Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What were you doing at 14?

Probably not starting and scoring in the biggest club game in your country.

Comments

• cynical comment .. are we sure he's only 14 ?
  • I was far more successful than this lad. At 9 years old, I was regularly scoring hat tricks against the best teams in the land. My team won the League title by a mile and if ever we were 3-0 down, I would be on hand to turn it around to win 5-3. I retired at the age of 10 or 11.

My team? London United. I played in the no. 10 shirt before no. 10 became fashionable for the star player. I'll never forget the stunning Cup Final win against Southsea by 8-0 when I scored six. Then, I got a Scaletrix.

I'm sure a lot of people are thinking this....
  • Stewart said:

Was probably beating one out in my bedroom to Rachel Stevens!!

I still do that now and I’m 36.
    Yeah she's aged rather nicely
  • edited November 2018

cynical comment .. are we sure he's only 14 ?

that reminds me of the story over the weekend of a 30 year old immigrant in Ipswich posing as a 15 year old so he could take GCSEs. He was doing quite well with the GCSE coursework and the teachers hadn't clocked how old he was, it was his fellow pupils that finally worked it out. he admitted to them. He told them about his hardships and how he wanted to try and make things better for himself and his family and thought this education could be the key to that. He asked them to keep it a secret. children are very cruel, so they grassed him up immediately.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2018

cynical comment .. are we sure he's only 14 ?

Possibly says something about Paraguayan football

that reminds me of the story over the weekend of a 30 year old immigrant in Ipswich posing as a 15 year old so he could take GCSEs. He was doing quite well with the GCSE coursework and the teachers hadn't clocked how old he was, it was his fellow pupils that finally worked it out. he admitted to them. He told them about his hardships and how he wanted to try and make things better for himself and his family and thought this education could be the key to that. He asked them to keep it a secret. children are very cruel, so they grassed him up immediately.
    I'm not surprised - a 30 year old posing as a 15 year old has all sorts of child welfare implications. Imagine if he started to go out with someone in his class!
  • Was probably beating one out in my bedroom to Rachel Stevens!!

This'll of course go one of two ways - Either he's the next Freddy Adu or he's the next Messi!!

Bet La Liga and Premier League scouts will be on red alert now because they wont want to risk missing out on the next Messi regardless of whether he can make it at that level or not - They'll just care that he can score for the first team at such a young age

I give it a week before we see a lazy article saying something like "Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea and PSG scouts are chasing teen sensation Ovelar"
  • edited November 2018
    What was I doing at 14 ... I was getting away with murder. Looked old enough to get a drink in a pub and to get into X Rated films without hassle. But not good enough to play for Charlton. Some bloke called Hales was playing in my position :disappointed:
  • I was far more successful than this lad. At 9 years old, I was regularly scoring hat tricks against the best teams in the land. My team won the League title by a mile and if ever we were 3-0 down, I would be on hand to turn it around to win 5-3. I retired at the age of 10 or 11.

My team? London United. I played in the no. 10 shirt before no. 10 became fashionable for the star player. I'll never forget the stunning Cup Final win against Southsea by 8-0 when I scored six. Then, I got a Scaletrix.

I had two Charlton Life tabs open and read up to 9 years old thinking I was in Golfie's relationship thread. Was genuinely terrified where you were heading for a second or two.
  • Perusing ‘Health & Efficiency’. Hard to beat a good game of volleyball
  • Blucher said:

Perusing ‘Health & Efficiency’. Hard to beat a good game of volleyball

And a well thumbed copy of Parade.
    Muffs like grizzly bears.
  • I was working part time down the Valley. I was quite good at painting penalty spots.
  • Sponsored links:

• I lost my virginity at 14.

I couldn't sit down for a week!

Each to their own.

“Minala celebrated his 18th birthday yesterday, after Lazio had earlier rejected claims he was actually 42.”

https://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/famous-lazio-youngster-joseph-minala-18-joins-fc-bari-on-one-year-loan-deal/
  • Glue and meths
  • Missed the playoff final when I was 14.
  • acid at the train station
  • I recently had a great time at 14.
    Best bit is that I only live at 26, so not too far to get home.