Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

More injury woe (Page and Taylor)...

edited November 2018 in General Charlton
Are we jinxed or is something not quite right get why we get so many injuries?

Comments

• We desperately need Page back imo, and I won't be too confident against Donny if Taylor doesn't play
  • Reeco is ready
  • Page is destined to be a crock I’m afraid. He’s turned into a better player than I thought he’d be but he’s just massively injury prone. If Taylor is out for any length of time we are knackered. Mid table mediocrity yet again.
  • We have been jinxed since RD bought the club. I’m very confident the curse will be lifted when he sells.
  • edited November 2018
    cabbles said:

the injuries are down to poor communication between the club and the players

Rubbish. Totally caused by protesting fans throwing stuff on the pitch. Plus I have it on good authority Chris Wilder turned us down as he strained a hamstring during the interview. That was the fans too.
  • Don’t worry about Taylor, this is to show he’s learnt the old Robinson smoke and mirrors...
  • None of this would be a problem with decent strength in depth.
  • clb74 said:

Well the management team can take the blame for Page being out for so long they decided to play him with an injury.
    Yes, even back then most of us feared the inevitable.

Going into the campaign with only 1 LB (with a poor fitness record) was a poor judgement call by Bowyer. Especially as he despite suggesting that Sarr could cover, he hasn't trusted him to play LB even when we had CB cover from elsewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

Well the management team can take the blame for Page being out for so long they decided to play him with an injury.

Going into the campaign with only 1 LB (with a poor fitness record) was a poor judgement call by Bowyer. Especially as he despite suggesting that Sarr could cover, he hasn't trusted him to play LB even when we had CB cover from elsewhere.
    I suspect Bowyer was never going to be given enough money to cover every position that needed it and had to judge where best to spend. If we hadn't needed Cullen in to cover JFC I would imagine a left back would have been brought in.
  • thenewbie said:

clb74 said:

I suspect Bowyer was never going to be given enough money to cover every position that needed it and had to judge where best to spend. If we hadn't needed Cullen in to cover JFC I would imagine a left back would have been brought in.
    He did choose to bring in Ward though.Yes Ward is a decent player, but to me less essential than another LB or LB/CB type player.
  • None of this would be a problem with decent strength in depth.

Exactly what I was about to post.
  • We can cope without Taylor for 1 game but Page being out until nearly christmas is terrible news.
  • And the common denominator is........

Just one clue if you really need it.

Rhymes with (s)prat.

Rhymes with (s)prat.

Jack

Rhymes with (s)prat.

Splat?
  • thenewbie said:

clb74 said:

Bowyer still has to take some responsibility. Yes we lost JFC but had signed just 2 players at that time, we went on to sign another 4. I agree with others, Ward was the signing we could have just about gone without in favour of another defenders.

Yes Roland always leaves our squad short but Bowyer would have known this and so has to take a share of blame.

Rhymes with (s)prat.

Hat? Is that the next protest, throwing hats? CARD out!
  • edited November 2018
    Surely there must be some out of contract left back we can find?

Shame Taylor wasn't booked in the last game as he's only one off a suspension.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see our medical team are at the top of their game again
  • I blame the fans for both injuries.

Rhymes with (s)prat.

It’s gnat isn’t it?
  • Page is made of glass !
  • Page is made of glass !

Ah, got your 1st iPad!