Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bexley Village Estate Agents- Help

Does anyone know any decent estate agents in Bexley Village area?

I have had my property with Village Estates since July and had one small offer. The viewings have dropped off and the communication is not the greatest.

Has anyone had any experience with them or recommend any others?

Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Village Estates are shit from start to finish. Most of the others are much of a muchness tbh. I've heard good things about Robinson Jackson though I've never used them and Park Estates, who I have used are pretty good.

Also forgot to mention Harpers and Co further up the High Street. The owner Jack Kyros (sp) is a smarmy arrogant sod but he'll get the job done and as a bonus there's an absolute hotty who works for him in there. Worth the walk up the road just to check her out.
  • Mann in Sidcup....covers your area. Pretty good and will get you lots of viewings
  • I had a good experience with Village Estates, but it was a couple of years ago. I was selling my Dads house. They valued it on the Thursday, had an open house on the Saturday with 11 viewers and on the Monday presented me with 3 offers all above the asking price. Maybe it's just not a good time market wise?
  • Not a big fan for these sort of requests / responses to be honest. People are driven by their own experiences, but they may well be fairly dated and involve agents and managers who now look work for these businesses. There aren't enough users on here in concentrated areas to give an accurate indication imo. My recommendation would be to join some local area Facebook groups which (which will have thousands in from that area), and importantly ask how recent were their experience. hope that helps
  • Sell it on line with emoov, save the commission.
  • JWADDICK said:

Village Estates are shit from start to finish. Most of the others are much of a muchness tbh. I've heard good things about Robinson Jackson though I've never used them and Park Estates, who I have used are pretty good.

Also forgot to mention Harpers and Co further up the High Street. The owner Jack Kyros (sp) is a smarmy arrogant sod but he'll get the job done and as a bonus there's an absolute hotty who works for him in there. Worth the walk up the road just to check her out.

Agree completely on owner and the bird lol I sold with them and had pleasure of dealing with Eloise. Highly recommended
  • Long gone are the days of having the benefit of a large estate agent having a book of clients who are looking to buy.

these days every estate agent whacks the house on rightmove and zoopla.
    Anyone interested in the property will contact them directly.
    The lack of viewings suggest a lack of interest to be honest although that could be due to the price.

the only difference is the post-offer care.

• Robinson Jackson (Gravesend) were brilliant when I sold through them. No complaints at all
  • ....only that they sent some bloke round to take photos for the publicity, AFTER I'd already accepted an offer for the full asking price. He then wanted weighing out £200 for photos that weren't needed
  • I sold in Bexley village two years ago with Robinson\Jackson, and one my son's bought this year through Village, I had previously known quite a few buyers and sellers sell through Village and Park Estates, personally I find Paul Young and his team at Park estates pretty good, (but I have to state that he did sponsor one of my junior football teams nights at the Valley years ago, so perhaps I am biased).Lewis who works for him is a CAFC fan by the way..... Try a dual agency agreement, that should keep them on there toes, and some new photos,

Not a great fan of open days myself, but often it is price.
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:

Does anyone know any decent estate agents in Bexley Village area?

I have had my property with Village Estates since July and had one small offer. The viewings have dropped off and the communication is not the greatest.

Has anyone had any experience with them or recommend any others?

Thanks

It's a slow market right now, If it's been on for 4 months and you've only had one offer (assuming below asking) it's probably as much to do with price as anything.

Almost everyone who is looking now days uses the net, so agent for viewings is largely irrelevant. If people see a property they wish to view it's rarely by going not an estate agent.

I'd review your pricing.
  • Not a big fan for these sort of requests / responses to be honest. People are driven by their own experiences, but they may well be fairly dated and involve agents and managers who now look work for these businesses. There aren't enough users on here in concentrated areas to give an accurate indication imo. My recommendation would be to join some local area Facebook groups which (which will have thousands in from that area), and importantly ask how recent were their experience. hope that helps

I don't see how this is different to asking about a plumber, builder etc? Judging by the amount of lifers on here that have been to 'The Millers (amazing place may I add) I thought I would ask.
  • used Village to sell in Bexley a year ago now, they were good getting us under offer.

I think there's some research to do when you first go to sell your place though. Which estate agent sells the most of your type of house? You want to see the houses they have sold in the last 3 months or so.

If they have sold a few and quick then they will have a list of likely buyers ready.

Too many estate agents just take on stuff for the sake of it.
  • To be honest, when I sold the first flat I owned, the estate agent with the best rack got the vote.
    They were huge.
  • edited November 2018
    Robinson Jackson Plumstead, got a buyer for my MIL's house in Woolwich, within 2 days, last month & at the maximum price we asked.
  • Doesn't make a lot of difference which EA you use, 90% of buyers look on rightmove etc & when they see a property they like they phone the EA marketing it.

As long as you have good quality photos, a floorplan & a decent decription of the property then thats it really. The rest is down to the price its on for (or what you will accept......a bit like selling a football club :smile: ) If you are not getting viewings its mainly down to the property itself. If you're not getting offers then its down to price.