Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Seed

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
Doing a bit of research for a project I am working on and was wondering if anyone had anything on Jimmy Seed's time at Mid-Rhondda United, post-Sunderland and pre-Spurs? Do his books cover much of this period? Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Chapters 10 and 11 (more so) of The Jimmy Seed Story.
  • Here's an extract from his book Soccer From The Inside:

• Thanks alot both :-)
  • clive said:

A short piece about Seed featuring former lifer @JamesSeed on tonights BBC London News,from about 16.30min.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bqlwgk/london-news-evening-news-05112018

When and why was James banned?
  • He self removed himself after comments on takeover thread.
  • clive said:

A short piece about Seed featuring former lifer @JamesSeed on tonights BBC London News,from about 16.30min.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bqlwgk/london-news-evening-news-05112018

He wasn’t. He just got fed up with some of the reaction to his comments on here.
  • clive said:

He wasn’t. He just got fed up with some of the reaction to his comments on here.
    Correct.
  • That's not correct
  • Well if he was banned, he shouldn't have been.
  • Sponsored links:

He wasn't, he left as CL was consuming too much of his life and family members were complaining.
  • Fair enough.
  • That's not correct

Errrrr.....what?

For the record, he wasn’t.

But had he been there is a good chance you would not have been aware of the reason that he (or anyone else for that matter) had been excluded for.

You only see what you see and don’t always know the full story behind why some people are excluded, or take a break from the forum. There may be posts that you have missed, deleted posts, inbox abuse, email or other abuse / reasons that determine we no longer what them contributing to our forum.

Unless it is clearly visible in what people post then our forum moderators carry out user moderation in private, after consideration as a team, and not make a public drama of it. It’s not something that happens very often but you just have to put trust in our moderating team that they undertake this in a balanced way.

Hope that helps
    Wow! CL's very own Star Chamber. Best watch myself
  • Is that Acworth?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21, I believe.

For the record, he wasn’t.

But had he been there is a good chance you would not have been aware of the reason that he (or anyone else for that matter) had been excluded for.

You only see what you see and don’t always know the full story behind why some people are excluded, or take a break from the forum. There may be posts that you have missed, deleted posts, inbox abuse, email or other abuse / reasons that determine we no longer what them contributing to our forum.

Unless it is clearly visible in what people post then our forum moderators carry out user moderation in private, after consideration as a team, and not make a public drama of it. It’s not something that happens very often but you just have to put trust in our moderating team that they undertake this in a balanced way.

Hope that helps
    But none of that applied to Jimmy - which as I said earlier - Fair enough. He seemed like a could bloke to me and I am grateful to him for sharing what he knew, even if it didn't amount to anything. Not his fault.

Was it a group decision to sink the thread about condemning the disgusting Grenfall Tower burning bonfire night party? As this happened in South London, surely, it is a good thing members of all political persuasions could condemn this vile act as they were doing.
  • AFKA said it didn't apply to him didn't he?
  • AFKA said it didn't apply to him didn't he?

He said he wasn't banned.

He certainly did send various people abusive PMs, as well as being on the receiving end of some awful stuff.
  • edited November 2018

AFKA said it didn't apply to him didn't he?

He certainly did send various people abusive PMs, as well as being on the receiving end of some awful stuff.

AFKA said it didn't apply to him didn't he?

Particularly from a well known poster on another very small and little used Charlton forum.
  • Best leave it there. Can the Disgusting thread be unsunk though? It doesn't look right sinking it.
  • Best leave it there. Can the Disgusting thread be unsunk though? It doesn't look right sinking it.

I’m guessing there is a good reason for sinking it. The admins on this site generally get those calls right so, if something is sunk, I would imagine it’s for the best.,
  • Ok, but I am suggesting respectfully that they might not have got that one right.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!