Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deren Ibrahim - gone to West Ham

edited February 2021 in General Charlton
Current Dartford goalkeeper is apparently joining us to take up a coaching role. Sorry if already posted but first I’d hears was just now

Comments

• Derren Brown would be kushty... he could make a rather annoying Belgian dangleberry disapear!
  • Pretty sure he plays/played for Gibraltar
  • Pretty sure he plays/played for Gibraltar

He does / has done in the past, also scores a few goals!
  • Surely signing him as a member of the first team? He’s 27 and surely not a better keeper or more experienced than our 2?
  • Saw this on Dartford’s Facebook page at the weekend. Probably will earn more as a full time employee at us:

“We can confirm that @Derenibrahim will be leaving Dartford FC due to a new role that meant he cannot commit to the playing schedule. He will continue to play until a suitable replacement is found. We would like to thank Deren for everything he has done for the club on and off the pitch over the years and his commitment to improving and progressing the academy. once we know when Deren's last game will be, we will announce it in due course. #dartsfc #del”
  • Does this mean we can count him as one of the players who has to go off on International Duty and so get games cancelled?
  • Surely signing him as a member of the first team? He’s 27 and surely not a better keeper or more experienced than our 2?

Sounds more like an academy coach
  • Depends if he’s registered to play for us. I doubt he will be.
  • Depends if he’s registered to play for us. I doubt he will be.

Register him and loan Dartford Ashley Maynard-Brewer so that he can get experience and means we've got a third choice should the worst happen
  • end Steer's loan, promote Phillips to 1st choice and Ibrahim on the bench - you know it makes sense
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2018
    Ibrahim's goal, struck from inside his own half, for Dartford in 2016. Didn't he repeat this feat a few weeks ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1TKBheBUSE
  • edited October 2018
    I'd read he was leaving Dartford, hadn't realised he was taking up a coaching role with us.

A bit of a shame really, someone gives up playing at the age of 27, I hope he doesn't live to regret the decision
  • He’s not going to be in the playing staff by reading Dartfords statement. Daren is leaving because he can’t commit to fulfilling playing requirements. Not he’s leaving to play for Charlton.
  • I'd read he was leaving Dartford, hadn't realised he was taking up a coaching role with us.

A bit of a shame really, someone gives up playing at the age of 27, I hope he doesn't live to regret the decision

I doubt he will regret it, it's a good chance to make the step into coaching and surely will be receiving a pay increase.

It is a shame to see players quitting football because the money is so low at the bottom but makes sense for him.
  • He is a very good coach, he worked with both my kids several years ago and they have always had the greatest respect for him.
  • From what I read he is going to be in charge of 40 or 50 goalkeepers so will be coaching at all levels for Charlton.

Big character I hear and seems to be a bloody decent coach
  • Swisdom said:

From what I read he is going to be in charge of 40 or 50 goalkeepers so will be coaching at all levels for Charlton.

Hopefully he'll be teaching Steer and Phillips how to score from free kicks in their half!
  • Sponsored links:

• I bet he's earning a lot more money as a coach at Charlton, than he was as a coach AND a player at Dartford...
  • I bet he's earning a lot more money as a coach at Charlton, than he was as a coach AND a player at Dartford...

A bit of a shame he couldn't do both, with some youth coaching here, while still playing for Dartford. I guess there would be too many clashes with matchdays, especially with away matches.

It seems that he had the opportunity to so something similar with QPR 4 years ago, but that time turned it down to stay at Dartford

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/sport/ibrahim-takes-the-next-step-192063/
  • Swisdom said:

From what I read he is going to be in charge of 40 or 50 goalkeepers so will be coaching at all levels for Charlton.

He says 22
    I’ve always focused on my career but now I’ve got to focus on 22 goalkeepers and try to get the best out of them.
  • Left for West Ham.

• Good Luck DI, the darts ain't been the same since you quit
  • why is he going?
  • Off topic but is anyone else getting an illusion of that topiary ball moving around?
  • blimey yeah
  • Redhenry said:
    why is he going?
    I thought you'd be the first to know, Redhenry!  :smile: