Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hoddle

Glenn Hoddle: Ex-England manager in hospital after falling ill

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46002170

Comments

• Hope he's ok
  • Fingers crossed it’s not too serious
  • BT Sport have cancelled the whole programme so must be serious
  • Today is his birthday too apparently. 61
  • A bit shocking - hope he's okay.

• kellycafc said:

BT Sport have cancelled the whole programme so must be serious

Agree, otherwise why cancel whole programme

Get well soon Glen

Unbelievable player back in his day
  • I hope he's ok, one of my biggest fears is to die at work and one of the best midfielders England has ever produced should not leave the earth like that

Get well soon Mr Hoddle
  • It must be serious even mentioned it on soccer Saturday.
  • Very worrying, I hope it isn't as serious as it sounds
  • Sponsored links:

• Glenn Hoddle ‘seriously ill’ after collapsing at BT Sport studios

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/27/glenn-hoddle-collapse-seriously-ill-bt-sport-studios?

No mention of what's wrong
  • I feel sick to the pitt of my stomach.
    FFS, Come on Glenn.
  • Saw him score on his England debut against Bulgaria 78/79 winning 2-0 come on GLENN
  • Horrible news. One of the best English players in my lifetime and a very good coach.

Get well, and soon, Glenn.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I feel sick to the pitt of my stomach.
    FFS, Come on Glenn.

Exactly how I felt when I heard.
  • A real gentleman, Get well soon Glenn!
  • Saw him score on his England debut against Bulgaria 78/79 winning 2-0 come on GLENN

Me too. Come on Glenn.
  • Terrific player, hope he gets better.
  • I was at Wembley as well when Glenn Hoddle scored on his England debut. Hope he pulls through.
  • edited October 2018

Saw him score on his England debut against Bulgaria 78/79 winning 2-0 come on GLENN

Me too! Game was called off the night before due to fog! My first ever game at Wembley.

Despite following Arsenal as a kid (I grew out of it!), Hoddle was my footballing idol and hero. Every Sunday with my mates, round on the local green, I insisted that I was Hoddle when we selected players to imitate.

Thoughts are with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope he pulls through. Not old enough to remember him playing but one of my favourite England managers.
  • Any news on what's happened to him? Hoping he's ok. I grew up in Swindon and he did a great job getting the club miraculously to the Premier League before leaving for Chelsea.
  • edited October 2018
    Good luck Glenn

There are some YouTube videos of him and he would spray the ball around using both feet and some of his goals were amazing.
  • Hope it’s nothing too serious and just a scare. Get well soon Glenn.
  • Hope he gets well soon, one of the most gifted players this country’s ever produced.
  • bear with this story .. BT has a 'Savage Show' at midday Saturday .. today, Hoddle and the usual suspects were taking part in a 'fun' quiz .. the penalty for not answering a question was to cuddle or at least hold a giant lizard, a live one, or a python brought into the studio by a 'reptile expert' .. (I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP) ..
    Hoddle got a question wrong and absolutely freaked out at the prospect of holding a giant lizard, about the size of (say) a medium sized cat or dog .. and I mean he FREAKED .. this can have done his blood pressure no good at all .. get well soon Glenn
  • Should have been an England manager for a longer period bar the bollox talk.
    Would loved to have seen him bring through beckham, Gerrard, lampard, Scholes, Terry, rio, Owen. Cole.

No big name square pegging, you do what your told.

Could have been a golden era :)
  • bear with this story .. BT has a 'Savage Show' at midday Saturday .. today, Hoddle and the usual suspects were taking part in a 'fun' quiz .. the penalty for not answering a question was to cuddle or at least hold a giant lizard, a live one, or a python brought into the studio by a 'reptile expert' .. (I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP) ..
    Hoddle got a question wrong and absolutely freaked out at the prospect of holding a giant lizard, about the size of (say) a medium sized cat or dog .. and I mean he FREAKED .. this can have done his blood pressure no good at all .. get well soon Glenn

What fucking brain cell dreamt that stunt up?
  • Blimey hope hes ok! Get well soon Glenn
  • Wish you all the best Glenn, best player to hit the ball on the volley of my generation.