Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ban us from taking short corners

Boy are we shit at taking short corners. Always leads to us fluffing it or putting ourselves in trouble. Absolutely hate short corners.

Comments

• Yep, dont really see the point in them tbh - especially if you-ve brought all the big fellas up .
  • I haven't seen us much recently, but I can't remember us ever scoring from a short corner. Complete waste of an opportunity in my opinion.
  • Agreed. All rubbish today.
  • Don't understand us taking short corners, when we've consistently looked dangerous with normal ones.

I can understand changing things if 5 consecutive long corners come to nothing, but surely that's Plan B not the default
  • Yep, dont really see the point in them tbh - especially if you-ve brought all the big fellas up .

What big fellas?

We're a team of midgets by and large so need to be creative.

I'm not saying short corners are the answer necessarily though having made that point
  • Have we ever been good at short corners?
  • Tbf we have been mainly shit at corners in the 53 years I have been supporting Charlton.
  • aliwibble said:

Have we ever been good at short corners?

no never
  • Simonsen scored from one once...
  • So did that bloke who plays for Oxford now
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember Simonsens .....cracker
  • edited October 2018

Don't understand us taking short corners, when we've consistently looked dangerous with normal ones.

I can understand changing things if 5 consecutive long corners come to nothing, but surely that's Plan B not the default

precisely. When Cullen first joined his corners were pretty good. We scored at Southend in his first game & Taylor scored recently from Sarr's knock back. We have never been brilliant scoring from corners but it seems that since the return from the International break Reeves has taken over corner duty.....and his crossing is not that great at the best of times.
  • Tbf we have been mainly shit in the 53 years I have been supporting Charlton.

• Tbf we have been mainly shit in the 53 years I have been supporting Charlton.

Very funny oohaa.
    Unfortunately also true. 🙂