Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Merry Agincourt Day .. October 25th

All you fans of the Archers, 25/10/1415 is the day for you

Barnier claims that the 'British' voted for Brexit out of nostalgia for our glorious past. Well here's a good example of REAL nostalgia when the French, as usual, took a hell of a beating ((:>)

Comments

• Dilly Dilly
  • won the battle, lost the war
  • won the battle, lost the war

Ssshhhhhh
  • The French obviously didn't take on board the lessons from the Battle of Crecy. They carried on underestimating us right up until Waterloo!
  • masicat said:

won the battle, lost the war

Ssshhhhhh
    I know we're not meant to mention it but our French overloads lost the war to their French overloads so all this talk of The "French, as usual, took a hell of a beating ((:>)" is laughable and not historically accurate.
  • addick05 said:

The French obviously didn't take on board the lessons from the Battle of Crecy. They carried on underestimating us right up until Waterloo!

Except, as I said, the French won the 100 years war.

And Waterloo as some Duke once said was "Damn close run thing".
  • Sponsored links:

• I presume 'overloads' = 'overlords' ? .. speak English Henri
  • edited October 2018

masicat said:

Ssshhhhhh
    I know we're not meant to mention it but our French overloads lost the war to their French overloads so all this talk of The "French, as usual, took a hell of a beating ((:>)" is laughable and not historically accurate.

your po-faced comment is most unwelcome in this context .. read the post title .. Agincourt, NOT the 100 Years War .. and of course later we had to bale out our French 'allies' in two 'world wars' and now we find the French willingly subservient to the Germans in the European Union, a k a the German Empire
  • edited October 2018
    So much wrong and so much laughable about that statement but the cheap insult to the French army of WW1, nearly 100 years on from their victory, alongside the British, Americans, Canadians, ANZACs, Indians and others of course, when they provided the bulk of the troops on the Western front for four years is staggering even for you, Dracula.
  • Blimey, glad nobody mentioned the anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar four days ago!!!
  • Blimey, glad nobody mentioned the anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar four days ago!!!

did the French win that one as well ?
  • edited October 2018

Blimey, glad nobody mentioned the anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar four days ago!!!

did the French win that one as well ?
    Nope and thats also the day the Spanish got shown how to tika taka and get between the lines...
  • addick05 said:

The French obviously didn't take on board the lessons from the Battle of Crecy. They carried on underestimating us right up until Waterloo!

Still fecking won it. :smiley:

Remind me who went into exile and who went on to become First Lord of the Treasury?
  • Addickted said:

addick05 said:

Remind me who went into exile and who went on to become First Lord of the Treasury?
    Look, Moosh, I've been to Waterloo and I bet you haven't..... Oh, yeah I went with you : - )

Prime Minister is good but not quite Emperor.

Just as well we had the Prussians on our side at Waterloo really. Funny how facts like that haven't reached the north.
  • Addickted said:

addick05 said:

Ironically with help from the Chermans, well Prussians and the Dutch of course
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

addick05 said:

Look, Moosh, I've been to Waterloo and I bet you haven't..... Oh, yeah I went with you : - )

Just as well we had the Prussians on our side at Waterloo really. Funny how facts like that haven't reached the north.
    Dont forget the Belgians | Hanoverians | Brunswickers

Whilst Napoleon also had his Polish Lancers amongst his ranks...
  • Addickted said:

addick05 said:

Ironically with help from the Chermans, well Prussians and the Dutch of course
    "I hate dose Chermans, day bombed our gip shop."
  • Brobribb is getting over excited, he'll be out for blood soon .. I'll just stick to Agincourt before we get the entire history of English/French conflict from Hastings (all right, won by Vikings living in France) to Brexit
  • Brobribb is getting over excited, he'll be out for blood soon .. I'll just stick to Agincourt before we get the entire history of English/French conflict from Hastings (all right, won by Vikings living in France) to Brexit

Already in pain from the splitting of my sides laughing at your posts : - )
  • masicat said:

Ssshhhhhh

your po-faced comment is most unwelcome in this context .. read the post title .. Agincourt, NOT the 100 Years War .. and of course later we had to bale out our French 'allies' in two 'world wars' and now we find the French willingly subservient to the Germans in the European Union, a k a the German Empire
    Christ, here we go...
  • se9addick said:

masicat said:

Ssshhhhhh

Christ, here we go...
    Perleese .. DO NOT bring religion into it
  • Addickted said:

addick05 said:

Emperor eh? Very nice.

How do you become Emperor then?

• Addickted said:

Addickted said:

addick05 said:

Emperor eh? Very nice.

How do you become Emperor then?
    Step One: Get someone else to create a Revolution
    Step Two: Murder the Royal Family
    Step Three: When that other someone fucks up and gets killed, quietly come onto the scene as saviour

;)
  • Not some farcical aquatic ceremony then?