Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match thread: Charlton v Doncaster : 3 November 2018

As the mods are all still drinking at the bar, I'll start a post match thread.

Comments

• Shocking defending by Donny. And we thought we were bad.

• Played the Addicks...
    Well played England...
    Unlucky Spanners...

Now for the Palarse tomorrow.
  • Once we got over the first 15 minutes when Doncaster went at us it was relatively straight forward. Could have been more than two .
    Cullen and Aribo were superb. Good performance all round .
  • trying to work out from the highlights above. did Aribo originally head it on to the post?
  • trying to work out from the highlights above. did Aribo originally head it on to the post?

No, it was a Donny defender at the near post heading back on to his own bar, direct from the Charlton corner.

• edited November 2018

trying to work out from the highlights above. did Aribo originally head it on to the post?

Think they said in commentary that it came of a defender and it looks to me like their guy (Anderson number12) picking up Aribo as the ball comes over.
  • Great off the ball run by Reeves to distract the defenders
  • Sponsored links:

• Simple win, didn't need to do anything outstanding to get all the points.

Donny were hopeless
  • Oggy Red said:

Shocking defending by Donny. And we thought we were bad.

We are. But this time someone was even worse! 😂
  • barstool said:

Great off the ball run by Reeves to distract the defenders

Is that not Solly overlapping on the left of Taylor, as Reeves enters the box?

• Simple win, didn't need to do anything outstanding to get all the points.

Donny were hopeless
  • Great result against a very useful side...shame we can't be more consistant. ..good day all round. Charlton ebbsflert celts all winning ...only the mighty cowdenbeath let me down.
  • edited November 2018
    I’m always very confident when we are playing at home. At times we look superb other times we were are own worst enemy.

Second half was very dull and turgid. Hopefully, we can beat Walsall and try and build some momentum.

Three points and another clean sheet. I am certain that we will finish in the top 6.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is such a weird league. How the hell were they 8th before today’s game, yet last week we lost to 17th placed Rochdale??
  • barstool said:

Great off the ball run by Reeves to distract the defenders

It was Solly and Ward running in the box as the ball goes in towards Grant.

Very good ball in by Taylor.

Done enough in the first half to create to score, got a little lucky at times defending. Second half was more of a non event where we nullified any threat and kept our shape well.

Hope Taylor is okay for Tuesday after the minutes he played. Hope Dijksteel is alright as he came off due to feeling his hamstring. Thought Reeves was excellent today and Grant was so much better than a couple of weeks ago. He scores most of his goals at The Valley.

Two strikers on 8 goals so far this season. That’s exciting.

Carry it forward to Tuesday night where we will see a couple of changes, Fosu in for Ward especially as he won’t play much after 90 minutes today.

A win on Tuesday and we go top 6.

Well done all today.
  • edited November 2018
    Good professional win against a poor team (after first 20 mins). Bielik and Pearce were great in helping to keep a clean sheet.

Need to keep this up though in this strange league.
  • Very comfortable today - looked a lot better defensively in second half. Dijksteel was the major weak link but improved as the game went on.

Doncaster had very little attacking threat.
  • Aribo is useless

12/1 for first and last goal and another bet on 3-0 and he blasts wide !

When Aribo is on it, as he was today we look a different team.

Donny moved the ball well but without creating much, we were more direct playing in to Grant in particular to run onto.

We looked very comfortable at 2-0 with Pearce and Bielik very solid.

I thought Cullen was given a hard time by their movement and lost their Taylor a few times.

Reeves was good, Marshall impressed, Ward was agressive and influential, Grant should have had two but 8 in early November is a great return.

We did a similar job to Barnsley and confidence was high. We know what followed. Need to carry it on v Warsaw in midweek
  • Hopefully Montserrat wont be a pain in the arse and so demand that he turns up for duty in two weeks... for him to have three weeks rest now would be ideal

I thought we did quite well with Igor when he came on, think his pace with Grant will seriously worry defences as they wont know who to mark
  • Strange game. I thought first half they played some nice football exposing the left flank. We didn’t really look good yet could’ve been 3 or 4 up at half time.

Grant, Beilik and Reeves were stand outs but Cullen was my motm. He was absolutely everywhere in that second half.