Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christmas decorations up by fireworks night.

I know we rant about this every year and I enjoy Christmas as much as the next person but really!! Canary Wharf shopping mall is full of Christmas trees already. I don’t mean for sale, I mean the mall decorations. Ridiculous.

Comments

• I heard "Last Christmas" (not the Wham version but a cover) for the first time in a shop last week...
  • edited November 2018
    I'd ban all adverts and decorations being put up until the first of December. Christmas goes on too long nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the Grinch, I like Christmas, but you can buy Christmas stuff in the shops in August! It is ridiculous.

I did once, in the eighties, sort out a visit to Motorfair at Earls Court with a work mate. I called at his house and was invited in as he got ready. This was the middle of September and his girlfriend was watching a tape of the Orville Christmas show and eating mince pies. They had the decorations up and a Christmas tree up full of wrapped presents underneath. I was a bit gobsmacked to be fair.

As we departed for the car show, I was still a bit stunned. Shall I say something? I was thinking. Ask what was going on? No need, he said to me ' about my girlfriend, she likes Christmas! I suppose that said it all!
  • I put all the blame on Slade singing Oh I wish it could be Christmas every day aaa.
  • Can I please be the first to say merry Christmas everyone.
  • I haven't got an issue with people buying presents now and putting aside, but that is different. I'm going to wait until December though. I seem to recall there used to be a rule that Christmas TV adds were not allowed before 1st December! I felt all Christmassy when they started - especially the Woolworths one!
  • I’m thinking about starting the Christmas Film thread tomorrow....

Wouldn't mind that actually Beds.
  • I’m thinking about starting the Christmas Film thread tomorrow....

Can I be the first to suck the enjoyment from that thread by ranting how shit the 3rd film is and I cannot believe you missed out blah blah blah...
  • Sponsored links:

• Can I please be the first to say merry Christmas everyone.

And Merry Christmas to you.

Can I be the first to wish you a happy new year.
  • When can we expect to see Easter eggs on display?
  • edited November 2018
    Oxford street lights being switched on tonight
  • Solidgone said:

When can we expect to see Easter eggs on display?

Boxing Day
  • Solidgone said:

I put all the blame on Slade singing Oh I wish it could be Christmas every day aaa.

That was Roy Wood and Wizard. ;)
  • I heard "Last Christmas" (not the Wham version but a cover) for the first time in a shop last week...

It was playing when I was in Greggs yesterday.
  • October 27th seen my first Christmas tree up plus lights and decorations in a house along our street.

Put ours up first week of December.
  • There are 12 days of Christmas......None of which are in F***ing November!!
  • Can I please be the first to say merry Christmas everyone just sell the club and fuck off.

Edited for accuracy.

• Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Can I please be the first to say merry Christmas everyone just sell the club and fuck off.

Edited for accuracy.

Many thanks.
  • There are 12 days of Christmas......None of which are in F***ing November!!

It also seems to be becoming more common for people to take their decorations down on Boxing Day or the Day After, it seems that Christmas today begins with the John Lewis ad and ends with the first DFS Boxing Day sale ad.
  • Heard Stop the Cavalry in Bluewater Burtons on Saturday.

Was just about to spend upwards of £5k on jumpers but decided to leave the shop immediately when Lewie’s song started playing.
  • Oxford street lights being switched on tonight

Madness
  • Starbucks near where I work have had a Christmas Tree up since last week.
  • Ditto in Basingstoke
  • It's always nice to see communities getting in to the holiday spirit by putting their lights up.

The earlier the better I say.
  • Croydon said:

Oxford street lights being switched on tonight

Madness
    No I think they did the switch on in 1986.
  • It's always nice to see communities getting in to the holiday spirit by putting their lights up.

The earlier the better I say.

That's only because it gives you more time to nick 'em!