Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talk Sport - Jim White (ed. Page 21 - Grapevine destroys Roland)

Comments

• Options
    To be fair to Meire - she was inexperienced and naive and did what he told her! She believed his crap and maybe learned enough about what not to do from him that she might be half decent for Wednesday. She was a terrible CEO - the worst possible, but Roland is to blame for the mess more than anybody else. He had a plan that Benny from crossroads could have worked out would not work, and believe it or not, we are protesting to save the club from him. Anything achieved will always be in spite of him rather than because of him!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

This Chris Wilder stuff is simply fantastic stuff.
    Someone ask Wilder if the fans put him off, and not the immediate offer of a job at his hometown club that he supports.

It was due to my repeated quotes of "Sheffield United will come good", he knew where he needed to be.
  • Options
    WSA said:

The short video clip is within this link:

https://talksport.com/football/efl/439307/roland-duchatelet-exclusive-charlton-owner-guilty-fans/

Is JW trying not to laugh?

Nod to Charlton Life not missed Roland you old dog.
  • Options
    Huh, the huh's didn't happen anywhere near as much as I expected.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    i am listening to it now, all i have taken so far is he deny's any accusation that we, the fans have ever made, however then tells JW exactly what it was we said he was doing! how the feck is this guy so loaded, his an imbecile!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @PragueAddick

It was not Katrien Meire who sent a load of unsuitable players from Standard before the ink had dried on the purchase contract. The whole network thing was his Grand Plan. His. Nobody else's, and Charlton was the first chance for him to put it into action.

Do you think RD personally hand picked the players to send over himself? The first transfer window was a total cluster fuck, even KM and RM admitted as much. The second transfer window was slightly better don't you agree? As was the 3rd. So of the 3 windows when he owned Charlton and Standard I would go as far as to say were of a net benefit to us.

It also ignores the entire story of the network itself, mismanagement, disappointing results and strife at Standard

Who almost won the league and qualified for the champions league?

- where we know he spent more than 2% of his time because the standard fans barged into his office - Ujpest, where he installed his son as owner - and to a lesser extent at STVV, where he is fixture at Stayen virtually every day. The only club where he really delegated responsibility was Jena, where he had no choice, thanks to 50plus1.And the result of that enforced delegation? The only on-field success he can really claim.

Are you forgetting our Spanish cousins who are as successful as they have histoically ever been?

Besides, even if there were any truth in the idea that he was misled by his staff, the ONLY thing you can say in public, if you are a business owner with even a small smidgin of class, is:

"Poor decisions were taken, but they were all my people, implementing my strategy to the best of their ability. I take full responsibility for the results"

Agree that that is piss poor leadership.

It is possible to actually give some credit, where it is due, without defending the undefendable.

Ps sorry I buggered up the formatting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    It might have been an idea for Jim to have a chat with Airman or somebody else who could have provided him with some data as Roland's bollocks answers were not new and totally predictable.
  • Options
    @Airman Brown i get the impression that you are to blame for all of this! lol His a big fan of yours
  • Options
    A basic summary of the talksport interview I pretended to be on an audio to listen to.

Basically Roland's not to blame
    It's all:
    The Charlton Communications Team
    Charlton Life
    And CARDs fault

The guy is clueless
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:

@Airman Brown i get the impression that you are to blame for all of this! lol His a big fan of yours

I assume RD came to this conclusion with out listening to KM and RM??

It's intresting as I don't think RD has ever named AB but has strongly hinted at it more than once, as far as I am aware they have never met?

Surely KM wouldn't tell porkies to deflect criticism from herself?
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

A basic summary of the talksport interview I pretended to be on an audio to listen to.

It's all:
    Charlton Life
    And CARDs fault

The guy is clueless

You got a tweet read out. Well played @cafcwill
  • Options
    After showing members of ROT around his new hotel/farm project he told us that Wilder felt 'threatened' by fans (CL) and that's why he didn't come. However, Roland seemed more pissed off that he had wasted money. As he angrily told us 'I flew him out here (Belgium)!'
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Roland "Everitt says that the fans made wilder not come"

FFS Airman.

I have no confidence after this interview that he's going any time soon...

What's the price of the club?

"It doesn't matter."

• Options

Apart from anything else a good business leader doesnt blame junior staff for strategic business failures, least of all in the media.

He really comes across as a grade A arsehole and a very comfortable liar.

Unfortunately in my experience that happens far too frequently.

I've had just a couple minutes to go through comments but nothing too surprising. I didn't expect much from this to be honest. This whole thing is like a shitty divorce. There's nothing left to be said, we just need to end it.

Hopefully a link, or better yet a transcript, goes up at some point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he thinks he’ll sell when we go up to get his asking price he better invest in strengthening the squad in Jan coz this squad doesn’t look capable of it. Ain’t going to happen is it. We’re fucked to be honest.
  • Options
    Couldn’t listen today so thanks everyone that took the time to post the deets.

I’m not thanking you though Roland, I still want you gone.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

After showing members of ROT around his new hotel/farm project he told us that Wilder felt 'threatened' by fans (CL) and that's why he didn't come. However, Roland seemed more pissed off that he had wasted money. As he angrily told us 'I flew him out here (Belgium)!'
    I suppose Wilder could have used that as an excuse to RD, if he really had signed a contract and didn't want to be sued.
    Although If The Daily Mail article is correct, then RD is lying because Wilder apparently wanted guarantees that weren't forthcoming.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Except he would have been fully aware of the protests prior to agreeing to join us and fans were positive about him being our manager. If one fan wasn't on a forum - are we being serious here? To be honest, the truth is, he is a Sheffield man and Blades supporter, so when they came in for him at the last minute it was no contest. Is Roland really so thick, he doesn't get that - seemingly yes!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

cafcwill said:

It's all:
    Charlton Life
    And CARDs fault

The guy is clueless

You got a tweet read out. Well played @cafcwill
    Nice, I had to stop listening as my 'audio' had finished.
    I'll go listen back
  • Options
    The mans ego and stupidity is costing him money too!