as laid up indoors.

Always reckoned caught it from sandwich shop on corner of Royal exchange by the Peabody statue.